Do you take a lot of Uber rides? Do you do a lot of traveling and eating out?
Then the Uber Visa card could be worth a look. Uber continues to add services for its customers, from bikes to car rental.
Now, the company has partnered with Barclays to offer customers an Uber credit card.
In this post, we’ll look at the various advantages this card offers so you can decide if it’s worth applying.
- What Is the Uber Credit Card?
- What Benefits Does the Uber Visa card Have?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Table Of Contents
What Is the Uber Credit Card?
The Uber Visa card is a cash back and rewards credit card that Uber offers.
The card is available only in the U.S., though cardmembers can use it to make purchases anywhere in the world that accepts Visa.
There is no annual fee.
Learn how the Uber Eats Plus Card works for drivers – pay easily for customer orders.
What Benefits Does the Uber Visa card Have?
The Uber Visa card has a variety of rewards and perks.
These perks fall into three categories:
- Sign-up bonus
- Rewards program
- Other perks
Let’s look at each of these categories in turn.
1. Uber Visa Card Sign-Up Bonus
When you sign up for the Uber Visa card and spend $500 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days after account opening, you’ll get 10,000 bonus points.
You can redeem these bonus points for $100 value in Uber credits, $100 in cash back or $100 in gift cards.
This offer is only available for new cardmembers.
Any purchases qualify (though balance transfers and returned purchases do not count).
2. Uber Visa Card Rewards Program
In addition to the sign-up bonus, Uber Visa cardholders earn cash back on a variety of bonus categories.
The cash back amounts are as follows:
- 4% back on dining — This includes restaurants, takeout, and bars, as well as Uber Eats purchases.
- 3% back on hotel and airfare — This includes vacation home rentals as well.
- 2% back for online purchases — This includes Uber, online shopping, and video and music streaming services.
- 1% back on all other purchases — If it doesn’t fall into the categories above, you earn 1% back.
3. Other Uber Visa Card Perks
In addition to the rewards above, Uber Visa cardmembers also get access to the following perks:
- Mobile phone insurance — When you pay your mobile phone bill with your card, you can receive up to $600 for mobile phone damage or theft.
- $50 subscription credit — When you spend $5,000 or more on your card per year, you’ll receive a $50 credit to use for any of the following online subscription services:
- Apple Music
- Amazon Music
- Google Music
- Sirius XM
- HBO NOW
- DirecTV NOW
- Amazon Prime Membership fee
- Exclusive event access — You’ll receive exclusive access to events, primarily in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and D.C.
- No foreign transaction fees — You won’t pay foreign transaction fees for using your card outside the U.S., no matter where you travel.
- Redeem points instantly — To redeem your rewards points for Uber credits, just open the Uber app and tap your points balance from within the menu. To redeem for cash back or gift cards, open the Barclays U.S. mobile app (available on Android and iPhone).
Uber Credit Card FAQ
To finish up, here are some answers to commonly asked questions about the Uber Visa card.
1. Do I earn points for purchases made abroad?
Yes, all purchases made with the Uber Visa card earn points, no matter where you make them.
2. Does the Uber credit card have an annual fee?
No, there is no annual fee for the card.
3. Do rewards points expire?
Points never expire as long as your account is open, is in good standing and the program continues.
4. Is there a limit to the number of rewards points I can earn?
No, there is no limit.
5. Is there a minimum number of points required to redeem rewards?
Yes, you’ll need at least 500 bonus points to redeem for Uber credit, and at least 2,500 bonus points to redeem for cash back or gift cards.
6. Can I add authorized users to my Uber Visa card?
Yes, you are allowed to add authorized users to your card. This can be a great way to earn even more points, as well as meet the requirements to receive the sign-up bonus. Be sure to add only people you trust, as you’re still responsible for paying all charges made using your card.
7. Where can I learn more about the Uber Visa card?
To learn more about the card (as well as apply), visit the official Uber Visa card page.
8. Is the Uber Visa card right for me?
If you do a lot of traveling, dining out and online shopping (especially Uber rides), then this card could be a good pick. The minimum spend amount required to receive the bonus is pretty low compared to many other rewards cards (which often require you to spend thousands of dollars within the first 90 days to receive the sign-up bonus). Just take a look at something like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or American Express Platinum cards to see what we mean.
As with any credit card, you should be aware that applying for the card will require a hard credit inquiry, which can affect your credit score. You should also only spend as much as you can afford to pay off. If you end up paying interest, then the rewards program is not worth it.
Always make sure you fully understand the terms and conditions of any credit card you apply for. This includes understanding if the card has a balance transfer fee, cash advance fee, and other information that will help you decide if the card is appropriate for your financial needs. To view a full list of terms and conditions for the Uber Visa card (and apply now), consult the official Barclays page.
Get Rewarded With the Uber Credit Card
The Uber credit card can be a good pick for people who frequently use Uber and want to offset the cost of their Uber rides with their everyday spending. If you’re curious about other ways to earn Uber credit, check out our guide to Uber promo codes.