Understanding how to delete an Uber driver account is crucial when you decide to move on from the gig-based job; our guide below simplifies this potentially confusing process, showing you how to do it, step-by-step.
Use the Uber Driver app or the account deletion link on Uber’s website to initiate the process.
In the app, go to Menu > Help > Account Settings > Delete your account.
If password is forgotten, use the “Forgotten Password” feature via app or website before deletion.
Post-deletion, Uber keeps data for a legally required period (often 7 years) before permanent removal.
- How to Delete an Uber Driver Account Using the Uber Driver App
- How to Delete an Uber Driver Account via Website:
- How To Delete an Uber Driver Account Without a Password
- Questions About How To Delete an Uber Driver Account
- Troubleshooting: Why Can’t I Delete My Uber Account?
How to Delete an Uber Driver Account Using the Uber Driver App
- Open App: Launch the Uber Driver app on your device.
- Menu: Tap on the three-line menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Help Section: Select “Help” at the bottom of the menu.
- Account Settings: Choose “Account and Payment” from the help topics.
- Change Settings: Tap on “Changing account settings.”
- Deletion Option: Select “I want to delete my account.”
- Answer Questions: Indicate “Yes” or “No” to whether you wish to delete your rider account along with your driver account.
- Reason for Deletion: Toggle the appropriate switch for your reason for leaving and provide an explanation if you select “Other.”
- Submit: Once all details are confirmed, tap “Submit” and, if prompted, re-enter your password to finalize the deletion.
How to Delete an Uber Driver Account via Website:
- Visit Help Page: Go to the Uber help page designated for account deletion and sign in.
- Fill Out Form: Respond to the prompts with “Yes” or “No” regarding whether you wish to delete your driver account, rider account, or both.
- Confirmation: After answering all questions and typing your email in the required field, click or tap “Submit.”
- Email Confirmation: You will receive an email to confirm your request for account deletion or deactivation. Re-enter your password if prompted to confirm the action.
How To Delete an Uber Driver Account Without a Password
If you’ve forgotten your password and wish to delete your Uber account, first reset your password via the app by selecting “Forgotten Password” or through the website using your phone or email.
Verification through your registered email or phone is required for security purposes. If you lack access to both, reach out to Uber support for assistance.
Questions About How To Delete an Uber Driver Account
Just learning about the process may not have given you the whole picture here, so if you still have questions, don’t worry! We likely have the answers you need.
How Long Does It Take To Delete an Uber Driver Account?
Deactivating an Uber driver account is quick, typically taking a few minutes to half an hour, depending on internet speed and verification processes.
However, Uber’s permanent deletion of the account from their servers is bound by local legal requirements and generally takes up to seven years.
Are Uber Driver Accounts Deleted Permanently?
Uber driver accounts are deleted permanently only after meeting the specific legal retention requirements, which typically extend to seven years. The duration varies by region, so contacting Uber support can provide exact timeframes.
Once permanently deleted, the account cannot be reactivated or recovered, although you may be able to create a new profile.
Can You Delete an Uber Driver Account If You’ve Been Deactivated?
If your Uber driver account has been deactivated for violations or due to low ratings, you cannot delete it to remove these records. Once deactivated, the account is tied to your identity, and you won’t be able to sign up anew with the same credentials. The appropriate step is to consider different employment opportunities.
Can I Delete My Uber Driver Account and Make a New One?
Yes, you can delete your Uber driver account and create a new one. However, success depends on your reasons for doing so.
Deleting your account to solve technical issues should pose no problems. Yet, if you’re aiming to escape negative repercussions from your driving history, such as safety violations or low ratings, reapplying might not be successful.
Uber’s background checks could uncover your previous association with the company, particularly if you were suspended for safety breaches. If poor ratings are your concern, you might be able to start fresh, but this is not guaranteed.
Troubleshooting: Why Can’t I Delete My Uber Account?
If you find yourself unable to complete the account deletion process, there is likely a significant issue with your account that will require personally walking through the issue with customer service. In these cases, your best option is to reach out to the company’s customer support.
The most likely problem here is trouble with obtaining the verification code Uber is sending you. If you sent the code to your email, make sure you have checked your junk or spam folder before reaching out to customer support.
If you use an email software with an “All Mail” functionality that allows you to view your messages outside their folders, checking that can be especially useful here.