What Is The Amazon Flex Waiting List & How Long It Lasts
If you need a flexible, part-time job, you may have considered becoming a delivery driver for Amazon Flex.
You can choose your own schedule, be your own boss, and make some extra cash with a side gig.
Amazon Flex drivers can look for Amazon Prime delivery jobs in their area.
They earn reliable payments between $18-$25 per hour by dropping off items like store orders, packages, and groceries.
However, a lot of people want to hop onto this opportunity.
Amazon Flex has a long waiting list with a first-come, first-serve model for hiring delivery drivers.
Keep reading to learn more about the Amazon Flex waiting list to see how you can start driving sooner.
What Is the Amazon Flex Waiting List?
There is a long Amazon Flex waiting list, to the point that they will ask you to join if your city is not hiring delivery partners at the time.
By accepting a spot on the Amazon Flex waiting list, you get notified when an opportunity becomes available.
You can apply to become an Amazon Flex delivery driver at any time of year.
You will need to meet a few Amazon Flex requirements before being able to apply, such as:
- You must be 21 years old or older
- You need a valid United States driver’s license and social security number
- You need a 4-door vehicle that is a midsize sedan or larger, such as a truck, SUV, or van
- You need an Android or iOS smartphone
- You must live in one of the approved areas
Your smartphone needs a flash camera, SIM card, GPS, and 2 GB or more of RAM memory.
The Amazon Flex app works on iPhones that function using at least iOS 11 or Androids using Android 6.0.
Once you meet these minimum requirements, you need to answer screening questions and get a background check.
The screening questions discuss your availability, vehicle, and location.
You have to sign up for delivery blocks.
You go to the Amazon delivery station before dropping off the items at people’s houses.
Amazon often provides commercial auto insurance to most drivers, offering them collision, motorist, and liability coverage while actively driving during your delivery block.
Amazon Flex primarily functions in larger, metropolitan areas.
The cities currently recruiting delivery partners include:
- Arkansas: Little Rock
- Arizona: Phoenix, Tucson
- California: Fresno, Glenn County, Los Angeles, Lancaster, Palmdale, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area
- Colorado: Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins
- Connecticut: Poughkeepsie to Middletown
- Florida: Destin, Fort Myers, Gainesville, Lakeland, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Port St. Lucie, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Winter Haven,
- Vero Beach, Venice
- Georgia: Atlanta, Savannah
- Hawaii: Honolulu
- Idaho: Boise
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, South Bend
- Iowa: Des Moines, Iowa City
- Kansas: Kansas City, Wichita
- Kentucky: Louisville
- Massachusetts: Worcester
- Michigan: Detroit, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Saginaw
- Minnesota: Minneapolis
- Mississippi: Hattiesburg, Jackson
- Missouri: Joplin, Springfield, St. Louis
- Nebraska: Omaha
- Nevada: Las Vegas
- New York: Yonkers, White Plains
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh
- North Dakota: Fargo
- Ohio: Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City, Tulsa
- Oregon: Portland
- South Carolina: Asheville, Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg
- South Dakota: Sioux Falls
- Tennessee: Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville
- Texas: Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio
- Utah: Provo, Orem
- Washington: Everett, Kitsap County, Seattle
- Wisconsin: Appleton, Madison, Milwaukee
If you live in or around these cities, you can apply to start making deliveries.
If you do not live around one of the listed cities, you can still submit an application to get notified if Amazon expands to your area.
Nevertheless, you will most likely end up on an Amazon Flex waiting list.
How Long Is the Amazon Flex Waiting List?
The short answer is that it depends.
The platform tries to notify you quickly, but some drivers wait a full year before getting accepted.
What You Can Do About the Amazon Flex Waiting List
If waiting up to a full year is not manageable for whatever reason, here are some tips you can consider to make the waiting process a bit faster.
1. Be Patient and Wait it Out
When you take a spot on the waiting list, you will need to check your email and the app daily to see if they accepted you as a delivery partner.
You may not get the notification on your email and app at the same time, so you may need to contact support.
Some drivers report it working on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If they begin hiring in your area and you do not respond quickly enough, you may not get the job.
By frequently checking your status, you can ensure you accept the position as soon as possible.
Another tip is to wait until the holiday season when more people are ordering from Amazon.
Most cities will have an increased demand for delivery drivers, so you have a better chance of getting hired.
2. Contact Amazon Flex Support
If you were provided with a window where you would hear back from them and you do not in that period, you should contact Amazon Flex customer service.
They may have a valid excuse as to why they have not responded, or it may have been a mistake in the system.
Sometimes Amazon Flex support will only respond with an automated message.
You can try making a second account to see if you get accepted that way.
Some delivery partners found success by applying for Amazon Flex with a new Amazon account rather than their usual one.
3. Sign Up for Another Delivery Company
Due to the massive amount of people signing up for Amazon Flex, you may want to pursue another delivery company.
Some of the bigger contributors to the gig economy include UberEats, DoorDash, PostMates, InstaCart, Shipt, and Lyft.
You could also register with local stores or restaurants to see if they have delivery services for household items or food.
Even if you get accepted, you may want to sign up for multiple companies to ensure you get regular work.
During your time on the waiting list, you can continue to work.
Before You Go
If you want to deliver Amazon packages, consider joining the Amazon Flex waiting list.
As long as you submit your application properly, keep checking your app, and contact support when necessary, you can work for Amazon Flex.
Keep in mind that it can take a full year to start working, so you may want to use other delivery services.
Ridester provides tips to start working for tons of delivery services in the gig economy.
Wherever you want to work, we can help you maximize your profits in a flexible environment.