How would you like to sign up for Lyft and receive a cash bonus worth up to $1,000 on top of your regular earnings?
Here’s your chance: Lyft is offering huge sign on bonuses for new drivers who sign up using a Lyft driver promo code. This huge sign-up bonus is only available for a limited time.
The bonus amounts vary by city and time of application, but we have seen these range from $10 up to $1,000.
Let’s talk about how you can claim and use the bonus.
The Lyft driver promo code is without question the best way to increase your earnings. At signup, just enter the Lyft driver promo code from this page and after you reach a certain number of rides your Lyft driver promotion applied to your account.
Claiming a Lyft Driver Promo Code
Signing up to drive with Lyft is a straightforward process if you have all the necessary documents on hand and meet the vehicle and driver requirements.
Here’s how to signup:
- Click the Lyft application link to start a new application and fill out all required fields
- When asked for a Lyft driver invite code, input the code above
- Conduct a vehicle inspection
- Start driving, and after reaching a set number of rides, you will receive your bonus!
A few things to keep in mind when trying to claim the bonus:
- A valid Lyft driver promo code must be entered at application
- If you click on the referral link above, the promo code will be automatically applied
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Lyft promo codes
- Each driver must have their driver application approved within 30 days of submitting the application
- The driver must reach a set amount of rides in the specified time period to receive the Lyft’s new driver bonus
- Only two rides given to the same passenger counts towards the driver sign up ride requirements to qualify for the bonus
- Qualified drivers should see the bonus in their accounts within 1-2 weeks after the end of the promotion.
The required number of trips used to be 30, but it now varies by city. Some can require as little as 5 rides, and others up to 100. Don’t let this scare you, though. Because of high ride demands, you’ll meet the requirement and receive the bonus in no time.
How much is the bonus?
The Lyft driver promotions are at an all-time high. With so many $1,000, $750, and $500 new driver bonuses being offered, many drivers are rushing to claim them.
In early 2015, the company was offering a $2,000 bonus ($100 to the driver and $1000 to the referrer) just for giving one ride, which sent a huge wave of new drivers to the platform.
After a record number of signups, the company announced it was having trouble approving all the new applicants before the promo deadline since criminal background and motor record check can take time. This caused many drivers to lose out on the bonus.
Lyft has, since then, made it a point to keep their current driver bonuses and requirements achievable.
The bonus mount offered to drivers now varies by city, and changes often due to passenger demand and the amount of drivers available in that city.
Referred applicants may receive a communication from a referring driver with bonus requirements, however, please note that Lyft cannot control the final content of such communications and cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies that they may contain. Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will send a confirmatory email to both the referring driver and referred applicant which will contain the relevant bonus amounts, ride requirements, and time limits needed to qualify for the bonus. Please contact us for details about your application.Official Lyft Website
Making the Most of Your Lyft Invite Code
So now you know that as a new driver, you can sign up to drive and claim a big promotion, but did you know you can take it a step further and make money from this program even after you’re a driver?
You can send the Lyft referral code out to your family, friends, or random people who may be interested in driving to earn some quick extra cash.
Creative ways to promote your referral code include:
Fake Parking Tickets – While the legality of this should be researched, we have heard of people using fake parking tickets to advertise their code. Parking tickets are guaranteed to catch people’s attention.
Business Cards – Print small business cards with your Lyft driver invite code on them and leave them at bars. Most people use this method to get $50 Lyft ride credit by referring new riders, but you can also use this method towards your driver invite promo code.
Share On Social Media Or Your Blog – If you already have a blog with a decent amount of traffic, tell your website visitors about the attractive opportunities Lyft offers their drivers.
Word Of Mouth – Spread the word about your Lyft driver promo code to your passengers. Since Lyft encourages engagement, your riders might be up for a conversation. If you run into curious folks who are genuinely interested in using rideshare driving to supplement their current income, persuade them to give Lyft driving a try.
Lyft and Vehicle Requirements
- 2004 or newer (vehicle age requirement is city-specific)
- 4 external door handles
- Should have 5-8 seats, including the driver’s seat
- 5 total seatbelts (7 total belts for Lyft Plus)
- Have in-state plates issued by DMV
- Pass a 19 point vehicle inspection
If you don’t own a car, you can rent one from Lyft’s Express Drive program. Also, your vehicle will be inspected once at signup, and once every year you will need to take it to an approved mechanic for inspection.
