One of the best ways to protect yourself on the road is to purchase and use a dashboard camera.
These affordable little devices can potentially save you a ton of hassle and headache down the road, should you get into an accident or incident.
They can help in insurance disputes, employer disputes, and even cases of fraud and crime.
For best results, you’ll want a cam that can record both in front of and behind your car.
To help, we’ve put together a list of the best front and rear dash cams – for every budget!
- The Best Front and Rear Dash Cams (Overview)
- Why Should You Get a Dual Dash Cam?
- What are the Best Front and Rear Dash Cams?
- 1. Best Overall Pick: Z-Edge S3
- 2. Best GPS-Enabled Pick: Rexing V1LG
- 3. Best Budget Pick: Pruveeo F5-Dual FHD
- 4. Best Video Quality: BlackVue DR750S-2CH
- 5. Best In-Cabin Recording: VanTrue N2 Pro
- 6. AUKEY Dual Dash Cam
- 7. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo Dual Dash Cam
- 8. Thinkware F800 Pro
- 9. Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO
- 10. BlackVue DR900S-2CH Dual Dash Cam
- How We Chose the Picks for Best Front and Rear Dash Cam
- Things to Consider When Buying a Dual Dashcam
- Why Our Opinion Counts
- Learn More About Dash Cams
The Best Front and Rear Dash Cams (Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Best Overall Pick: Z-Edge S3
- Best GPS-Enabled Pick: Rexing V1LG
- Best Budget Pick: Pruveeo F5-Dual FHD
- Best Video Quality: BlackVue DR750S-2CH
- Best In-Cabin Recording: VanTrue N2 Pro
- AUKEY Dual Dash Cam
- VIOFO A129 Pro Duo Dual Dash Cam
- Thinkware F800 Pro
- Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO
- BlackVue DR900S-2CH Dual Dash Cam
Why Should You Get a Dual Dash Cam?
A front and rear dash cam, also known as a dual dash cam, can capture more activity on the road, leading to a better chance of capturing helpful footage in the event of an accident.
Rear-end collisions are very common, and although the liability typically falls on the rear driver in these cases, it can still be quite beneficial to have footage.
In addition, if you get a dash camera with parking mode, having a rear facing cam is a huge benefit.
After all, a front-facing camera will not do you any good if someone comes and hits your car from behind, while you are parked!
The same thing goes for car prowls and vandalism – the odds of actually catching the crime taking place are greatly improved if you have dash cam front and rear coverage.
In some situations, you might want a rear-facing camera that records INSIDE your vehicle.
These cams are mostly useful for rideshare drivers driving for Lyft or Uber.
If you’re not sure you need a front-and-rear cam, you can find more general models in our guide to the best dash cams overall.
What are the Best Front and Rear Dash Cams?
To compile this list, we used a combination of our own hands-on experience with these models, info from manufacturer specifications, and third-party reviews.
We believe these are the best dual dash cams on the market.
1. Best Overall Pick: Z-Edge S3
- STEALTH BY DESIGN: Compact and discreet dual lens dash camera designed to stay hidden - simultaneous recording front and rear in super HD - cameras stick directly to your windshield for optimal field-of-view and a super easy installation - easily adjust camera angles up and down - quick release front camera mount
- DUAL SUPER HD RECORDING: Never miss a license plate in Super HD 1920x1080P at 30FPS for front camera and rear view camera - ultra wide 150-degree viewing angle captures more of the road around you - built-in 450mAh battery enables 30mins recording without power input - record in stunning WQHD 2560x1440P at 30FPS with rear camera disconnected - features 2.4-inch scratch resistant LCD display screen with PiP display
- WDR TECHNOLOGY: Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology compensates for light/dark spots and balances exposure. Superior low light compensation at the touch of a button, featuring six glass lenses for superior video quality you need whilst driving at night
- AUTOMATIC SAFEGUARDS: Records automatically on vehicle ignition - switches off automatically with ignition off - energy saving LCD screen off timer - loop recording feature for efficient storage management - manual and automatic video protection from deletion - one button audio recording on/off - built-in G-sensor/accelerometer triggers motion/crash vibration detection recording - parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle
The Z-Edge S3 is, in our opinion, the best front and rear dash camera overall.
