Amazon Flex is one of the best part-time gigs to make some extra cash on the side. You get to pick the time you want to work, hop into your vehicle, and start delivering packages for Amazon. Sounds easy, right?
That said, it’s an inconsistent job, and thus, the money you make won’t be the same figure every month. But you won’t have to wonder about your earnings, as you can easily check them out on your pay stub page.
A pay stub is a document that includes all your earnings and the deducted taxes. Think of it like a record of your income.
You’re probably wondering: How can I access my Amazon Flex pay stubs? And can I request paper copies of the record?
That’s what we’ll tell you in this article! We’ll also help you get ready for tax season.
- Understanding Amazon Flex Pay Stubs
- Accessing Digital Pay Stubs via the Amazon Flex App
- How to Request Paper Copies of Pay Stubs
- Prepping for Tax Season as an Amazon Flex Driver
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Understanding Amazon Flex Pay Stubs
After applying for Amazon Flex and working for at least one hour on the platform, your pay stub will be ready. It’ll include all of the following information:
- Driver’s name
- Date of the pay period
- Total amount earned by Amazon Flex driver
- Total amount paid out
- Total number of hours worked
- Taxes and deductions
- The net pay (after deductions and taxes)
Aside from knowing your exact income from this side gig, you need some of this information when preparing for taxes.
Pay stubs are also important for other reasons. They serve as a reference point for the driver and the company. Renting a new house? Lenders and landlords could request pay stubs as proof of income.
Amazon doesn’t hand out these stubs in paper form either, and Flex pays by direct deposit to your bank account. So, you won’t receive a check in the mail.
But you can find your detailed pay stub along with all the necessary information in the Amazon Flex app. While it doesn’t look like the traditional pay stub you know, it includes the same information you’re looking for.
Accessing Digital Pay Stubs via the Amazon Flex App
Accessing your digital pay stubs is as easy as it gets. To do so, head to the Amazon Flex app and follow these steps:
- Start by logging into your Amazon Flex account.
- Then, tap the menu icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- After that, click on “My earnings.” A screen will appear that includes all your delivery blocks and associated earnings.
- Next, press on the block you want to check. The app will take you to a page that includes all your payments and taxes.
- To get a digital copy, scroll down and click the “Pay Stub” link.
If you face any problems while accessing your digital pay stub, contact your account manager or Amazon Flex Support through the app.
How to Read Your Pay Stub
Your pay stub could look complicated, but reading it is easier than you think. Here’s every element on your pay stub page and its meaning:
- Amazon Blocks: In Amazon Flex, instead of using calendar dates, we use blocks. Before you can access your pay stub, you need to select the associated block. These blocks are predesignated periods of work that you get to choose from. Getting more blocks means more working hours and, thus, bigger revenue.
- Gross Pay: Gross pay is the money you’ve earned before applying taxes or deductions.
- Deductions: Deductions are costs subtracted from your gross wage. These deductions include insurance and some taxes.
- Net Income: The net income is the total amount of money you’ve made minus any deductions. In other words, it’s the take-home pay that you received through a bank deposit.
How to Request Paper Copies of Pay Stubs
In our digital world, paper copies are becoming a thing of the past. But the problem is that you could still need physical copies of essential documents, like your pay stubs.
Luckily, Amazon understands that, and they can provide you with paper copies of any pay stub. All you need to do is contact Amazon through the Flex app and request your hard copy.
You can also contact support via email or by calling the Flex driver support number: 1-877-472-7562 (in the U.S. only).
The support center can generate a hard copy of one or multiple stubs. Then, you can choose to receive them by standard mail or email.
For your first 10 documents within a calendar year, this service is free. Nonetheless, if you request more than 10 documents, you’ll need to pay a small fee for the service.
Prepping for Tax Season as an Amazon Flex Driver
Paying taxes as a driver can be tricky for some people. But we’ve got you covered!
First, we recommend downloading your digital pay stubs every month in preparation for tax season. You can also print these documents and keep them in a file so that everything will be ready by tax season.
Second, it’s best to keep track of any deductions you’re entitled to throughout the year. These deductions can lower the amount of tax you need to pay.
Third, keep track of business expenses, like vehicle repairs, insurance, and gas. That means you need to keep a record of your receipts throughout the year.
If this sounds like a hassle, you can always use bookkeeping and tax-filing tools, such as QuickBooks Self-Employed.
This tool tracks mileage using your phone’s GPS. And you can categorize your trips with a swipe. Not only that, but you can also import expenses directly from your bank account and sort them into categories.
The best part is: QuickBooks will do the math for you and provide you with an estimation for your taxes. What’s better is that if you pick the TurboTax bundle, you can transfer your financial data in no time!
Pro tip: Filing taxes tends to be overwhelming, so if you have any questions, it’s always best to consult a tax professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my pay stubs from Amazon after I quit?
Typically, Amazon sends out pay stubs to your email address after termination. You can also access the mobile app or the website with your employee ID, and you’ll find your pay stubs. If that doesn’t work, the best thing to do is contact Amazon.
Can I work with Amazon after quitting?
Yes. If you’ve previously worked at Amazon, you can still reapply for any position. The company will evaluate your eligibility for rehiring based on your former record. If you were fired, it all depends on the reason for termination. Generally, you can reapply after 90 days of leaving the job.
Accessing your Amazon Flex pay stubs is an easy and quick process. All you need to do is head to your Flex app and tap the menu icon. Then, click on “My Earnings” and select the block you want to view.
We highly recommend downloading a digital file of your stubs and printing it. You can also request a paper copy from Amazon Flex support.
Saving copies of your pay stubs is essential for prepping for tax season. You’ll also need to keep track of all your deductions and expenses.
You can use tools like QuickBooks Self-Employed to make the process easier. And if you have any questions regarding taxes, it’s always best to consult a professional.