If you haven’t heard of Tesla or Elon Musk by now, we’d be very surprised. The company is creating the future of personal transportation and energy. You’ve probably seen videos of their ridiculously fast, all-electric cars, or maybe even a video of their electric semi-truck. In addition to vehicles, Tesla also makes solar energy systems for home use.
If you’re curious about buying something Tesla makes, you may be looking for a discount. After all, Tesla products aren’t cheap. The Tesla referral code is your best bet for saving on the cost of Tesla products, whether that’s a car or a solar energy system. Read on to find out how the code works and what it gets you.
- What Is the Tesla Referral Code?
- How Does the Tesla Referral Code Work?
- How Do I Use the Tesla Referral Code?
- Tesla Referral Code FAQ
Unlike most other car companies, Tesla doesn’t spend a lot of money on advertising. You won’t see TV commercials or online ads for their products, and they have far fewer dealerships than other car manufacturers. This is an intentional move, as it allows them to save money and pass those savings on to their customers.
Still, Tesla does have to do some marketing. They rely primarily on word of mouth, and their referral code is an extension of this program. It lets current owners of Tesla products get special rewards in exchange for referring people to make a purchase from Tesla.
The code is a simple referral link that people can click. When they click it, it directs them to a special page on the Tesla website. When someone makes a purchase through this page, they get a discount, and the referring Tesla owner gets a reward.
So what exactly are the specifics of the Tesla referral code? What do owners get when they use it, and what do Tesla customers get when they click it?
Let’s start with Tesla owners. If you own a Tesla vehicle or Tesla solar system, here are the rewards you’ll receive when you refer someone to Tesla:
- For your first qualifying referral, you’ll get to launch your photo into deep space orbit. As Tesla puts it, “We’ll laser-etch any image onto glass and send it into deep space orbit for millions of years. Refer more friends while you wait for an alien race to discover your payload.”
- For your second successful referral, you can choose one of the following:
- A Signature Black Wall Connector for your car. It includes an etching of Elon Musk’s signature.
- Or, you can get a Tesla Model S for Kids. This is a miniature, drivable Tesla that includes working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port. You can either keep it for your children to enjoy or donate it to a local children’s charity.
- Your third qualifying referral starts to get into the bling territory. You can choose one of the following rewards:
- For your fourth qualifying referral, you’ll get priority access to Tesla vehicle software updates, making you one of the first people to experience new features.
- For your fifth qualifying referral, you’ll get a VIP invitation for you and one guest to attend a future Tesla unveiling event.
The above referral awards apply to referring people to purchase a Tesla vehicle. If you refer someone to a Tesla Solar Energy System, you’ll get $250 cash or credit per each installed referral (limit five referrals).
But what do you get if someone else refers you to Tesla? After all, that’s likely why you came to this article to begin with. Here are the rewards that you can choose:
- Six months of free Supercharging with the purchase of a new Model S, Model X or Model 3. Tesla’s network of charging stations across the country allow you to charge your vehicle in just 30 minutes.
- A 5-Year Extended Limited Warranty on a new solar energy system installation.
We know the above aren’t exactly discounts on the purchase price of the products themselves, which can be a bit frustrating to learn. But remember, purchases from Tesla will likely save you money in the long run since you won’t have to buy gas or pay for electricity for your home. Not to mention, using electric vehicles and solar power will reduce CO2 emissions and help save the planet.
Using the Tesla referral code is very simple. You don’t even have to type in a code. Just click the link from any current Tesla owner. If you’re looking for a code to use, feel free to use ours. Or, if you know someone who owns a Tesla, ask if they can send you theirs.
Once you’ve clicked the link, you’ll see a page like the one below:
This page will give you more info about the Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, and Tesla solar products (such as a solar roof and other solar panels). When you click on one of the links that say “Design Yours” or “Order Yours,” you’ll be redirected to a page that will start the order process:
You don’t have to take any additional steps to make sure the promo code is applied. The special link you clicked will automatically ensure that you get the six months of free unlimited supercharging credit once you complete your purchase.
To conclude this guide, here are answers to some common questions about the Tesla referral program:
1. How do I find my Tesla owner referral code?
Your personal referral code is available in your Tesla account, directly below the image of your car on your account page. Log into your account here to find it.
2. Does the Tesla referral code offer discounts on the Tesla Roadster?
Currently, no, as the new model of the Tesla Roadster is still in development. If this changes, we’ll update this page to reflect it.
3. Where is the Tesla referral code valid?
The code is valid for purchases in any country where you can buy a new Tesla vehicle or solar energy system (not just the United States and Canada).
4. How can I race a Tesla Semi?
When you sign up for the Tesla newsletter (which you can do after you click your friend’s referral link), you’ll be entered into a drawing for you and the person who referred you to race a giant Tesla electric semi truck around the Tesla test track.
To be entered into the drawing, just type your email address into the box at the bottom of the referral page and then press “Submit”:
5. Can I receive/send both Tesla Motors and Tesla Solar referrals?
Yes, you can. In fact, you can even refer someone to Tesla Solar if you own a Tesla vehicle (and vice versa). The referrals apply to all Tesla products, regardless of which one you own.
Use the Tesla Referral Code to Get Rewards
We hope this guide has helped you understand how the Tesla referral code works. While it won’t get you discounts on Tesla products, it will help you save on related services. And, in the end, the greatest satisfaction comes from hitting 60 mph in 4.2s or having the utility company pay you for all the power your new solar system generates. Any other referral rewards are just a nice bonus.