We chose this as our top recommendation because it’s offered at a great price point (around $150 typically), it offers stellar recording quality, it has an impressive parking mode, and it’s earned consistently excellent customer reviews from consumers. Here are some highlights:
- Full size front-facing camera, smaller rear-facing
- 1080p HD recording quality for both cameras
- 150-degree wide-angle (front-facing)
- Excellent night vision using wide dynamic range
- Advanced parking mode uses motion & impact detection to record incidents even when your car is turned off
- Small, discrete design
- Easy to install and use
- Comes with an SD card (see our choice of SD cards for dashboard cameras for expansion options)
- Excellent reviews
- 1.5 year warranty
To me, this cam hits the sweet spot of impressive features, with a reasonable price.
There are cameras that offer slightly better recording quality, but they cost significantly more.
Likewise, there are cheaper cameras, but they won’t work as well or skimp on certain features.
The Z-Edge S3 is a perfect middle ground, and it’s the best front and rear dashboard camera for most situations.
2. Best GPS-Enabled Pick: Rexing V1LG
The Rexing V1LG Dual Channel cam is a fantastic camera with one standout feature: built-in GPS tracking, that can sync with Google Maps!
This feature is very useful for proving where you were when an accident or infraction took place and provides an extra layer of protection.
It’s also just a great all-around camera, and likely the best dual dash cam with GPS capabilities.
- Full HD 1080p recording
- 170 degree wide-angle lens (front-facing)
- Excellent night vision
- Built in GPS tracking (can sync with Google Maps)
- 18 month warranty
- Excellent reviews
Rexing is known for making top quality cams, and this one is no different.
It’s a solid performer in all categories, with great recording quality, solid night vision dash cam, ultra-wide-angle coverage, and of course, built-in GPS.
It’s one of the best front and rear dash cams on the market today.
3. Best Budget Pick: Pruveeo F5-Dual FHD
The Pruveeo F5-Dual FHD is our top pick for readers on a budget.
It’s priced quite affordably, typically around the $60 mark.
It builds on the popular Pruveeo F5 (which is one of our top picks for cheap dash cams) by adding a rear-facing camera.
It records in HD, and offers good night vision recording.
To be honest, the rear-facing camera is not that great, but it works well for the price – and the front-facing cam has excellent recording quality.
- Full size front-facing camera, smaller rear-facing
- HD recording for front-facing cam; lower quality for rear facing
- Super affordable (around $60)
- 170 degree wide-angle for front-facing lens
- Easy to install and use
- Good reviews
If you’re on a tight budget, the Pruveeo F5 is one of the best front and rear dash cams on the market.
The rear-facing cam was a bit disappointing in the video quality department, but it was good enough.
If you prefer, for a few dollars more you could just buy two of the standard Pruveeo F5’s, and simply attach one to your rear dash.
4. Best Video Quality: BlackVue DR750S-2CH
The BlackVue DR750S-2CH is a high end camera with killer recording quality.
Like most cameras on this list, it records in 1080p HD – but the main difference is that it offers recording at up to 60 frames per second, which is double the industry standard.
This allows for more detail, as it essentially captures twice as many frames in any given second.
The camera is also feature-rich but do keep in mind that there are some issues plaguing this camera that have yet to be addressed by the company.
- Both cameras record in 1080p HD
- Front facing camera offers recording at 60 frames per second
- Excellent picture quality, front and rear
- Wide angle lens
- Good night vision
- Audio recording
- Flawlessly captures license plates and other key details
- Built-in GPS recording
- WiFi enabled
- Some reviewers mentioned issues involving WiFi connectivity
The BlackVue is not a cheap camera, but if recording quality is important to you, it’s tough to beat this cam (maybe only 4k dash cam).
The WiFi feature is a good perk – but, if you read recent reviews, you’ll notice that some users have had issues with connecting to WiFi.
It’s likely that this camera needs a firmware update from the manufacturer.
Regardless, issues with WiFi do not affect recording quality, so we still think this is one of the best front and rear dash cams available.
5. Best In-Cabin Recording: VanTrue N2 Pro
- 【Dual Lens 1080P Car Camera】Best dual dash cam for uber, rideshare, lyft drivers, picked by Wirecutter, CNET, Businessinsider, BGR etc. The front and inside camera simultaneously capture the road front (170°) and inside passenger cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps, which is a great option for rideshare drivers that will need photographic evidence in the event some rowdy passengers do damage to their car.
- 【Single Front 2.5K 1440P Dash Cam】When recording in front-only mode, footage is captured at at 2.5K 2560x1440P@30fps, which enables clear license plates, road signs. Or you can switch to 1920x1080P@60fps mode with smoother videos for high speed traffic.
- 【Infrared Night Vision】The interior facing camera utilizes 4 IR LED lights and f/2.0 aperture, which can handle low light conditions and ensures flawless video footage even when the passenger cabin is dark. F/1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video.
- 【24 Hours Parking Mode & Auto LCD OFF】24 Hours Motion activated parking mode makes the dual car camera to automatically record when it detects motion. Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up. Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield. Ideal for most climates: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C). Excellent audio recording with built in microphone. Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals.
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor & Optional GPS】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 256GB microSD cards, recommend Vantrue microSD card. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount).
- 【Total Peace of Mind w/18m Warranty】Full 18m Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Pay less auto insurance, your witness for accidents and insurance claims. Perfect dual lens dash cam for uber, taxis, rideshare, lyft drivers, commuters, and families. Works with 12V and 24V vehicles.
The VanTrue N2 Pro is our top pick for readers looking for an easy way to record inside their vehicles, as well as in front of.
This is a single-camera unit, but it has two lenses; one front-facing, and one rear-facing.
It won’t capture much that goes on behind your vehicle, but it will get everything in front, and everything inside your vehicle.
It’s most useful for cab drivers, rideshare drivers, etc.
- Front and rear facing cameras built in
- 1080p recording
- Wide-angle lens
- Great for Uber/Lyft drivers
- Quality night vision recording
- GPS capabilities can be added on
- In-vehicle audio
- Excellent customer reviews
This camera offers stellar recording quality and great features.
Again, it’s not going to do much if your goal is to shoot footage from behind your car, but it’s great for recording inside and in front.
This dual dashcam model produced by AUKEY is a true vanguard when it comes to pricing.
Although being the second cheapest camera, purchasable for $140 on Amazon, it still does a very good job.
It can capture recordings at 1080p with the inclusion of a parking mode option able to survey during day and night.
When the user is interested in seeing what was happening while (s)he was outside the car, there is a preview feature included.
The view-angle of the front camera is 170 degrees and the rear unit can capture 152 degrees, meaning that coverage of six lenses is ensured. One of the best features you will get with this unit is its ability to do the work during different weather conditions.
According to the producer, this unit can operate from -22 to 167 degrees Fahrenheit since this is dash cam powered by a capacitor.
The manufacturer also provides warranty service for the product for two years.
Among the numerous advantages of this camera is its weight which enables easy installation and portability.
What contributes to the stealthiness of this device is its small size which makes it difficult to be noticed (it belongs to a hidden dashboard camera category).
A shortcoming for the model is the unsatisfactory night visibility, but this may also be the case with many other models.
The lack of mobile interaction is another shortcoming of the system.
In such circumstances, the user may get an SD card to connect it with a PC/laptop.
Although it generally works out fine, the rear extension cord may be a bit short for certain vehicles.
- Black colored stealthy design
- Sony Exmor Sensor on both cameras
- 2 years warranty
- Powered by a capacitor
- Does not have a remote Wi-Fi connection
- Front and Rear Cameras recording with 1080p resolution and work with Sony Exmor Image Sensor
- Excellent coverage by the Front Cam (170°) and Rear Cam (152°)
- LCD with 1.5″ size
- MicroSD Card with Capacity of 128GB
- Parking Mode & Motion Detection
- GPS (the Antenna is optional)
- Including G-Sensor
All in all, this is a great option when it comes to easy setup and excellent imagery on a small dual device.
- 【Ultra HD Real 4K Dual Channel】 Dash cam A129 Pro Duo adopt top quality Sony 8MP IMX317 Sensor on front camera and rear camera with Sony IMX 291 sensor, this dual dash cam captures super clear view at Ultra HD 4K 30fps or 2K 60fps for front camera. 4K Dash cam offer amazing video quality, four time higher than a regular FHD. Help you read most details from street signs, license plate etc. Give you peace of mind when you're driving
- 【Upgraded Super Night Vision & WDR】8MP sensor, combine with upgraded 7-Glass F1.8 aperture lens and WDR technology, provide a much clearer image than most dash cameras at night, maintain sharp image and automatically balance the lighting at over bright and over dark area. A car recorder that can be used with peace of mind from day to night
- 【Advanced Parking Mode】Car camera A129 Pro Duo will record and lock 15 seconds video before the event and 30 seconds after an impact / motion, This is an excellent feature and completes a true parking mode as there can be a lot of vital information in the lead-up to whatever triggered recording（using VIOFO HK3 hardwire cable kit, sold separately, asin: B07JQ1JYPJ）
- 【Wireless Wi-Fi & GPS】 5GHz & 2.4GHz dual-band Wi-Fi could transmit in two different standard frequency ranges to avoid wireless interference. More stable signal and faster speed. With GPS logger, dash camera can log the current speed and GPS location, Timestamp information can be embedded in the video. Real-time speed would display on car camera screen in KM/H or MP/H.
