Did you know that you can delete payment method on DoorDash?
This handy guide will show you how to do just that in under three minutes.
Whether you’re switching to a new payment method or simply want to remove your information from the system, this tutorial will walk you through the steps necessary.
So what are you waiting for? Start deleting!
Table Of Contents
How DoorDash Payments Work for Customers
DoorDash makes it easy to order from your favorite local restaurants inside the app.
Part of how the service offers this convenience is by saving and automatically applying different payment methods in the app.
Before ordering on the DoorDash app, it asks for a payment method.
You must add in one or more preferred methods.
Then, when you check out, the app asks which of your saved payment methods you would like to use.
Simply choose which one you would like to use, and the app applies the payment method to the order and processes the transaction for you.
You don’t have to worry about exchanging money when the food arrives.
You can even tip the restaurant and the driver inside the app, so even that part of the delivery can be skipped over when the driver arrives.
DoorDash charges a delivery fee for orders, but that fee covers the actual delivery, as well as all of the automation offered by the DoorDash app.
What Payment Methods Does DoorDash Accept?
To make the platform as accessible as possible, DoorDash allows customers to pay with various payment methods.
Cash (in Some Circumstances)
Some customers request a “Cash on Delivery” payment option, which only works on certain orders.
Rather than using a saved payment method, the customer pays the driver with cash when they deliver the order.
You’ll still pay the delivery fees to the driver alongside the total cost of your order.
Just ensure you are home and available when the Dasher comes to your house, so they don’t have to wait long for the payment.
Read More: Does DoorDash take cash?
Credit or Debit Card
If you have a credit or debit card saved on the DoorDash app, you can apply it to your order.
When you do so, DoorDash charges the associated card for the cost of the order upon completion.
You can add, remove, and change credit card and debit card information as needed from the mobile app.
Google or Apple Pay
DoorDash also accepts both Google and Apple Pay when you complete your order.
Using one of these payment methods will allow DoorDash to charge either of these services for the cost of the order, using any account balance or pay methods associated with Google or Apple.
Much like Google Pay and Apple Pay, you can use PayPal to handle the costs of your food orders on DoorDash.
Any payment methods or bank accounts associated with PayPal will be used for the payments, depending on your preferences in your PayPal settings.
DoorDash offers gift cards for its platform, allowing you to receive DoorDash credit as a gift.
Or, you can pick up DoorDash gift cards to keep from having to assign a payment method for a one-time order off DoorDash.
How to Add a Payment Method on DoorDash
If you want to add a payment method to the DoorDash mobile app, you can follow these steps:
- Open up the DoorDash app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Go to the Payments or Payment Methods option and choose Add Payment Method.
- Select the payment method you want to add.
- Add your credit card information, including the associated name, address, and CVV of the credit card, if adding it in.
- Select the Add Card/Payment Method option to add the credit card to your DoorDash account.
You can also add a payment method to your account on the desktop site.
Here’s how to do so:
- Open the official DoorDash website and click on the top-left menu icon on the webpage.
- Click on the Payment option from the drop-down menu.
- Find the payment method you want to add and click Add.
- Enter the information requested by DoorDash for the payment method.
- Select Add or Finish when you have all the info entered.
How to Delete a Payment Method on DoorDash
If you want to remove a payment method, you can do so from the mobile app without contacting customer support.
Here’s how to do that:
- Go to your Payments section in the mobile app’s menu.
- Find the payment method you want to delete.
- Tap on the payment method and drag across it towards the left.
- When the trash can icon shows up, tap it to remove the payment method.
You can also remove the payment method from the desktop website in a similar way:
- Go to the official DoorDash website and open up the menu from the top-left icon.
- Select the Payments option.
- Click on the three-dot icon next to the payment method you want to remove.
- Select the Remove option and confirm the deletion.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about DoorDash payments, we have the answers for you.
Below are our responses to common inquiries.
How Do I Delete My DoorDash Account?
To delete your DoorDash account, you’ll have to email DoorDash support to start the process.
As part of the email, you’ll have to give your account name.
You can also include a reason for the deactivation.
DoorDash usually responds after a few days with the request processed.
How Can I Reach Out to DoorDash Support?
DoorDash has multiple ways to reach out to them on their customer support webpage.
Choose whether email or a phone call best suits your needs, and follow the steps listed on their support page to reach out.
The webpage also has links to various FAQs about using DoorDash.
These resources can be a quick way to get common or basic questions answered without waiting for a response from DoorDash support.
Deleting a payment method off of DoorDash doesn’t require contacting customer service.
Going into the app or website will allow most users to remove a payment method with just a few clicks.
The option is buried inside a menu, though, so you have to know where to navigate to remove a payment method.