A good dash cam will save you some money.
A GPS Dash Cam Combo will save your life. If you’re having doubts about which GPS dashcam fits your pocket and your car, we got you covered – we’ve done the research, we’ve compared the cheapest with the most expensive, and we’ve bumped a few cars along the way.
The following is the written testimony to that.
Let’s help you choose the best GPS dashcam combo in the market!
Table Of Contents
Check Out The Legality Of Dashcams In Your Country
Before you buy your camera you should check legality for video recording in your country.
The information you will find here is legit and useful.
What Is A GPS Dashcam Combo?
A GPS Dashcam Combo is a video camera installed on the dashboard of a car, the windshield or placed elsewhere on the vehicle.
Dashcams can capture footage while you’re driving.
It helps avoid accidents, car damages, taking traffic jam videos etc.
Usually, purpose-built ones have these preferences:
- They run on 12V DC ( the device can be hard-wired to the vehicle’s electrical system)
- Feature “always-on” recording ( the device will start recording whenever the vehicle is driving)
- Discard data ( the oldest recordings are overwritten when the memory card is full)
Some of the dashcams available come with GPS devices built-up and some don’t.
In this article, we selected the Top 5 GPS dash cams for you.
The wise solution is to find the one that’s easy to connect, easy to manage, and to have a good price.
Expensive models offer premium features, like GPS location tracking, G-force sensors, and infra-red night vision dash cams.
ome dash cams will also start recording if they detect an incident.
While others come with smart features.
In today’s’ market you can find dash cams with some of these advanced futures:
- Loop Recording
- Dash Camera Auto Start and Stop
- Infrared Lights
- Time and Date Stamp
Below we reviewed some of the top GPS dash cams for you.
Top 5 High Profiled GPS Dash Cam Combos
- Emergency sos: in the event of an incident where the driver is unresponsive, nextbase emergency sos
- Alexa compatible: the world's first 1440p dash cam with alexa built-in. you can use alexa to play
- Nextbase autosync: using blutetooth 4.2 low energy technology and wi-fi connectivity, your latest
- Mynextbase: play, edit and share your dash cam footage on pc or mac, using the newly developed play
- Intelligent parking mode: intelligent parking mode records any bump or physical movement on the vehicle
Here we have a camera from the renowned car accessories maker Nextbase.
It comes packed with a boatload of features such as 1440p video quality, a viewing angle of 140 degrees and on top of everything, Alexa is there to guide you all the way.
What more could you ask for?
Well, glad you asked because this dashcam, according to the maker, is the best dash cam with GPS of the Series 2 until now.
Now, there are some things we didn’t like, such as the lack of a MicroSD card, and the footage you get is not with the best quality out there.
But if you’re looking for a multipurpose, multi-featured GPS dashcam, you will definitely like this one.
Did we mention the option that allows you to share footage via Bluetooth and WIFI and the emergency service response option which notifies services if an accident occurs?
- Amazon Alexa built-in
- Great value for the money
- The footage isn’t class-leading
- No SD card included
Garmin Dash Cam 66W
- Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-degree field of view captures crisp 1440p footage and
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8gb micro sd card, class-10 or faster (
- Dash cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from upto four cameras on your smart
- Voice control (available for english, french, italian, spanish, german and swedish) allows you to ea
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the
- Red light camera and speed camera location alerts (not available in all areas) can be updated as oft
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. it is your responsibility to kno
Garmin Dashcam 66W in its small, cute console holds-up an unobtrusive camera and plenty of features.
The latest model 66W unit is the one to go for if you don’t mind the frame distortions on the edges of the footage.
The video quality of 1440p comes with a high resolution and the view angle lens of 180 degrees covers a huge area around your vehicle.
These features make it a good piece of gadget for the price.
The built-in GPS track system is also a valuable thing that the manufacturer included in the package.
But since the package doesn’t include a memory card, you will have to get the required 8GB MicroSD card, class 10.
- Compact design dash cam
- Lots of extra features
- Some lens distortion
- Voice control isn’t great
Garmin Dash Cam Tandem
- Pocket-size dash camera features two 180-degree field of view lenses that record in tandem to provid
- 1440p garmin clarity hdr records crisp video details; 720p interior-facing lens with night vision fe
- Features voice control and built-in gps to automatically capture where and when events occur, plus b
- Dash cam auto sync feature lets you control and play back synchronized video from up to 4 dash camer
- Includes charger with an extra usb port so drivers can power their phone or another device while on
- Parking mode lets drivers automatically record motion in front of and inside the vehicle when the ca
- Ready to use right out of the box with included microsd memory card
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. it is your responsibility to kno
Garmin’s first dual-lens dashcam allows you to view what’s going on inside and outside the car while driving day and night.
The front lens captures all important details in 1440p video quality.
The manufacturer created the night vision interior lens featuring their exclusive NightGlo™ technology.
The wide-open view angle of 180 degrees will capture every important detail.
Picture quality is generally excellent, especially from the front camera.
The rear camera still struggles a bit in a low-light.
But no worries, you can still see the passengers.
A picture-in-picture option allows you to view both camera footage’ at the same time.
Galileo – European Global Navigation Satellite System. is always available to assist you in every way through the Garmin Drive app (Android and iOS).
The dual USB charge port will save us some trouble with phone charging.
We all know the struggle with a low phone battery and no places to charge.
Footage display comes with a timestamp, the speed of the vehicle and its location.
When an accident occurs the camera will automatically save videos.
With built-in GPS you’ll always have proof of exactly when and where events occurred.
The disadvantages of this model are its app connectivity and the absence of the additional cable for motion recording when the vehicle is off.
Overall, this dashcam is a number one for many satisfied Garmin clients.
Yes, it’s a pricey thing, but a good option for whoever wants to keep an eye on their car, inside and out.
- Compact design
- Dual lens
- Low-quality night vision
- Garmin app isn’t the best
Viofo A129 Pro Duo
- Ultra hd real 4k dash camadopt top quality sony 8mp imx317 sensor, captures super clear view at ultr
- Upgraded super night vision & wdrcome with 8 megapixel image sensor, provide a much clearer image th
- Built-in wi-fi & gps2.4ghz & 5ghz dual-band wi-fi could transmit in two different standard frequency
- Buffered parking modebuffered parking mode will be able to record events leading up to an impact / m
- Premium functionsloop recording, emergency recording, motion detection, time lapse and so on. all yo
Viofo is, unfortunately, not one of the top brand names in the dashcam industry.
Yes, it comes with a valuable front and rear cam package, but what made it our choice is the Ultra HD 4K dual channel.
High qualified dash, which captures high-quality footage on the front camera with its 8MP IMF317 sensor and Sony IMX 219 sensor on the rear camera at the same time.
4K resolution in dash cam offers higher quality footage then regular HD.
The view angle of 140 degrees allows you to record events leading to an impact.
The car camera has the feature to record 15 seconds before the event and 30 seconds after.
Viofo A129 Pro Duo has built-in GPS and WIFI which makes the surveillance over the vehicle way easier.
The only disadvantage this gadget has is wire installation, which is not necessarily a huge problem.
But the ponderous front camera can look bulky to some people.
What more can this product have?
GPS logger allows you to see the current speed and location, time correction is also automatic, stable WIFI signal allows fast file transfer, the timestamp is a good feature too, loop recording, motion detection, emergency recording etc.
This dashcam should go under the logo ‘’You name it, we have it’.’
- Good price
- Footage is crisp
- Lots of trailing wires
- A ponderous front camera unit
WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam
- new updated 2021 model hd pro mark ii dash cam - - 2x super capacitors for maximum reliability in a
- newest sony sensor - the sony imx307 starvis sensor provides maximum video quality and superb night
- optional - dual 1080p cameras - add the rear view camera for a 1080p recording of everything happen
- perfect for dash camera for cars & trucks - 100% satisfaction guarantee - guaranteed support from u
- Includes 2 windshield mounts (suction cup + sticky mount), power adapter, mini usb cable. [sd card n
- Optional: rear camera which can be used to record what happens behind you. can also be configured to
Having any kind of unpleasant road issue is not the most favorite thing that could happen to us, but it’s part of our lives.
The only help you need in facing these issues is to get this piece of equipment.
It comes with an HD PRO dashcam with a 3-inch TFT display and 170 degrees wide-angle lens.
Can be easily installed on your windshield to be the witness you need. And has the lowest price in the market.
It goes with advanced electronics and storage capability and is suitable for both cars and trucks.
It features night vision, which is useful for truckers, night-shift workers, and anyone else who is (a nightwalker), or was it a driver (like Uber drivers and Lyft drivers)!?
Modern technologies are all about helping us track our whereabouts.
You wouldn’t want to miss having this piece of a hidden jewel in the treasury of ’’the best of the cheapest’’.
With its enabled GPS tracker, you can follow the video footage with GPS-derived location information to track your progress on a map.
The Ambarella A7La50 processor makes it easier for the device to process the flood of super HD 2k video which is currently the highest resolution on the market.
The only disadvantage is the lower footage quality when you enable G-sensor and if you change the camera from a car to a car, the cup mounts fall off easily.
- Cheapest market price
- High footage flood
- Low footage quality
- Suction cup mounts fall off easy
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GPS needed for dashcam?
Technically, a dash cam can operate without GPS.
General practice, however, shows that having a GPS built in your dashcam is a very useful and convenient thing.
The GPS can be either built-in or added as an external add-on to the dashcam.
Besides its obvious function, GPS can prove helpful in the event of an accident or when disputing speeding violations.
How accurate is dashcam speed?
Dashcam speed indicators are generally accurate and show the speed within a 1 to 2 mph error margin.
It is reported that your dashcam speed indicator is as accurate as your car speedometer, although the car speedometer tends to be more accurate at slower speeds while the GPS speed indicator is more precise at higher speeds.
Can a dash cam record all night?
It is generally possible for your dashcam to record throughout the night.
What you need to make sure, though, is that the storage of the recorded footage is taken care of.
Other than the standard recording mode, some dashcam systems offer a fast forward recording mode, where the camera records at 1 frame per second, as opposed to the standard 24 frames per second.
This makes recordings significantly smaller in terms of storage space.
What should I look for when buying a dashcam?
This depends on your preferences and expectations, but here are some general things to look for when buying a dashcam: good recording quality (daytime as well as nighttime), looping feature (which enables automatic recording over old footage), g-sensor (which detects potential collision footage and automatically saves it) and other perks (lane departure warnings, parking mode, etc.).
What We’ve Learned
Now… let’s sum-up the above.
When we talk about navigation on dashcams, there are two types of GPS.
One is to provide location data and the other is to give you on-screen help while driving.
A navigational GPS built-in dashcam is always a better choice than an add-on GPS.
Add-ons’ can be expensive and they take more space on the windshield.
Geo-fencing allows you to set a geographical boundary using the GPS of the dashcam.
You can use it to track when the car goes in or out of the area set on the map.
Always remember this… a dashcam with built-in GPS is always a better choice to buy!
Yes, maybe it costs more, but your life is priceless.
Consider looking into our other categories:
And our special picks for: