Instacart is an easy, user-friendly app that allows users to pay someone else to go grocery shopping for them and drop the bags off at their door.
And with the large selection of eligible stores, they are even able to get Instacart delivery from a very well-known grocery store, Publix.
Given the convenience, one might wonder if Instacart Publix delivery is too good to be true.
Instacart & Publix
Instacart offers delivery from Publix, a major grocery store, similar to its service with Costco.
In Miami, Publix and Instacart provide a fast 15-minute delivery option. Elsewhere, it’s the standard process: order, and a shopper delivers your groceries.
Product Range & Alcohol
Almost all items in Publix are available for delivery. Alcohol delivery has specific policies and can’t be mixed with regular grocery delivery.
Cost & Fees
Prices on Instacart may be higher due to collaboration costs. There are also service fees and delivery fees, with potential discounts for Instacart+ members.
- Does Instacart Have Publix Delivery?
- How Does Instacart Publix Delivery Work?
- What Can You Have Delivered With Publix Instacart?
- Does Publix Offer Same-Day Delivery in Instacart?
- How Much Does Publix Instacart Delivery Cost?
- Are Publix Prices Higher on Instacart?
- Do You Tip Instacart Publix Delivery?
- How To Order Publix Instacart Delivery
- Wrapping Up
Does Instacart Have Publix Delivery?
Yes! Publix is one of many stores that partner with Instacart. This is similar to that of the Costco Instacart, one of the most popular stores on the entire app.
Instacart has been expanding its services and has recently introduced “Publix Quick Picks” for even faster grocery deliveries. They’ve also launched the “Priority Delivery” service, starting in 300 stores and expanding to almost 1,200 Publix stores across seven states.
How Does Instacart Publix Delivery Work?
This spring, Publix and Instacart announced a unique collaboration to provide rapid delivery for the Miami area. It’s an innovation that sees Publix pioneering a 15-minute delivery service, powered by Instacart’s Carrot Warehouses.
This lightning-fast delivery is possible due to Instacart’s innovative Carrot Warehouses nano-fulfillment solution. This solution not only ensures speedy deliveries but also maintains a wide online product selection with almost 100% in-stock availability even during early mornings or late nights.
It’s worth noting that Publix is the first grocer to fully utilize Instacart’s Carrot Warehouses for its fulfillment models. This collaboration involves end-to-end solutions, including the establishment of nano-fulfillment centers (NFCs), floor plan designs, automation setups, and overseeing the daily operations.
However, if you’re located outside Miami, the Instacart Publix delivery process remains traditional. Just log into the app, list down your grocery needs, and an Instacart shopper will handle the rest – picking up your items and delivering them straight to your home.
What Can You Have Delivered With Publix Instacart?
The range is vast. Whether you’re shopping via the Carrot Warehouses or the standard Instacart delivery, you can order almost anything available at Publix.
From fresh produce, dairy, to meats, your choices are expansive. If your chosen item is out of stock, the shopper will consult you for a replacement or process a refund.
Does Publix Instacart Deliver Alcohol?
Yes and no. Instacart has policies in place to determine whether or not your purchase is eligible for alcohol delivery. Some of the general policies include:
- You must be 21 or over to order alcohol, and you’ll have to show ID upon delivery.
- Your ID should be scannable, though shoppers in some stays may be able to enter your ID information manually.
- Alcohol can never be delivered to retail businesses or college campuses.
- Shoppers can’t deliver alcohol to anyone who is visibly intoxicated.
- Alcohol can’t be left unattended, so someone aged 21 or older must be available to meet the shopper at the door and show ID.
According to Publix’s website, “liquor delivery cannot be combined with grocery delivery.”
Does Publix Offer Same-Day Delivery in Instacart?
Yes! Thanks to Publix’s new partnership with Instacart’s Carrot Warehouses, users in Miami may be eligible for delivery in 15 minutes or less. Users outside of Miami can expect more standard delivery times, usually within an hour.
You’ll also have the option to schedule a delivery time if you need it to arrive later than the estimated delivery window.
How Much Does Publix Instacart Delivery Cost?
Several factors influence the final bill, including the grocery items’ cost, availability of promotions, service fees, and delivery charges.
It’s worth noting that prices on Instacart may be slightly higher due to Publix’s collaboration costs with Instacart, which they claim isn’t for profit. Instacart is known to markup food prices, and we don’t see this partnership being an exception.
Service and Delivery Fees
Using Instacart for your Publix grocery shopping may come with certain fees. For instance, delivery fees begin at $3.99 for same-day orders exceeding $35. If you opt for Priority Delivery, the cost might be slightly higher.
It’s also worth noting that Instacart prices might be marginally increased due to collaboration costs with Publix. Service fees cover various operational costs such as shopper insurance, customer support, and background checks. These are distinct from delivery fees and do not serve as tips for shoppers.
For those who opt for the Instacart+ membership, there are benefits like discounted service fees and free delivery for orders over $35.
Are Publix Prices Higher on Instacart?
Short answer: Yes. Publix increases its prices for Instacart shoppers to cover the costs of partnering with Instacart.
According to Publix, they do not make a profit on this increase. All of the money goes toward Instacart’s partnership with Publix.
Publix and Instacart do not seem to disclose the exact markup percentage online, and it most likely varies. But according to some Instacart shoppers, you could end up paying about 15 to 20 percent more for items through Instacart than in-store.
Do You Tip Instacart Publix Delivery?
Tipping your Instacart shopper is optional, but it’s a great way to show appreciation for their service. Instacart suggests a default tip of 5% of your total, or at least $2.
This can be adjusted during the checkout process, with the flexibility to increase it for up to 14 days after delivery or reduce it within 2 hours post-delivery.
Remember, 100% of the tip goes directly to your shopper.
How To Order Publix Instacart Delivery
Ordering a Public Instacart delivery is simple. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial that we’ve put together that shows you how to do so:
- Visit instacart.com or download the mobile app (through Apple or Google).
- Create a free account. It’s easy – enter your email and a password, then provide your zip code so Instacart can figure out which local stores offer delivery to you.
- Choose which store you’d like to order from.
- Peruse the store’s available items – you can browse by department or search for specific items – and fill your cart (You need to have at least $10 in your cart to qualify for delivery). If the store’s stock is low, you will be prompted to select a preferred replacement in case the shopper can’t find your original selection.
- Don’t forget to check the store’s coupon section and see if any apply to your order.
- Add any special instructions for your shopper.
- Go to checkout and select your delivery time and type, including an option to leave the groceries at the door instead of knocking or picking up your groceries yourself.
- Enter your payment information and set your shopper’s tip.
- Relax and wait for your groceries in the comfort of your home!
Instacart is a user-friendly way to get groceries without a trip to the store. They have been making significant strides in the online grocery shopping world. They recently introduced the Instacart Platform technology suite, which includes Carrot Warehouses among other modular components for e-commerce, digital advertising, in-store experiences, and data insights.
If you have any questions about Publix delivery through Instacart, or even just about Instacart in general, please feel free to ask them in the comments. Good luck, and happy shopping!