Lyft Driver Requirements
- At least 21 years of age and should have held an active U.S driver’s license for at least a year before applying
- Undergo a DMV and criminal background check that screens a minimum of past 7 years
- Carry a current auto insurance policy with driver’s name
- Own Apple or Android Smartphone
Lyft Phone Requirements
- Use Android 7 or higher
- Use iOS 11 or higher
*Please note that vehicle age and other requirements vary by state and city. Always verify with your local Lyft rep before hitting the road to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations*
Lyft DMV and Background Check
Like Uber drivers, Lyft has their new drivers undergo an online DMV and criminal background check. This can take a few weeks and is the longest part of the application process. Here are a few things that can make you ineligible to drive for Lyft:
- More than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years. Moving violations refer to offenses like traffic law violations such as speeding, running the stop sign or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Having a major moving violation
- A DUI or a violation involving drugs in last 7 years
- Felonies involving a vehicle or hit and run cases
Criminal Background Check:
- Convictions for violent crimes, felonies, drug-related offense, sexual offense, or theft and property damage offenses
Driving for Lyft: Pros and Cons
- Earn up to $35/hour
- Use Lyft driver promo code to earn up to $1,000 as sign up bonus on top of your standard earning
- Keep 100% of the tips you earn
- Maximize your Lyft earnings by at least 20 percent with Power Driver Bonus
- Earn passenger referral bonus for every new rider you introduce to Lyft
- Be your own boss
- Meet new people
- Lyft Prime Time is capped at 2x base fare
- Constant driving eats up smartphone data
- Adds miles on your car which escalates depreciation
Best Cities for Lyft Drivers
Boston is one of the best cities to drive for Lyft because it is a popular destination for both business travelers and vacationers. Pick passengers up from Boston Logan International and take them to places like Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox. Or pick busy shoppers up from Prudential Tower.
Ridesharing originated in San Francisco. Whether you are shuttling tourists from Ghiradelli Square to the Golden Gate Bridge or Chinatown or driving natives to catch a Giant’s game at the AT&T Park, Ridester has you covered with Lyft driver sign up bonuses.
Visitors to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute of Chicago, and Grant Park all have to get home somehow, and Lyft is just the way to do it. With so much demand you are sure to be a busy driver.
One of the most popular cities in the world, NYC has had many songs written after it. Attractions such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Madison Square Garden keep tourists flocking into the city by the thousands. And if you are a local, you may as well take advantage of the traffic and using our exclusive Lyft driver promo code for a cash bonus!
Give a ride to people heading to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, the Dallas World Aquarium, or to the Pioneer Plaza to check out the cowboy and cattle statues.
Lyft Driver FAQ
We get quite a few questions about signing up to drive for Lyft, so we put together a list of the most frequently asked questions.
What is the Lyft driver referral code?
The Lyft driver referral code is a special code that allows current drivers to earn an incentive for inviting new drivers to Lyft.
How do Lyft driver referral codes work?
Lyft offers a double-sided referral reward. When a new Lyft driver applies an existing driver’s promo code, both drivers earn a bonus. One for signing up, and the other for referring the new driver. The referred driver will need to meet a few requirements to qualify for the said bonus. Once that happens, the new driver will get the bonus via direct deposit, and the referee will see the bonus applied to their Lyft account within 1-2 weeks.
To refer new drivers to Lyft, head to Lyft, and navigate to the “Driver Referrals” section from menu, or click the “Earn Example amount” tab from the driver app. Add the email address of friends you would like to send an invite. Lyft will send them your referral link and guide them through the application process.
How long does it take to be approved by Lyft?
The approval process takes between 3-10 days, but may be shorter or longer depending on the number of applications and background checks.
What are the requirements to be a Lyft driver?
The requirements new Lyft drivers must meet include:
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Vehicle must have 4 doors, and be 2005 or newer (varies by city)
- Drivers must have a valid insurance policy, in-state US driver’s license, and in-state plates with current registration
- Drivers must pass a background check
- The car must pass a 19-point vehicle inspection
How do I use my Lyft driver promo code?
Download the Lyft app; input one of the Lyft driver promo codes listed above, and qualify for the bonus after you meet the ride quota!
Can I use multiple Lyft driver promo codes?
Only one promo code can be used at a time. But after you begin driving, you can increase your earnings by using your Lyft driver referral code!
How often do you update the Lyft driver promo codes on this site?
We update expired codes with new ones regularly, so you are always getting the most current ones.
Can I use a Lyft driver promo code after I start driving?
Lyft promo code cannot be applied retroactively. It must be entered right when signing up.
Is one Lyft driver invite code better than the other?
All codes do the same thing and the bonus amount are city-specific.
What’s included in the welcome kit?
The welcome kit contains the official Lyft emblem and a Getting Started guide with information about how to give rides, maximizing Lyft earnings, driver insurance, and other benefits.
Over to you
Thanks for checking out our Lyft driver promo code page. If you have any more questions about Lyft driver bonuses, email us through our contact page.Note: There is a rating embedded within this post, please visit this post to rate it.