Instacart has made a lot of people’s everyday lives easier.
You can get all your groceries and household items delivered to your door. Safeway is one of the many stores you can shop from on the platform.
If you’re interested in learning how Safeway Instacart works, we’re here to help.
We’ll break down everything you need to know, from how it works to the cost.
- Is Safeway Partnered With Instacart?
- How Does Safeway Instacart Work?
- What Is the Difference Between Instacart and Safeway Delivery?
- Why Should You Shop at Safeway Instacart?
- What Products Does Safeway Instacart Carry?
- Is There a Minimum Order Amount?
- What Type of Payment Is Accepted?
- How Much Does Safeway Instacart Cost?
- How to Order Safeway Instacart
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Is Safeway Partnered With Instacart?
Yes, Safeway is partnered with Instacart.
Since they are partners, finding shoppers and delivery drivers isn’t as challenging as stores on the platform that aren’t partnered with them.
How Does Safeway Instacart Work?
Safeway Instacart works just like any other store on Instacart.
You’ll enter your zip code or location to find a Safeway near you that’s on the Instacart app.
You can shop through their products and add whatever you need to your cart before placing your order.
How Does Rush Delivery Powered by Instacart Work?
Rush delivery is an excellent option for those who need to deliver their grocery order in as little as two hours.
All you have to do to use this feature is select rush delivery when selecting your delivery window.
What Is the Difference Between Instacart and Safeway Delivery?
Safeway delivery and Safeway Instacart are delivery services that share some similarities but differ.
Here’s a quick overview of each service and what makes them different.
Safeway Delivery Overview
Safeway Delivery is the delivery service you can order directly through Safeway’s website.
Your groceries will be delivered on one of their company trucks when you order through their website.
Shoppers at their stores that Safeway trusts will be tasked with compiling your order before they’re loaded onto the delivery trucks.
They have specialty containers to keep cold items cold and warm items warm. This way, you don’t have to worry about your things going bad before they arrive.
Safeway Instacart Overview
You can also order Safeway through Instacart. Safeway is partnered with Instacart so that you can take advantage of great prices, high-quality food items, and more.
Ordering with Instacart is simple.
You need to make an account, but adding items to your cart and paying for them is straightforward.
Why Should You Shop at Safeway Instacart?
Since you can shop Safeway via their website and deliver your groceries, why should you shop Safeway through Instacart? Here are a few of the main reasons.
Lots of Organic Produce
If you’re a fan of organic produce, Safeway has a large amount.
They have a line of organic produce that is at an affordable rate.
Like other stores that carry items specifically for them, Safeway has plenty of items that you can’t get anywhere but Safeway. Some of these include:
- O Organics
- Signature Select
- Open Nature Products
Shopping at Safeway via Instacart is convenient.
You can shop from the comfort of your home or office and have your groceries delivered to your door.
This way, you can spend more time doing other things you need to without worrying about when you’ll be able to make it to the store.
Safeway is known for its great prices.
You can get more bang for your buck, even when you shop Safeway through Instacart, than with other grocery retailers.
What Products Does Safeway Instacart Carry?
Safeway is a great grocery store with almost everything you could need when shopping for your weekly or bi-weekly groceries.
- Canned Goods: The canned goods section at Safeway Instacart is plentiful. You shouldn’t have a hard time finding anything you need.
- Cereal: From name brands to Safeway brands, cereal is a great thing to add to your grocery list.
- Spices and Baking Ingredients: When you need to bake a cake or stock up on seasonings, Safeway’s spice and baking section should have whatever you need.
- Snacks: Whether you like to snack on chips, cookies, crackers, or string cheese, you can order them through Safeway Instacart.
- Frozen Items: You’ll find frozen fruit, veggies, ice cream, pizza, and everything in between in the frozen section at Safeway.
- Pet Items: If you’re low on cat or dog food or cat litter or even want to get them a new toy, Safeway has what you’re looking for.
- Oils, Vinegar, Pickled Foods: Safeway offers a large selection of oils, vinegar, and pickled foods.
- Dairy Products: You can grab all your dairy products, including coffee creamers, milk, yogurt, and eggs, with Safeway.
- Household and Personal Items: You can pick up trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, and other items here.
- Dried Goods: Dried goods Safeway offers include rice, instant mashed potatoes, and other similar products.
- Condiments: Whether you’re low on ketchup, salad dressing, mustard, or another condiment, Safeway has you covered.
- Baby Items: Safeway has baby items like jarred food, snacks, diapers, and more.
- Meat and Seafood: You’ll find high-quality meat and seafood at Safeway. They have all cuts of beef, chicken, and pork. The seafood is fresh and comes frozen or refrigerated.
- Bakery Goods: Safeway’s bakery is up for grabs. You can shop for muffins, cakes, fresh bread, and other baked goods.
- Drinks: Whether shopping for milk, juice, soda, or flavored waters, Safeway Instacart has what you want.
- Deli Items: You can shop your favorite deli meats like roasted turkey, smoked ham, and more.
Is There a Minimum Order Amount?
There is a minimum order amount when you use Safeway Instacart.
Depending on where you live, the minimum order amount can change.
Usually, the minimum amount you need to spend to order on this platform is between $10 and $35.
What Type of Payment Is Accepted?
If you’ve been wondering how Instacart shoppers pay for groceries, the good news is that there are several payment methods to choose from.
Below are all the payment options you can use on Instacart for your Safeway order.
If you want to use a credit card to pay for your groceries, you must enter the information into the payment screen when you get to it.
You can use a debit card to pay for your grocery delivery like credit cards.
If you have already used it before, you can select it when you get to the payment page.
Otherwise, you’ll need to enter the information before paying.
For Android devices, you can quickly pay for your Safeway Instacart order with Google Pay.
You shouldn’t have an issue if it’s linked to your phone and Instacart account.
Apply Pay is an easy payment method if you have an iPhone.
If your card is connected to your phone or you have funds in your Apple Pay account, paying for groceries takes seconds.
You can if you have a PayPal account and want to use this to pay for your groceries.
You’ll need to link your PayPal account to Instacart and make sure you select it when you get to the payment section.
Which Promo Codes Can You Use?
What promo codes you can use on your Safeway Instacart order depends on which promo codes are active during your order.
Some of the most common promo codes for grocery or household items are new customer discounts, free delivery, and product-specific promo codes.
Usually, the platform will let you know if any promo codes are available and automatically apply them to your order.
Does Instacart Take EBT?
Yes, you can use EBT on Instacart.
The platform allows you to use this payment method if you participate and qualify for EBT.
However, because Instacart allows you to use this payment method, not all stores on the platform will allow you to use EBT.
It’s best to confirm the store you’re shopping through accepts this method before shopping.
How Much Does Safeway Instacart Cost?
How much Safeway Instacart costs will vary.
The overall cost will depend on several factors, like where you live, any promotions that are currently going on, the size of your order, how much you choose to tip your driver, and how large the service fees are.
Something to remember when shopping with Safeway Instacart is that all the food prices are marked up, so it will naturally be more expensive than shopping in person.
Signing up for Instacart Express will cost you money, but regularly ordering groceries could save you money in the long run.
Do Groceries Cost More With Instacart?
Yes. You will almost always pay more for your groceries when you shop through Instacart, no matter what store you choose.
There are reasons for it being expensive, though.
A few of the reasons why groceries will cost more with Instacare are because they have higher operational costs, not all stores on Instacart recognize in-store promotions, they have to charge service fees, and you’re paying for someone to shop and then deliver your groceries.
While it costs more to purchase groceries through Instacart, it’s a great option if you’re looking to save time.
How Much Is the Delivery Charge
How much the delivery charge will depend on.
It can change depending on the time of day and even the day.
Deliveries requested during high traffic times might have a higher delivery fee to account for more time the driver has to sit in traffic.
Holidays will also have higher delivery charges because there aren’t as many people working on the platform during these times.
Even the size of your order can determine how much your delivery charge is.
Generally, the delivery charge will be about 5% of the total cost of your order.
How to Order Safeway Instacart
Ordering Safeway Instacart is simple.
Here’s step-by-step how you can place your grocery order with Safeway Instacart:
- Visit the Instacart app on your phone or their website
- Create an account or sign into one if you already have one
- Enter your zip code or enable location services to find a Safeway near you
- Select the Safeway store you want to shop at
- Browse through their online catalog and add items you want to your cart
- Once you’ve added everything you want, visit your cart and double-check your order
- Choose your delivery window
- Enter your payment information or select the one you’ve already entered
- Place your order
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about how Safeway Instacart works, here are some frequently asked questions that other users ask.
What happens if an item is out of stock?
If an item is out of stock, once your shopper arrives, they will ask if you would like to replace it with another similar product at whatever its price is.
As the buyer, if you don’t want a replacement, Instacart will remove the item from your cart and not charge you for it.
Are loyalty card discounts or sale prices available?
Yes. All prices on the Safeway Instacart site reflect current sales within the physical stores.
As for the loyalty discounts, you can enter your loyalty card information when you create your Instacart account to receive those benefits.
Are bags used for delivery?
Bags are typically used for Safeway Instacart delivery.
Shoppers are responsible for bagging their groceries, but in some states and areas, you might have to pay a fee for bags or require someone to use reusable bags.
It’s always best to check with your local Safeway.
Do delivery drivers accept tips?
Yes, delivery drivers accept tips.
While it’s not required to tip your delivery driver, it’s customary to show your appreciation for their work by tipping them.
You can tip based on the number of your groceries or whatever you feel is right.
Can you place a delivery for someone else?
Yes, you can place a delivery order for someone else.
If you have an account, you can change the delivery address to someone else to purchase things for another person.
What is the Safeway Instacart phone number?
You can contact Safeway’s online order customer service by calling (877) 505-4040.
They should be able to help you with your Instacart order, but it’s always best to go through Instacart if you have any questions.
There’s nothing like getting your groceries delivered to your door. It can save you time throughout the day, and despite being a little more expensive, it’s a great option.
Using Safeway Instacart is easy.
All you need to do is make an account, shop for the items you want, and then place your order.
No matter where you’re ordering from, be sure to read our article staying safe during drop-offs to keep yourself safe.
If you have any questions or comments, leave us a comment below!