If you love on-demand delivery services, then you probably already know all about Postmates and their super efficient and reliable goods and food delivery. But sometimes even the most reliable companies have issues, and when they do, customers need help. If that happens to you, Postmates customer service is available 24/7 through a variety of different channels.
Customers looking to contact Postmates can reach the support team through different methods, which depend on what type of customer you are and what you’re looking to get help with.
- General questions
- Postmate courier help
- Merchant or Partner help
Each of these different support channels has their pros and cons, but the company has done a great job of trying to make sure each one is well-tailored to each type of person looking for help.
Postmates customers looking for an answer to a generic question can reach Postmates through a form on their website.
This form is for general questions or customers looking to report an accident or safety incident. Generic questions can oftentimes be found by visiting the help section for customers, but for all other answers that aren’t already addressed, submit a help ticket.
If you’re a Postmate looking for help with something, check out the Postmates support section for delivery drivers. This section of the support website offers a bunch of different information, and covers everything from how to sign up to drive for Postmates, to topics on Active Deliveries and how they work.
The Courier Help section is broken into five parts:
- Become a Postmate — If you have questions on how to apply to deliver for Postmates, minimum age requirements for delivery drivers, or are curious what the Postmates onboarding process is like, this section of support articles will provide the answer.
- Account & Earnings — Having trouble getting paid? Curious when you’ll receive your first payout? Need more information on how Postmates calculates your earnings? This is the section to check.
- The Basics — This section includes information on how to prepare to make your first delivery, special delivery information for your market, and how to actually perform a delivery. It’s a great section to read before you get on the road.
- Active Deliveries — Need to know how to verify a customer’s age for an alcohol delivery? Having issues with your prepaid card? Not sure what to do if a customer isn’t present to accept your delivery? You’ll find assistance in this section.
- Trust and Safety — Have questions about the steps Postmates takes to protect the safety of both drivers and customers? This section will fill you in on the key policies, including community standards and the Postmates zero-tolerance policy.
For information regarding your question, navigate to the appropriate section, then look through the articles of previously asked questions. If the answer you’re looking for isn’t there, you can contact support at the bottom of each article.
If you need support for Merchant accounts, then visit the Postmates Merchant support area. This section is very similar to the Courier Help section, and includes articles and answers to previously asked questions about pretty much anything you might need help with.
The five sections of the Merchant support area include: Partnering With Postmates, Partner Support, Partner Dashboard, Tablet Order App, and API and Postmates Push.
If this section doesn’t address merchant questions you may have, there’s a link to contact support at the bottom of many pages in this section as well.
As far as we can tell, Postmates does not have a readily available phone number to call for support. There are plenty of contact forms, app-based support features, and help sections on their website, but no Postmates phone number.
GetHuman has also confirmed this:
“Postmates.com doesn’t have a phone number. You have to email them or search their help forums.”
However, couriers on active deliveries appear to have a feature within the Postmates app that allows them to contact Live Order Support representatives at Postmates. Depending on the issue, representatives will call, text, or let the automated system decide which route to take to best help the courier.
This contact method is only available to Postmates Couriers.
Before you contact Postmates support, make sure to browse the FAQ section within the Postmates support website. This section is made up of the most frequently asked questions from Postmates customers, merchants, and fleet so there’s a very high chance that what you are going to reach out and ask has already been addressed by somebody else.
Some of the questions you might find in this section are:
- How do I report an accident or safety incident?
- How much is the Postmates delivery fee?
- What is the best Postmates driver delivery code?
- How much do you tip Postmates delivery drivers?
- How can I contact customer service?
- What cities is Postmates available in?
- Can a Postmate go to multiple locations?
Checking the Postmates FAQ will not only save you time, but also the support representatives on the other end of the chat. Remember, this company is still technically a startup, so I’m sure they will appreciate a little extra work on your end to ease the workload on theirs.
Postmates Support: Our Take
While there’s a lot of different ways
to contact Postmates support, I think the easiest way is to just visit the FAQ section on their support site. It’s got everything you need to troubleshoot common issues, so there really isn’t a huge need to reach out to support.
Unless you have an immediate issue with your Postmates order regarding payments, credit card fraud, etc., I would do the best I could to just stick to the basic help section.
If you’re not using Postmates and want to get started, check out this guide to learn how to download it for Android and iOS.
Looking for help using another delivery app? Check out our guides to the following popular platforms: