For sons, daughters, and caretakers alike, the GoGoGrandparent app is a revolutionary new way to take care of their elderly people’s transportation needs.
In a nutshell, this app is a way for the elderly to use Uber and Lyft’s services without the hassle and learning curve of how to use them. With just a call, relatives can use the GoGoGrandparent app to call a ride to pick up their grandparents!
GoGoGrandparent App: Making It Work
To put it simply, the GoGoGrandparent app works by calling a hotline and booking a ride from there. Just follow the operator’s guidelines and registered users can choose a location for pickup.
It works with these two simple steps:
1. Call the hotline
Registered users just need to call the hotline 1-(855)-464-6872. Once the user hears the phrase “thanks for calling GoGoGrandparent,” then proceed to the next step.
2. Choose pickup location
- If the pickup location is the registered home address, press 1.
- Press 2 if the pickup location is the place the user was last dropped off.
- If the user wants to choose a custom pickup location, press 3, 4, or 5.
- Press 0 if the user wants to talk to an operator.
After requesting for a ride, the user needs to stay on the line to hear the vehicle information, including the time the driver will arrive, the car’s make and model, the color of the car, and the driver’s name. There’s also an option to contact the driver by pressing 3.
GoGoGrandparent App Features
— Atelier BNP Paribas (@atelier_us) October 14, 2016
The GoGoGrandparent app offers several features including:
- Custom Pickups: By simply pressing 3, 4 or 5, users can also choose a custom pickup. This is particularly useful if there are emergencies where one needs to pick up an older relative/loved one.
- Scheduled Rides: Users can also set up automatic or scheduled rides for their older relatives. This helps with appointments like regular doctor check-ups.
- 24/7 Support: The GoGoGrandparent app also offers 24/7 operator assistance, allowing users to book rides for their loved ones any time of the day.
- Ride and Monitoring Updates: Users who booked the ride will get updates by the minute about the ride. Users can also ask questions via SMS using GoGoGrandchild. The app is also building features such as getting a custom grocery list and setting up touch tone for meal menus.
GoGoGrandparent App Availability And Pricing
Residents of the United States and Canada can use the GoGoGrandparent App, and it’s available in many cities around the nation.
There’s still not a whole lot of details available on the service, as it’s still pretty new and not quite established. In addition, it’s a classic middle man, meaning clients pay $0.19 per minute on top of the Uber or Lyft’s cost, in addition to a $1.80 “concierege fee”.
You can check the pricing for your city by visiting their billing page here. Just enter your zip code into the box that pops up and you’ll instantly get a price estimate.
How to Register
Users can create an account by going to the GoGoGrandparent registration page. From there, users have to enter basic information such as home address, phone number, and name. Information such as health details can also be provided to let the app know about main user’s impairments.
After the basic information, users need to enter family contact information. This information will be used by the person who will be managing the ride requests. After this, users need to input their billing information. That’s it!
Watch this video from SmarterSanDiego to know more about the GoGoGrandparent app:
Elderly clients unaccustomed to using smartphones or who can no longer drive will find the GoGoGrandparent app incredibly convenient. It’s a tool that will help elderlies go where they need to go and not have limited mobility due to their lack of tech savviness.
Moreover, for people worrying about the safety of their older relatives, this app will give them peace of mind for the duration of the commute.
What do you think of the GoGoGrandparent app? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!