Hello and welcome to the third lesson of course 5 at the Rideshare Academy. In this lesson, we will cover what you can do outside of driving to promote yourself and bring in more customers. This lesson is broken into several parts.
Whether you have completed lesson two or are just jumping in now, make sure to review the courses previous material so that you have a clear understanding of the terms and topics being covered.
When Uber gets more users, they make more money and have more to offer the drivers. You can encourage this by signing up for your own personal affiliate code.
When a new user signs up and uses your code, they get an amount off of their first ride and you get a percentage of that back into your own pocket. So how exactly do you take advantage of this?
A One Person Street Team
At the end of the day, a rideshare driver is really just a contractor with Uber. You set your own hours and work within the guidelines however best suits your needs. So one thing you can do to make sure you get regular business is hit the streets!
A street team is usually a group of people who promote a single event with flyers, pamphlets and other handout materials. You can mimic this marketing idea on your own.
Print out simple flyers or business cards with your affiliate code, name and number and pass them out during big events or around areas that regularly receive ride requests. The idea is to spread your code, but also your contact info. If someone who has your flyer wanted to sign up for Uber or is looking for their own code you can help spread the love.
When you are out there handing out flyers talk about how much you enjoy driving for Uber! If any potential drivers approach you about how they want to become a driver have a referral code handy! This nifty little code can be found within your driver app and nets you some pretty cool bonuses. Here is how to use this code:
1. Select Earnings from your driver app menu and tap Invite Friends Now. Your invite code displays at the bottom of your screen. You can also see who you’ve already invited, including the status of each invite and the reward you’ll receive when they take their first ride or complete a number of trips.
2. Sign in at partners.uber.com and select Invites from the menu. Your invite code displays on the next screen. Click Track Invitees to see who you’ve already invited, including the status of each invite and the reward you’ll receive when they take their first ride or complete a number of trips.
3. If you’re using the rider app, select Free Rides from your app’s menu to review your invite code and invite friends.
You get a commission for using this code and occasionally you can get a bonus if the person who signed up using your code completes a certain number of rides.
Reach out to them and make sure they have everything they need to start taking ride requests! Having a blog you can send them to if they are still having any questions can help make sure they feel more prepared as well.
Taking The Internet By Storm
On your off hours, when you’re not driving or handing out cards look to the internet to get more attention with your code. Blogging is a fantastic way to talk about what you do and the benefits of driving. Include your affiliate code to get more sign up bonuses. If this is done correctly, you can see a huge increase in the money you are making and you won’t even be driving for it!
Video blogs on YouTube or Facebook can be a powerful tool as well. For the more ambitious riders, a vlog can be done from your phone in between rides. Just make sure your car is parked and you are not idling online in the app.
The more people you can get to use your affiliate code and the more new drivers you can get to sign up with your referral code the better. You can make as much or as little money through these programs as you want.
Remember that when you are trying to get new drivers you should sell yourself as much as the company. Why should they listen to you? Why should they use your referral code? If you have a successful blog about your experience with Uber be sure to send them to your webpage.
Learning To Be The Best At Ridesharing
When you are approached about your experience driving be sure to mention that you sought an organized form of education. Talk about what you liked most from the course and highlight how it improved your driver rating.
Any potential driver will be impressed by your commitment to delivering a good customer experience and can only raise your chances of getting their new driver referral bonus. If they feel intimidated by the thought of driving around total strangers assure them it is completely normal.
You may have felt the same way when you started this course! As an accomplished driver and certified expert you know that we all have to start somewhere and that a good place to start is here. The Rideshare Academy is more than happy to help everyone, new drivers and seasoned pros alike.
Going Beyond The Wheel Recap
Take some time and review the lesson. Below are some questions about the material that you can answer in your head:
- What is an Affiliate code?
- What is a street team and how can you apply the same idea?
- Why should you include your contact info on any flyers you hand out?
- What is a Driver Referral?
- How do you find your referral code?
- If you write a blog about being a rideshare driver, what should you include in your blog?
- Why is it a good idea to talk about your experience at the Rideshare Academy?
Related Content From Ridester.com: