It’s important for safe drivers to be aware of any blind spots that their vehicle has – particularly when driving at night.
One obvious blind spot is located directly behind the vehicle, and can be particularly troublesome while backing up, parallel parking, etc.
The good news is that there’s an easy fix for this blind spot: a backup camera! If you drive regularly at night, you’ll want to find a good rear view camera with night vision.
Below, find our picks for the best backup camera with night vision!
Table Of Contents
The Best Backup Camera with Night Vision (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
Why is Night Vision Important in a Backup Cam?
Most accidents take place in the evening hours, due to a combination of more people on the road, and more dangerous driving conditions due to the lack of light.
It’s also just more difficult to see, in general, so even simple tasks like parallel parking become more difficult at night.
Backup cams are useful for making parking easier, and keeping you safe on the road.
A good night vision backup camera is essential for anyone who drives regularly at night.
And honestly, most decent cameras offer this feature – so unless you’re on a really tight budget, there’s no reason not to get a rear view camera with night vision.
Generally, night vision backup cameras use a combination of Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) camera technology and physical lights.
WDR helps to balance colors and enhance clarity at night, while LED lights help to illuminate what’s behind your car.
What is the Best Backup Camera with Night Vision?
Since there are so many models out there, we put together a list of some of our top picks.
We made these selections based on our own experiences, third-party customer reviews, and manufacturer specs.
1. ERAPTA ER01
The eRapta backup camera is perhaps the best backup cam with night vision for 2021.
It features a high def camera with 18 LED night lights to illuminate the road behind you while backing up.
It’s actually designed for use in RVs and trucks, but it can work well for any vehicle.
The large 7″ display makes it easy to observe the road behind you, while the weatherproof housing keeps your camera safe even in the nastiest weather.
- Includes camera and monitor
- Great for any type of vehicle, including large RVs, trailers, trucks, etc.
- Camera has 18 LED lights
- Superior night vision technology
- Large 7″ display
- Waterproof camera housing
- 2 year warranty
- Great customer reviews
This is our top pick for best backup camera with night vision, mainly because of the (BRIGHT!) LED lights.
The lights are designed to light up the road behind you, without creating glare in the camera lens.
We also like the flexibility of this unit, and the fact that it can be used on just about any type of vehicle.
- Plug and Play: Reverse camera and monitor are connected directly via a 4-pin cable with a power cord connector.Power it to reverse lights for use when vehicle is in reverse gear Or can be powered by directly connecting to a 12v source fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
The LeeKooLuu backup camera is one of the best backup cams with night vision, thanks to the included 7 LED infrared lights on the rear-facing camera.
This set comes with both the camera and 4.3″ display, and performs very well, night and day.
It’s also quite affordable!
- Includes camera and display
- Easy installation
- Very affordable (~$30)
- Waterproof camera
- Good night vision
- Camera has 7 LED infrared bulbs to illuminate the road behind you
- Camera can be on all the time, or just while in reverse
- 2 year warranty
- Excellent reviews
This was our top pick for cheap backup cameras, and also happens to be the best backup camera with night vision for those looking to save some money.
The video quality certainly won’t blow your mind, but it’s more than is needed in a backup camera.
3. AUTO-VOX M1
- AUTO-VOX M1 4.3” TFT LCD Backup Camera Kit Parking Assistance System with Night Vision, Easy one-wire Installation, HD Rear View Back-Up Monitor, Waterproof License Plate Reverse Camera for Cars, Trucks, SUV, Vans
- IP 68 Waterproof –With IP 68 waterproof backup camera, no need to worry about the fog or mist inside when washing your car or driving on rainy days.
- Super Night Vision –Low illumination camera gives a clear parking image under the dark area with a little light.
- Park Safely & Effortlessly – With AUTO-VOX Rearview Backup Camera & Monitor Parking Reverse Assist System, you will now be able to easily park your car or automobile even in the tiniest parking spots, without risking damaging it and ruining your day or night!
- Strong Force and Reusable Car Monitor Mount – 4.3 LCD display monitor could be easily mounted on the windshield or dashboard with strong adhesive silicone bracket. The mount for monitor is removable and reusable, you could hook the monitor anywhere you like.
The AUTO-VOX M1 is a great budget-friendly choice, that still offers solid night vision.
It doesn’t have lights included on the camera itself, but offers a specialized low illumination camera and super night vision display technology.
If you’re on a budget, this is a great option.
- Includes camera and monitor
- Very affordable
- Solid waterproof housing for camera
- Superior night vision w/ specialized low light camera
- Good reviews
This is another good affordable option, although it’s more expensive than our #2 pick.
It is a solid camera, though, and the display is slightly better than the LeeKooLuu camera above.