A dashcam also is known as a car digital video recorder or driving recorder is a windscreen-mounted, in-car camera recording everything in front and in a few occasions the rear of a driver.
Most dash cams include Parking Mode, which can record occurrences and act as an obstacle against robbery and harm while you’re absent from your vehicle.
In case you’re an Uber driver, a dashcam is a must.
That’s since things like car accidents are much more likely to happen when you’re driving for rideshare companies basically since of the increased sum of time you’re on the streets.
The 7 Best Dash Cams for Uber 2020:
- VanTrue N2 Pro Dash Cam (Best Overall Uber Dash Cam)
- BlackVue DR750S-2CH Dash Camera
- Pruveeo C2 Dash Cam
- GARMIN dash cam Mini
- GARMIN DASH CAM 66W
- Nextbase 422GW
Table Of Contents
Why Should Drivers Use an Uber Dash Cam?
Besides getting adequate ridesharing insurance, adding a dash camera for Uber can be one of the best protections a driver can add. Here’s why:
- If you get into an accident, dash cam footage can help in any potential insurance disputes
- If a rider complains about you to Uber, having dash cam footage (especially in-car footage with audio) can be very helpful in any dispute
- If you get pulled over and ticketed, dash cam footage could potentially get you out of the ticket if you were not at fault
- If a rider does something inappropriate or illegal while in your car, having video evidence can be invaluable to legal disputes or disputes with Uber itself
- In some cases, you may actually be able to earn additional revenue by selling your video footage to research firms.
A dash cam is not a big expense (see our cheap dash cam list), and it could potentially save you a ton of headache down the road. Both Uber and Lyft drivers should have a dash cam running at all times.
What is the Best Dash Cam for Uber Drivers?
When selecting the best Uber dash cam for your needs, you should consider cameras that have the following features:
- Dual recording dash cam (front exterior and interior of vehicle)
- In-car audio
- GPS capabilities (dash cam with GPS or with GPS add-in)
- Night vision dash cam
- Loop recording
- Low-key design
We’ve selected cams that offer all these features, and narrowed down the results by using a combination of customer reviews, our own experiences with the devices, and other factors (even the best dash cam on Reddit).
7 Best Dash Cam For Uber
1. VanTrue N2 Pro
- Three channel front inside rear dash camthe n4 is a triple channel dash cam which offers 155 front
- 4k & 1080p front and rear dual dash camwhen set to front and rear dual recording mode, the cam
- 4k & 1080p front and inside dual dash camyou can configure the settings to record either the front,
- Infrared night vision car camera for driverswith high-performance sony starvis cmos sensor, a big f1
- 24 hours parking modewith low bitrate recording parking mode, the dash cam will keeps recording
- Heat resistant with super capacitorthis camera is powered by a super capacitor built to survive
- Reliable witness for accidentvariable sensitivity g-sensor auto detects sudden shake/collision and
- 18m warrantythis camera comes with an extendable 18-month warranty, costumer support through email
The VanTrue N4 Pro is a great dash camera if not the best camera for Uber drivers because it checks all the boxes for desired features.
We were impressed with the recording quality, both in the daytime and nighttime settings.
Front Cam: 1440Pp @ 30FPS
Interior Cam: 1080P @ 30FPS
Rear Cam: 1080P @ 30FPS
Offering nearly every feature you may need from a dashcam, Vantrue N4 pro is a perfect the new N4 Dash Cam from Vanture is a tri-channel, Front Cam: 1440Pp/30FPS, Interior Cam: 1080P/30FPS and Rear Cam: 1080P/30FPS, two-unit set that monitors the front, rear, and interior of your vehicle while simultaneously recording audio making it the perfect choice for anyone looking to protect themselves from potential liability issues as well as accidents.
The interior camera has 4 infra-red LED lights that accurately capture all activity inside the cabin, even in complete darkness.
- 3 camera setup
- Full HD video on all cameras (if You are searching for a higher-res, check the 4k dash cameras)
- Motion detection with interior recording
- Sony STARVIS image sensors
- Good night vision
- No WiFi for remote connectivity
- GPS requires an extra module
- Front cam uses suction cup mount
2. BlackVue DR750S-2CH=
The BlackVue DR750S-2CH is a great choice for Uber drivers seeking to protect themselves from legal disputes. Its features are well worth the cost for drivers who are full-time. The frame rate is double the industry standard, which improves its ability to pick up detail like license plates. Keep in mind that this is actually two separate cameras, one designed for front-facing and one designed to be placed in your rear dash (but it can also be used to record passenger activity).
Both front and rear cameras feature Full HD Sony STARVIS™ image sensors for best image quality under any light. Also included are GPS logger, Wi-Fi, Cloud connectivity, impact, and motion detection. All this in a stealthy design (camera being the hidden dash cam) that never gets in the way of your driving.
- Great day and night video, both front and rear
- Wi-Fi connectivity, phone and PC apps
3. Pruveeo C2
- [three channel front inside rear] the c3 is a triple channel dash cam, it records the front, rear, a
- [4k + 1080p front and rear dual channel] it can also record front and rear at the same time with 4k
- [4k + 1080p front and inside dual channel] it can also record front and inside at the same time with
- [built-in gps, wi-fi & voice control] gps accurately records your driving location and speed. view
- [infrared night vision] with a high-performance cmos sensor, the c3 dash camera is able to increase
- [voice control & 1 year warranty] keep your hands on the wheel, and use voice commands to tell the
- The c3 dash cam comes with an original 64gb sd card in the packaging. the sd card should be formatted
The Pruveeo C2 is a good camera, but not necessarily the best Uber dashcam overall. Pruveeo C2 Dash Cam with Infrared Night Vision is a dual cam dashboard camera with a compact design and a 2,7 inch TFT LCD screen. The camera resolution is dual 1920x 1080p with a dual Sonny IMX323 and video compression of H.264.
The lack of GPS capabilities and the relatively low resolution of the rear-facing camera makes it not ideal for ridesharing drivers. With that said, it’s affordable and has good reviews, so it’s still a decent option.
- Adjustable resolution
- Dual camera with a wide 150 angle and 180 degrees rotation
- Has both night vision and infrared vision
- No GPS or WiFi
- Uses Battery
4. GARMIN DASHCAM Mini
- Tiny, reliable dash camera automatically records incidents
- Car key-sized dash camera goes virtually unnoticed on your windshield
- 140-degree wide-angle lens captures crisp 1080p hd footage
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8gb micro sd card, class-10 or faster
- Built-in wi-fi connectivity uploads saved footage to your compatible smartphone running the garmin
- Dash cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from up to four cameras on your
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. it is your responsibility to know
- Included components: garmin dash cam mini; low profile adhesive mount; vehicle power cable; long and
- Camera description: front
In case you’re trying to find the smallest dash cam possible, at that point you have searched the proper dashcam. The DashCam Mini truly is a little camera (thus being in a category of mini dash cameras), and ought to fit comfortably out of sight behind the rearview mirror of most vehicles.
Other than ‘really rather small’, there isn’t much more to say about the Mini’s design but its pure and high-quality video.
Hence, the main thing you should do if you buy one is to download the Garmin Drive app. The app sets your phone with the camera through Bluetooth, whenever you start your car’s engine, the camera will automatically power on and start recording to the micro SD card. To view those recordings, you’ll either need to remove the SD card and use a card reader to view the video files on your computer, or on the Garmin Drive app and view them through the app’s interface.
- Incredibly small profile
- Very good video
- Excellent motion stabilization
- G-sensor Incident Detection
- Improve WiFi file export speed
5. GARMIN DASHCAM 66W
- Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-degree field of view captures crisp 1440p footage and
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8gb micro sd card, class-10 or faster (
- Dash cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from upto four cameras on your smart
- Voice control (available for english, french, italian, spanish, german and swedish) allows you to ea
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the
- Red light camera and speed camera location alerts (not available in all areas) can be updated as oft
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. it is your responsibility to kno
An incredible venture for the cautious driver, the Garmin Dash Cam 66W captures clearly high-quality on-the-road footage in order to assist and avoid false claims and debate if by any chance an accident takes place.
The compact, discreet GPS-enabled Garmin Dash Cam 66W gives an extra-wide 180-degree field of see. It clearly captures vital subtle elements in high-quality 1440 HD video in all light conditions, in case an incident happens.
It moreover gives driver alarms, counting forward collision, lane departure, and a Go alert to improve driver awareness.
Because details matter, built-in GPS pinpoints when and where events occur, and plus it’s never been easier to view and share a video. Just use the Garmin Drive™ app on your compatible smartphone. It has Voice control that makes everything easier. Need something? Just ask.
Overall, The Garmin 66W is an excellent dashcam that is more compact than most, with good video quality, voice control, and convenient driver assistant features.
- Driver alerts look out for you.
- Receive alerts if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic
- Record 1440p HD video with an extra-wide 180-degree field of view.
- This camera’s got you covered with alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras
- Voice Control
- High Price
- Overheating Issue
- Night vision is not that good
- 4k uhd 30fps or 2k qhd 60fpscapture sharp detailed footage in 4k native uhd or switch to 2k qhd at 6
- 150-degree viewing angleuncompromised video coverage with the 150-degree viewing angle so you never
- Super night visionreduces noise and enhances image quality in low-light conditions
- Anti-file corruption technologyimproves the reliability of your think ware memory card by minimizing
- 1 year manufacturer quality assurance1 year quality assurance is only valid when purchased from an
- Thinkware cloud 2 0*thinkware cloud features include remote live view geo fencing parking impact not
The U1000 is Thinkware’s most current lead model that conveys sharp native 4K video quality and boasts a comprehensive driver assistance warning system in order to keep drivers secure on the roads.
A high-quality image processor captures crystal clear video in 4K UHD, the optional rearview camera captures video evidence of incidents that occur at the rear of the vehicle in 2K QHD. The video resolution can also be downgraded from 4K @30fps down to 2K @60fps for smoother videos and making license plate reading a breeze.
Front View Camera – 150º + Rear View Camera – 156º
Uncompromised video coverage with wide viewing angles, so you never miss a moment by any chance.
In the event of a crash, the alert feature can help the driver to notify others of an emergency situation when the driver is not in the condition to do so. Also, you can receive an alert when a strong impact is detected during the parking Surveillance mode.
- 4K UHD front recording
- 2K QHD rear recording
- Real-time vehicle tracking via Cloud
- Geo-fencing and alerts
- Driving & Parking Impact Notification
- Large 4K footage files require a larger capacity memory card
7. NEXTBASE 422GW
- Emergency sos: in the event of an incident where the driver is unresponsive, nextbase emergency sos
- Alexa compatible: the world's first 1440p dash cam with alexa built-in. you can use alexa to play
- Nextbase autosync: using blutetooth 4.2 low energy technology and wi-fi connectivity, your latest
- Mynextbase: play, edit and share your dash cam footage on pc or mac, using the newly developed playb
- Intelligent parking mode: intelligent parking mode records any bump or physical movement on the vehicle
Take the Alexa we all know and cherish it on the streets with the Nextbase 422GW Dash Cam.
Utilize all the highlights you like from Alexa on the move from playing music, find parking, control smart home appliances, and more all while you are on the road.
The Nextbase 422GW Dash Cam records in stunning 1440p HD to provide excellent image quality with an improved F1.3 lens for instant video evidence.
It uses a vastly upgraded 2.5” HD IPS panel screen with a brand new touch screen selection for the easiest menu selection.
The 422GW’s 140-degree field-of-view front camera is capable of capturing 1440p video at 30 frames per second, as well as 1080p at both 60 fps and 30 fps.
All three rear camera modules capture at 720p.
In the event of an incident where the driver is unresponsive, Nextbase Emergency SOS can alert the emergency services of your location and other details and you can easily share your videos from your dashcam to your smartphone.
- Excellent front/rear captures and videos
- Rearview cam is without cables
- Alexa voice command
- High in price when buying with the rear camera
- You can get the same footage quality for less money
- With the mount attached, it’s larger than rivaling dash cams
REASONS TO OWN A DASH CAM
Record your accident
Drivers regularly have totally diverse recollections and portrayals of an accident.
With video proof that you simply weren’t the driver responsible for a car crash, you’ll be able to spare yourself from being found at fault by a car insurance company, and receiving higher auto insurance rates that go with that finding.
Help with insurance fraud
In the event that you’ve got a feeling the accident you were in, or just seen, may have been a “crash for cash,” turn over your dash cam footage to the insurance companies included, or to the state insurance fraud unit, to examine.
Dodge a ticket
In case you’re stopped for a traffic violation you didn’t commit, offer your dashcam footage to the law enforcement officer before the ticket is written.
If the officer won’t watch it, bring the footage to court to challenge the ticket.
Capture unexpected event
You will not catch something as astounding as meteors pouring down like Russian dash cam owners captured some years back, however, you will capture a deer dashing out in the street causing your accident, a rock slide that damages your car or neighbor’s tree that falls on your car during a storm.
IS IT LEGAL TO RECORD WHILE DRIVING WITH UBER?
If you are camera shy, I think you are out of luck on this one.
There is no doubt we are entitled to some expectations of privacy; however, this is a public place (just like on a subway or public bus).
The driver is not recording YOU.
The driver is in fact recording a space.
The fact that you move into that space does not entitle you to change that space or the fact that it is being recorded.
You entering that space willingly infers consent, particularly if the camera is clearly visible or signs clearly announce the video/audio recording of the space.
The purpose of the recording is to document the space as to who entered it, what they did and what happened to them as a result.
You have the right to not be recorded and can stop that at any time by leaving the space (canceling the ride and getting out of the car).
It is kind of like a surveillance at the back door of a building.
If you walk by on the sidewalk into the field of vision of the camera, do you have the right to tell the owner of the building to turn off the camera because you don’t want to be recorded?
I don’t think so.
The purpose of the documenting video is to show the fact that you were there…
However, Uber says, yes you can record video agreed to this in the terms and conditions.
Uber also says you can record audio as long as you are within the state law you are in, and you might or may have to disclose or even get consent from all parties, so it is best that you check with the state law in order to see if this applies to you.
Can I Use a Dash Cam When Driving for Uber?
Yes. Uber formally allows their driver partners to use a dash cam/in-cab video camera to record activity.
This statement is clearly listed on Uber’s website, so you don’t need to worry about getting in trouble with them.
With that said, some local laws may require you to disclose to your riders that they are being recorded.
You’ll want to check local regulations to see if this is necessary.
It may be wise to just do this anyways, but that’s up to you.
If you didn’t find the best Uber dash cam for you, we reviewed other categories:
- Heat resistant dash camera
- Best capacitor dashboard cam
- List of top truckers dash cams
- Motorcycle dash cams
And don’t forget to pick up a good SD card for dash cam!