I’m a new mom, and going grocery shopping with my 6-month-old baby can feel like a daunting task.
But our family has to eat, so I had to figure out a way to keep our kitchen stocked.
That’s how I found Instacart – an easy, user-friendly app that allows me to pay someone else to go grocery shopping for me and drop the bags off at my door.
And with the large selection of eligible stores, I was even able to get Instacart delivery from my regular grocery store, Publix.
I know, Instacart Publix delivery sounds too good to be true.
But I promise it’s easy, and you can get started in just a few minutes!
Table Of Contents
- Does Instacart Have Publix Delivery?
- How Does Instacart Publix Delivery Work?
- What Can You Have Delivered With Publix Instacart?
- Does Publix Offer Same-Day Delivery in Instacart?
- How Much Does Publix Instacart Delivery Cost?
- Are Publix Prices Higher on Instacart?
- Do You Tip Instacart Publix Delivery?
- How To Order Publix Instacart Delivery
- Wrapping Up
Does Instacart Have Publix Delivery?
Yes! Publix is one of many stores that partner with Instacart.
This is similar to that of the Costco Instacart, one of the most popular stores on the entire app.
How Does Instacart Publix Delivery Work?
Publix joined a new and unique partnership with Instacart this spring to offer faster-than-normal delivery in the Miami area.
They are the first grocery store to work with Instacart and offer 15-minute delivery from the delivery company’s Carrot Warehouses.
But if you’re not in the Miami area, Instacart Publix delivery works the same as any other Instacart delivery.
Simply log into the Instacart app, build your grocery list, and a shopper will go to the store for you and drop your groceries off at your door.
What Can You Have Delivered With Publix Instacart?
You can get just about anything delivered with Publix Instacart.
The company’s Carrot Warehouses aren’t limited – you can order just about anything you would from a standard store, including fresh produce, dairy, and meat.
And if you’re doing the standard Instacart delivery, you can order pretty much anything available in the store.
If your shopper gets to the store and an item you selected is out of stock, they’ll reach out to you and either find you a comparable replacement item or simply refund you for that item.
Does Publix Instacart Deliver Alcohol?
Yes and no.
Instacart has policies in place to determine whether or not your purchase is eligible for alcohol delivery.
Some of the general policies include:
- You must be 21 or over to order alcohol, and you’ll have to show ID upon delivery.
- Your ID should be scannable, though shoppers in some stays may be able to enter your ID information manually.
- Alcohol can never be delivered to retail businesses or college campuses.
- Shoppers can’t deliver alcohol to anyone who is visibly intoxicated.
- Alcohol can’t be left unattended, so someone aged 21 or older must be available to meet the shopper at the door and show ID.
According to Publix’s website, “liquor delivery cannot be combined with grocery delivery.”
Does Publix Offer Same-Day Delivery in Instacart?
Thanks to Publix’s new partnership with Instacart’s Carrot Warehouses, users in Miami may be eligible for delivery in 15 minutes or less.
Users outside of Miami can expect more standard delivery times, usually within an hour.
You’ll also have the option to schedule a delivery time if you need it to arrive later than the estimated delivery window.
How Much Does Publix Instacart Delivery Cost?
That depends on a variety of things.
First, and most obvious, is the cost of the groceries themselves.
You’ll pay full price for most items, though Publix does allow Instacart shoppers to take advantage of most buy-one-get-one deals.
You can’t use printed or digital coupons on Publix Instacart orders, and not all weekly ad promotions or in-store deals will apply to Instacart orders.
Service Fees for Publix Instacart Deliveries
All Instacart orders include a service fee.
These fees cover a variety of business operating costs, including shopper insurance, background checks, and customer support.
Service fees are not tips, and the shoppers don’t get any of the money taken for this fee.
The amount varies and is subject to change based on your location and what you order.
Alcohol orders have a separate service fee to cover the extra costs associated with legal alcohol delivery and ID verification.
You will not pay a service fee for pickup orders, and Instacart+ members pay a discounted service fee.
Delivery Fees for Publix Instacart Deliveries
Another fee associated with all Instacart orders is the delivery fee, which starts at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35.
However, they vary depending on the delivery speed, store you’re ordering from, and the final cost of your cart.
Instacart+ members get free delivery on orders over $35.
Whatever your delivery fee ends up being, Instacart will disclose them at checkout.
Are Publix Prices Higher on Instacart?
Short answer: Yes.
Why Are Publix Prices Higher on Instacart?
Publix increases its prices for Instacart shoppers to cover the costs of partnering with Instacart.
According to Publix, they do not make a profit on this increase.
All of the money goes toward Instacart’s partnership with Publix.
Publix Instacart Markup Percentage
Publix and Instacart do not seem to disclose the exact markup percentage online, and it most likely varies.
But according to some Instacart shoppers, you could end up paying about 15 to 20 percent more for items through Instacart than in-store.
Do You Tip Instacart Publix Delivery?
That’s up to you.
Tipping is optional, but 100 percent of the tip goes directly to your shopper.
How Much Do You Tip Instacart Shoppers?
Instacart sets the default tip at 5 percent or whatever you tipped on your previous order, whichever amount is higher.
The company suggests tipping at least $2 per delivery, but it’s up to you.
You can change your tip at checkout and have 14 days after delivery to increase it.
You also have 2 hours after delivery to reduce your tip.
How To Order Publix Instacart Delivery
Ordering a Public Instacart delivery is simple.
- Visit instacart.com or download the mobile app (through Apple or Google).
- Create a free account. It’s easy – enter your email and a password, then provide your zip code so Instacart can figure out which local stores offer delivery to you.
- Choose which store you’d like to order from.
- Peruse the store’s available items – you can browse by department or search for specific items – and fill your cart (You need to have at least $10 in your cart to qualify for delivery). If the store’s stock is low, you will be prompted to select a preferred replacement in case the shopper can’t find your original selection.
- Don’t forget to check the store’s coupon section and see if any apply to your order.
- Add any special instructions for your shopper.
- Go to checkout and select your delivery time and type, including an option to leave the groceries at the door instead of knocking or picking up your groceries yourself.
- Enter your payment information and set your shopper’s tip.
- Relax and wait for your groceries in the comfort of your home!
How To Tip Your Publix Instacart Shopper
Tipping is easy on Instacart.
The tip will default to 5 percent of your total, at least $2.
There is an option to change the tip if you’d like, and you can edit the tip after delivery as well.
You’ll have 14 days after delivery to increase the tip, or 2 hours after delivery to reduce the tip.
Instacart is a user-friendly way to get groceries without a trip to the store.
It’s great for anyone who doesn’t have the time to run to the store, doesn’t want to juggle a trip to the store with little kids, or even just anyone who isn’t in the mood to leave the house but needs to stock the fridge.
If you have any questions about Publix delivery through Instacart, or even just about Instacart in general, please feel free to ask them in the comments.
Good luck, and happy shopping!