Food Delivery is a popular app that many customers and Dashers rely on.
Unfortunately, the DoorDash app crashes sometimes, which is very frustrating for both parties.
In this article, we’ll cover the main reasons behind this American food delivery platform’s app crashes, how to check for app issues, and how to prevent it from crashing.
Here’s a full IOS & Android app crash troubleshooting guide for the DoorDash food delivery app.
Why Does the DoorDash App Keep Crashing?
There are several reasons why the DoorDash app may crash, including:
- Glitches caused by a coding error or a bug in the online food delivery app.
- Problems with the app due to outdated software, compatibility issues, corrupt files, or system outage.
- Lack of bandwidth on your phone when you’re running too many apps at once, or your phone doesn’t have enough space for the data required for DoorDash to run.
- Internet issues when you’re in an area with a poor internet signal or unstable connectivity.
How to Check if the DoorDash App Crashed
If you suspect that the DoorDash app has crashed, you can confirm this by following these steps:
- Check if the app is responding to your touch.
- Check if you can access other apps on your phone.
- Check if you have a stable internet connection.
If the DoorDash app isn’t responding but you can access other apps or go online, the mobile app has probably crashed.
What to Do When the DoorDash App Crashes
If this online food delivery app crashes, wait a minute or two to see if it restarts on its own. If not, reach out to DoorDash support for help.
You can also try resetting your device to clear up any temporary bugs.
The last step is to delete the app entirely and redownload it for a fresh install through Google Play Store or App Store.
What to Do if the DoorDash App Crashes During Delivery
If the DoorDash app crashes during a delivery, follow these steps:
- Contact the customer and let them know what’s happening.
- Contact DoorDash’s customer support to resolve the problem. It’s best to take a screenshot of the error message or issue. This can help their customer support identify the app issue and provide assistance.
How to Prevent This
To prevent the DoorDash app from crashing, make sure your phone’s software is up to date.
Then, check whether you’re running the latest version of the Door Dash app.
Updates often come with bug fixes that prevent app crashes, so make sure to keep an eye out for those too.
How Do You Know if Your DoorDash is Deactivated?
If your DoorDash account is deactivated, you’ll receive a notification in the Dasher app and/or your email.
This notification will explain why your account was deactivated, preventing you from accessing the DoorDash app or making deliveries.
If you haven’t received any app notifications or emails, your account isn’t deactivated. That’s when you should contact the Dash app customer support for assistance.
DoorDash app crashes can be frustrating, especially if they happen during delivery.
However, by taking real action through the steps outlined in this guide or their troubleshooting guide, you can minimize app freezing issues and prevent DoorDash from crashing.