Uber and Lyft are taking off.
It’s the new way to make a good, consistent income. You get to work on your watch, enjoy flexible hours and meet different, interesting people every day.
However, you need a car. Since you will need a car to work, having one is a pretty vital aspect of working for either company, right? If you don’t have a car, you might have already dismissed the idea. No car, no work.
That’s where HyreCar comes in.
HyreCar is a peer-to-peer car sharing market place that allows local car owners to rent their idle vehicles to Uber and Lyft drivers safely, securely and reliably. It’s an extremely efficient system that allows this process to be simple and straightforward.
So if you’re considering driving for Uber or Lyft, this is the place to start.
If you haven’t already started the application process to work for either company, make sure you do it as soon as you can. It’s an in-depth process, so being as prepared as possible will help things run smoothly.
To get the ball rolling with Uber or Lyft, just click here:
Let’s take a look at what you need to do to get renting with HyreCar.
Things to Know About HyreCar
Before we dive right into the step-by-step process, let’s take a look at the reasons why HyreCar is the rental company to go with:
- Contract-Free: There’s nothing you need to sign and commit to. The process is easy, flexible and hassle-free. To get your first booking started, head over to the vehicle marketplace.
- Day-to-Day Rentals: To make the commitment even less frightening, HyreCar does car rentals on a day-to-day basis. This means if you haven’t worked for Uber or Lyft before, you can give it a chance and rent a car to see if you like it. If you don’t, you can return the car after a couple of days, no strings attached.
- Extensive Selection: HyreCar has an extensive range of cars to choose from. This gives you options to explore Uber and Lyft’s various services and decide on the type of vehicle that’s going to suit you best.
- User-Prices: Since HyreCar has an open marketplace, car owners decide the prices of their vehicles. This means they are competing against one another, which ensures you get an affordable, economical price for your rented car.
- Hassle-Free Insurance: Insurance is already covered. HyreCar doesn’t charge extra for coverage – it’s already factored into the final price you pay.
- Speaking of insurance, it’s full coverage. This means that if you have an accident, you’re entirely covered – no fine print.
- Mileage is an Afterthought: Most vehicle owners set high mileage caps (or none at all). This means you can work longer shifts without accumulating hidden costs.
Now that we’re clear on the basics, let’s get into the step-by-step guide that will show you how to rent a car through HyreCar.
The Step-By-Step Process of Renting a Car Through HyreCar:
Step 1: Decide on a Car
- Visit HyreCar.com to see the full range of vehicles we have available and decide which one you would like to rent. It’s extremely user-friendly.
- You will see an orange tag on top of the image of the car that says “Book Now.” Click here to book the vehicle of your choosing.
- It will then ask you to input the dates you would like to rent the car for. Remember, you have to rent the car for a minimum of two days.
Note: Feel free to book 5-10 cars that you like – you will only be charged for the first vehicle you are approved for. By doing this, you only increase your chances of getting on the road exactly when you want to.
Step 2: Background Check, Deposit, and Required Documents
- You will now be asked to put in your payment information. Please note that if you’re using a debit card, an additional $200 will be held as a fully refundable deposit.
- Once you confirm the booking, we will run a quick background check (for new drivers only), which normally takes a few hours.
- Once your application is approved by the car owner, you will receive the three documents that you will be required to upload to your Uber and/or Lyft driver accounts. The three documents include: vehicle registration, 19-point inspection, and your rideshare insurance.
Note: Your insurance will be sent to you 24 hours before you are scheduled to pick up your vehicle. If you decide to pay with a credit card, you will not be charged the $200 deposit, but we will simply keep the card on file for any incidentals that may occur.
Step 3: Pick up your Car
Now for the part where you start making some money:
- Make sure you have your documents uploaded and verified by Uber and/or Lyft prior to picking up the vehicle so that you can start making money as soon as you pick up.
- You’ll need to get in touch with the car owner and arrange a day and time to meet so you can pick up the car.
- Do a thorough walk-around inspection of the vehicle to ensure there is no damage to the car before you start driving it – this will avoid any misdirected blame. You can even take photos of any surface damage or dents to protect yourself further.
If you’ve done the steps above, then your car is road ready!
Step 4: Extending your Rental Time or Returning your Car
You’ve got two options when your rental time is up – either extend your rental or return it.
Extending your rental is effortless. All you have to do is go to your driver dashboard on our website, find your current rental, and click the button that says “extend.” You may choose to extend your rental daily, weekly, or monthly – the option is yours! The best thing about it is the insurance gets automatically extended, so there’s nothing else you need to do but keep making money.
If you would prefer not to renew your rental time and return the car, you need to arrange your drop off time and day with the owner. After you meet and the owner does a walk-around inspection of the vehicle, they will click “confirm drop-off” either through our app or on our website. It is essential that you do this – otherwise you risk being charged late fees.
Starting out your career with HyreCar is only just the beginning.
Before you know it, you’ll be making a regular income and enjoying curious conversations with interesting people, all from the comfort of your rented car.
There’ll be no shortage of exciting work stories.
Note: There is a rating embedded within this post, please visit this post to rate it.