- 【Premium Functions】 4K resolution, loop recording, emergency recording, motion detection, time lapse, parking mode, wifi gps function and so on. All your daily driving needs will be satisfied by this one dash cam.
- 【Bluetooth Remote Control】Notice: SD card is not included. Optional Bluetooth remote is helpful for you to save and lock important videos without being distracted or taking your eyes off the road. All you need to do is to place it in a suitable position and simply press on the remote. (please buy separately ASIN: B07GF9CF2X)
VIOFO succeeded in maintaining a pretty awesome reputation for producing budget-friendly single dashcams.
The A129 Pro Duo model is also laid out in a black, stealthy wedge shape.
When it comes to dual dashcams with night-vision, this is our pick for 2023.
The front camera of this model can shoot in 4K, while the rear one performs with 1080p in HD resolution.
Not to mention that both devices use image sensors produced by Sony, which is not the case with other models.
This is the reason why it records with exquisite quality in both directions.
The lens angle of the front camera is 130 degrees and provides a complete view of the front of the car, although this is lower in comparison to other models.
This model will also bring you all regular parking mode features, such as detection of impact and movement.
However, if you want to power the dashcam while the engine is turned off, you will need an additional hardwire set.
The mount includes an integrated GPS which will provide the possibility of having the speed and coordinates watermarked on the recordings.
When the user doesn’t want to use the GPS, it can be turned off.
The VIOFO APP will give you the possibility to connect your smartphone/tablet directly to the A129 Duo Pro device.
Additionally, you can view live, download, and share videos or even change settings from your mobile device.
- 4K Video Resolution
- Sony image sensor with 8MP
- Including WiFi and GPS
- Capacitor powered
- It may have a smaller angle lens in comparison to other dual dashcams
- 4K Video Resolution
- 8MP IMX317 Image Sensor produced by Sony
- Lens Angle of 130 degrees
- MicroSD Capacity of 256GB
- Movement Detection
- Integrated Wi-Fi
- Mounted GPS
- Powered by a capacitor
All in all, we are talking about a solid dual dashcam system that captures recording in true 4K, as we know that a dual dashcam featuring both WiFi and GPS is pretty difficult to get.
This is an extraordinary dual dash cam containing many additional features while providing fine video quality.
This Thinkware model can protect the vehicle in 3 different ways while the driver is away.
Although it doesn’t include remote video streaming, it will connect to the internet and alert you when something is detected in or outside the car.
A hardwire kit is often included with this camera set.
When your car battery runs low, the camera firmware will sense it while protecting it from being depleted.
When the weather conditions become too hot, there is a mechanism that will shut the camera down to protect it.
The camera includes an integrated GPS.
This model doesn’t have a screen, but it may connect it to your smartphone since it features Wi-Fi.
When you want to make a connection to your mobile device, there are apps available for Android and iOS.
- 1920×1080 resolution on the front and rear camera
- Excellent video quality
- Solid reliability
- 128GB memory capacity (lasting more than 14 hours)
- Doesn’t have a screen
- Live streaming not available from Parking Mode
- Including Wi-Fi
- Built-in GPS
- Three different parking modes (buffered, time-lapse, or energy saving)
- Capacitor powered so it becomes excellent for extreme temperatures
- Lock file button for the saving of any video recording
This model can provide an excellent image during night-time, which is a point where many other 4K dashcams fail.
You can also store the recordings in a cloud.
All in all, the U1000 set produced by Thinkware represents one of the best products by this company when it comes to 4K dashcams.
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: Register your camera online for an additional year on top of our complimentary 1-year warranty. This along with our LIFETIME CUSTOMER SUPPORT with agents IN THE USA represents our continuing investment into the customer experience.
- 2K QUAD HD RECORDING: Equipped with the STARVIS 2K Image sensor, the front camera of this device renders a clear quality image even in extreme lighting locations. State-of-the-art technology delivers a lens sensitive well beyond that of a human eye, allowing the system to capture and generate quality-grade footage evidence day-or-night. Capture the important details especially when you need them most!
- THE AMENITY KIT: You truly get more with The Street Guardian Brand, now featuring our Premium Accessory Kit that includes a full scope of accessories paramount for the smooth operation and installation of your dash camera.
- WIFI & APP STABILITY: Now supporting full-range Wi-Fi camera control for your Smart Device using our stability-proven App for Apple and Android. Rigorously tested for precision, our Wi-Fi coverage and Smart Device App stability are a great addition to the Street Guardian User Experience!
- SET-IT-&-FORGET-IT: Designed to operate independent of the driver to function as a vehicle black-box capturing the entirety of events and intuitively locking important videos onto the SD card for future review.
Available on the market since 2019, the SG9663DCPRO model produced by Street Guardian offers recording quality which is among the best on this list.
Despite being a pretty high-end device, it still maintains its basic qualities of being very reliable, quick-performing, and inclusive with customer support after the sales.
We still have to mention its biggest shortcoming which will be the non-inclusion of cloud connectivity.
However, upgrades to this model have been made, so the latest versions include Wi-Fi connection, as well as an app that is operable for both iOS and Android.
Its basic package includes a GPS antenna, together with a CPL filter.
The camera is also featuring a 2 inches large screen with intuitive menus which makes it easy for the device to be used or set up.
Additionally, Street Guardian is a producer that offers one of the most responsive and helpful customer services that are going to assist the user with any type of problem or question.
Among the remaining features is the relatively basic parking mode which functions as time-lapse.
To provide power for the device when the engine is turned off, you have to purchase the hardwiring kit which has to be connected to the vehicle’s fuse box and is not included in the primary package.
- 1920×1080 Resolution at the Front and Rear Camera
- Very good video quality
- Excellent reliability
- Over 37 hours of recording due to the 512GB recording capacity
- Hardwire kit for Parking mode should be additionally purchased
- 2 inches screen size
- External GPS
- Wi-Fi connection
- Including CPL filter
- Powered by a Capacitor
- Lock File Button for preserving any video
- 24 Months of Warranty and excellent Customer Support
- Parking Mode in a time-lapse format
This is one of the best high-end dual dashcam setups available on the market today which we recommend both in terms of reliability and quality.
- ✔ 4K Ultra High Definition Capture - 4x the Resolution of 1080p
- ✔ Improved H. 265 Compression Codec - With this new compression, the DR900 is able to have it’s 4K video the same file size as a similar camera recording 1080P using H. 264 compression
- ✔ Built-In GPS And Dual Band Wi-Fi - Change Settings and Review Video on the Fly! Simply connect to your Android or iOS device
- ✔ Built-In Impact And Motion Detection - Lock in Event Recordings in case of an accident or event, without the fear of them being overwritten by Loop Recording. Parking mode, together with Motion Detection
- Power Consumption - Avg. 380 mA (4.56 W at 12 V, when GPS is On and Wi-Fi is Off).Avg. 360 mA (4.32 W at 12 V, when GPS and Wi-Fi are Off)
- ✔ BlackVue Over The Cloud Compatible - View Your Videos Anywhere in the World over the Internet (Hotspot required)
The DR900S model by BlackVue is the best possible choice when it comes to high-end products of this type.
We put it on our list because it is among the few real 4K dashcams available on the market since it is clear that many other models claim to provide 4K quality but bring 2K or smaller image resolution.
DRS900S has the 8MP image sensor which is a precondition for recording in 4K.
In addition to the very high resolution, this model provides you with cloud storage and wireless internet access to your smartphone or tablet which can be established through the BlackVue APP.
The BlackVue Cloud provides the user with viewing the GPS location of the vehicle during any time of the day, together with watching previous videos.
When it comes to cloud storage, these features make it the best choice advised by our website.
The DR900S has a stealthy design with its small size (it belongs to mini dash camera category) and black color, so you won’t have to worry about unwanted events like theft.
Although the camera unit is not equipped with a screen, it still has WiFi connection, so when you wish to review, delete videos or change certain camera settings, you will be given the possibility of access through your smartphone device or tablet.
In contrast to many other models, this one is equipped with GPS, so you don’t have to make an additional purchase of the device which may also occupy some extra space in your vehicle.
- HD Video Resolution in Real 4K
- The best Cloud feature
- Integrated WiFi and GPS
- App for iOS and Android
- Not an inexpensive product
- Video recording in 4K HD, 3840×2160 resolution with @ 30FPS
- Image Sensor with 8MP gives the ability to shoot in 4K
- 162° Angle Coverage
- MicroSD Capacity of 256GB
- Integrated WiFi and GPS
- Motion Detection and Parking Mode
- Including G-sensor
The storage devices supported by this model can be up to 256GB in size, which provides the user with more than 24 hours of recording time for both cameras if the quality is medium, while it enables 15 hours of material if recorded in its best possible quality.
All in all, it is a recommendable high-end product.
You are surely interested in our opinion regarding the best in this list of rearview dashcam devices.
We share the opinion of many other online communities (our Reddit pick dash cam article supports this) claiming that the BlackVue DR900S is the best dual dashcam product currently available on the market.
How We Chose the Picks for Best Front and Rear Dash Cam
Dual dash cams are rising in popularity, especially for ride-sharing services and concerned drivers that want to make sure that they have protection in case something happens to their vehicle.
In our experience, we found a variety of features and options in the best front and rear dash cam products that we sampled.
You’ll find a variation in prices, so no matter your budget, there should be an option for you!
In addition to price, we considered camera/picture quality, special features and add-ons, production quality, and much more.
Here are some of the things we considered and that you might also want to consider when choosing a front and rear dash cam for your car.
Price is going to be the defining factor for many people and the good news is that you can find a decent dual dash cam at a reasonable price.
Keep in mind though that the quality of the camera and the number of added features will change somewhat drastically based on price.
The ultra-cheap models are usually not the best options where picture quality is concerned.
That said, with sales, coupon codes, and other discounts, it’s possible to get a good product for a fair price.
As you might expect, the picture quality and camera specs are going to vary based on both product and the amount you’re willing to pay for it.
Overall, there are front and rear dash cams with crystal clear picture quality and others that leave plenty of be desired.
It’s not uncommon to find a fairly priced model with an HD camera these days.
Just make sure to check the specs and if you’re shopping online look for footage made with dash cams that you’re considering so you know what to expect.
Ease of Setup
You’ve got two options for installing your front and rear dash cam.
You can install it yourself using instructions provided by the manufacturer or you can have someone like Geek Squad install it for a fee.
If you’re doing the installing, we wanted to make sure that installation instructions were thorough and that there were enough ways to contact customer service if you get stuck or something goes wrong.
Where a dash cam is concerned, the display allows you to see what the camera is capturing.
Another feature, especially if the screen is large enough, is that you can change your settings from the display.
If the screen isn’t large enough changes usually need to be made via an app or computer.
Luckily, most displays tend to be large enough to adequately see what’s going on around your car and also change your settings when or if they need changed.
A variety of screen sizes and displays are out there, usually the larger displays cost more, but there are good sized, affordable models available, as you can see in our list above.
Your standard front and rear dash cam offers so much more than just two camera angles.
Some offer Wi-fi, parking surveillance, GPS, wide angle lenses, night vision capabilities, and many other features.
It’s important to have at least a basic idea of what you want so that you get the most feature-rich product for the fairest available price.
Most front and rear dash cam models come with a warranty of some kind.
Whether it’s a month or over two years, will depend on the product.
As the warranty is a way for companies to stand behind their product, you should take a minute to make sure there is a warranty, but also what’s in it.
If something goes wrong with your dash cam, will it be repaired, or will they provide a new one?
Knowing these things allows you to have more confidence in your purchase, especially if something goes wrong.
Things to Consider When Buying a Dual Dashcam
As far as memory cards and storage is concerned, nearly all dashcams use only one, which is mostly the front device.
Given the fact that two camera devices are running at the same time, you will have to store twice as much material.
You may want to favor purchasing a memory card with bigger capacity, despite dashcam setups generally have the loop recording feature to rewrite the oldest files.
This is always related to the size of the material you need.
A smaller microSD unit will satisfy your needs in case you are only interested in videos of a possible accident.
Knowing that mid to higher class dual dashcam setups record both with the front and rear camera while in parking mode, you should always check if this is an option you require.
It certainly is one of the most preferred options when it comes to parking safety, as it provides the user with the possibility of viewing the complete surrounding of the vehicle.
Why Our Opinion Counts
You might be wondering what experience we have to make these picks.
Our team at EducatedDriver spends hours going over a variety of products to find the top options in a variety of categories.
In this case, we learned as much as we could about the available front and rear dash cams on the market.
We took the time to get some first-hand experience with enough products that we could begin to find our favorites.
From there, we took into account the reviews from third-party customers and looked at the manufacturing process that creates the front and rear dash cam.
By the end of our research, we came up with the above list.
Hopefully, it helps you to choose the right dash cam, front and rear, for your needs!
Learn More About Dash Cams
Didn’t quite find the perfect cam for you? Check our reviews: