Uber Eats is one of the most popular online food delivery services.
It is so simple to order your food and wait for it to arrive while tracking it on the app.
As we all know, with simplicity comes problems.
You might pick the wrong food or restaurant or change your mind and want to cancel an Uber Eats order.
Luckily, most of the time, you are eligible for a refund.
However, there are some things to be aware of before you cancel Uber Eats orders.
Detailed Tutorial: How to cancel an order on Uber Eats
Table Of Contents
Canceling an Uber Eats Order
Your money is precious. Why waste it?
If you need to cancel an Uber Eats order, you need to know a few things first.
There is no specific cancellation charge; however, there might be other additional fees.
The process is simple and easy when you use the app.
The app is user-friendly, and Uber Eats policies clearly outline what you need to know about canceling your order.
Reasons to Cancel Uber Eats Orders
I get it. You’re human.
There are plenty of solid reasons for canceling.
Sometimes you need to cancel an order, and it would be nice to get a refund.
It might seem embarrassing; it does to me anyway.
But there are legitimate reasons why you might need to cancel, and even Uber understands.
Here are some typical reasons why people cancel Uber Eats orders.
1. Order Took Too Long
Typically, orders take no longer than one hour.
Most orders are much faster.
If the restaurant alerts you that the order is not ready, select the “Order Not Ready” option.
You receive the following message, “Thanks for letting us know. If you waited too long, you can cancel the order.”
This function alerts drivers, and the app notifies Uber.
You decide if you want to cancel the order.
Check the estimated delivery time for more information.
2. No Drivers Picked Up the Food
If there are no drivers available in your area, the order you place does not go through.
This issue is common in places with minimal Uber Eats drivers.
Sometimes late at night, there is a tight window between orders for drivers.
Depending on their years of experience, they might be used to the pressure of multiple deliveries or not.
The app notifies you to try again in a few minutes.
3. Restaurant Cancelled
A restaurant could cancel your order because it has limited items.
Restaurants also cancel orders if they cannot meet specific dietary restrictions.
There might even be an issue with the preparation process.
Once you receive notification, cancel the order and try again in a few minutes or try another restaurant.
What is Uber Eats’ Cancellation Policy?
The Uber Eats cancellation policy depends on the order.
Here is a quick summary of what to expect though:
- If you cancel before the restaurant accepts, you receive a refund.
- If you cancel after the restaurant accepts, you receive a partial refund.
- If you cancel before the driver picks up the food, you receive a partial refund.
- If the order is only partially refunded, delivery charges still apply.
Do You Get Charged for Cancelling an Uber Eats Order?
There is no specific Uber cancellation fee, but fees could apply depending on why you asked for a refund.
Select the “Upcoming Orders” tab to see what orders are in the works and select specific orders you want to be refunded.
How to Cancel an Uber Eats Order
You can cancel your order directly on the app or on the desktop version by following these simple steps.
Cancelling on the Uber Eats App
- Open the Uber Eats app on your device.
- Choose Orders at the bottom of the Uber Eats menu.
- Click Upcoming to view the orders list in progress.
- Find the exact order you hope to cancel and click Cancel Order.
- A message confirming your cancellation will appear. Click on Cancel Order.
Cancelling Through a Desktop
- Go to the Uber Eats website on your home screen.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon or the gray outline on the Uber app of a person.
- A menu will pop up; select “Orders.”
- Find and select the “Cancel Order” option.
How to Cancel an Uber Eats Pass
The Uber Eats Pass requires a monthly subscription.
The perks include zero delivery charges and 5% off orders of more than $15.
Carefully read the fine print though: only some restaurants are available for delivery through Uber Eats Pass.
If you’re no longer interested in having an Uber Eats Pass, you can follow the following steps on your app or desktop.
Cancelling Uber Eats Pass on App and Desktop
Cancelling your Uber Eats Pass subscription is very simple, and only takes a handful of steps.
- Open your Uber Eats App.
- Open your account by tapping the profile icon on the bottom menu bar.
- Select “Eats Pass” to access the Eats Pass hub.
- Once you’ve entered the hub, you’ll want to scroll until you locate the “Auto-Renew” toggle and then switch it to “off”.
- Soon after, you’ll see a pop-up appear that will ask if you would like to turn off the auto-renew feature. Tap “Turn Off” for confirmation of your cancellation.
The current period of your Uber Eats Pass will remain active, and you can still access all benefits until your current billing cycle has ended.
Please note that you must cancel your Uber Eats Pass at least 24 hours before the renewal of your next billing cycle.
If you don’t you will be charged for the new billing period.
Getting a Refund
As long as you follow the guidelines within the cancellation policy properly, you submit a complaint to receive a refund.
There are partial and full refunds.
Often the delivery charge is not refunded.
What Type of Refund to Expect
Depending on the situation, people can receive either full or partial refunds.
The claim must be reviewed and accepted before you receive a refund.
Uploading photos and providing proof can speed up the refund process.
- Missing Items: If an item is missing, the customer receives a refund equal to the sales price of that item at the time of the order.
- Wrong Order: If the entire order is missing or incorrect, the customer receives a full refund, including the delivery fee.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling
- Open the Uber Eats app on your smartphone.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to “Orders” and select the order you want to be refunded.
- Provide all the details regarding why you issued a request for a refund.
- Include a detailed explanation and upload photos of receipts or food.
Who Pays for Uber Eats Refunds?
Uber pays for refunds.
If there are missing items or an order is not correct, the customer receives a refund from Uber.
This is an order error adjustment, with the refund deducted from restaurant payouts.
Reasons for Order Error Adjustments
If customers do not receive the proper order, are missing the full order, or they received someone else’s order, these would be reasons why an order would need to be adjusted.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have some questions about Uber Eats and getting a refund, we have answers.
Do Uber Eats Drivers Make Multiple Stops?
When it comes to Uber multiple stops, the topic is touchy.
Uber Eats’ drivers are supposed to do as scheduled after accepting an order.
Their stops depend on the algorithm of where the restaurants are and where the customers live.
If they are supposed to make multiple stops, they usually do.
It is unfortunate when the second order is much farther away, as this could result in a longer wait and potentially cold food.
Will Uber Eats Refund Cold Food?
As an Uber Eats customer, you always have the choice to submit a request for a refund if you are unhappy with the quality of your food.
Contact Uber Eats customer service within 48 hours and provide a detailed explanation of what happened for the service to process your complaint.
How Do I Contact Uber Eats Customer Service?
– Open the Uber Eats app on your smart device.
– Find the “Help with an Order” option.
– Click on the issue you are experiencing.
– Fill out the necessary details.
It is quite simple to cancel an order on Uber Eats or the Uber Eats Pass and get a refund.
The app is very user-friendly.
Follow a few quick steps and submit a request for a refund describing why you are not happy with your order.
Uber Eats stands behind its policy, and as long as you contact the service with a reasonable complaint, you should get a partial or full refund.