Traveling throughout the United States is easier than ever, with rideshare services available in almost every major city and airport in the nation.
When you need to catch a flight — or get to your appointments right on time — Wingz will give you the peace of mind you need.
Founded in 2011, Wingz, Inc. is a specialized rideshare company that lets you schedule guaranteed rides ahead of your most important events.
Whether you’re flying the red-eye or heading to an early morning business meeting, you’ll rest assured that your driver will arrive exactly when you expect them.
In this article, we’ll explain how Wingz works, how much it costs, and how you can save by signing up with a promo code today.
Table Of Contents
How Does Wingz Work?
When you schedule a ride with an on-demand service, the app’s technology will match you with a driver just before your scheduled ride.
Because of this, Uber and Lyft only allow you to schedule rides within a given time range, which can be stressful during peak times, when every minute counts.
On the other hand, Wingz is designed to match you with a driver soon after your schedule your ride — as much as two months ahead of when you need them.
As soon as you submit your request, it will be posted to a network of Wingz drivers who can consciously accept your request and get your ride time added to their work schedule.
This way, you know they’ll have the exact time blocked out to pick you up.
Another unique part of Wingz is that you can ride with familiar faces every time.
As you start to use the service more frequently, you can add drivers you connected with to your “My Favorite Drivers” list in the app.
Drivers on this list become part of your pool of preferred drivers that Wingz will try to match you with each time.
Where Can I Use Wingz?
Wingz states that their service is currently available for riders to schedule in 15 metro areas and 21 airports:
- Austin: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Dallas: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- Houston: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
- Los Angeles: Bob Hope Airport (BUR), John Wayne Airport (SNA), Long Beach Airport (LGB), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Miami: Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Oakland: Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Orlando: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Portland: Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Sacramento: Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Antonio: San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- San Diego: San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San Jose: Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Tampa: Tampa International Airport (TPA)
The company is only able to provide a one-way service (rather than both pick-ups and drop-offs) at some airports, including LAX, due to airport regulations.
Wingz has plans to expand to even more cities and airports in the United States.
They also have plans to partner directly with senior care facilities to make rideshare even more accessible.
How Much Does Wingz Cost?
One of the most attractive features of the Wingz platform is its flat rate pricing.
Even if you schedule a ride during rush hour, you’ll never face any form of surge pricing that drives up your price based on supply and demand.
Instead, the price you book will be the exact price you pay, with all airport fees and tolls included.
Here the major factors that will affect your final price:
- Minimum fare: All Wingz airport rides require a minimum fare of $25. Even if your ride would technically be worth less than $25 based on the company’s flat rates, you’ll still have to pay at least $25 to ride. The company currently doesn’t specify their minimum fares for general metro area rides.
- Estimated distance: Wingz uses Google Maps API to calculate the estimated miles from your pick-up location to your drop-off location. This is multiplied by a flat rate, which may differ based on city.
- Amount of passengers and bags: The more riders and suitcases you have, the more you’ll have to pay. This is because Wingz will match you with a correctly sized vehicle (Small, Medium, or Big) based on your needs, which may affect the cost.
- Airport fees: Wingz has set airport pick-up and drop-off fees for most airport rides. These fees range from $0 to $7.50, though most are under $4.
With all these costs considered, it should be noted that Wingz is still more expensive than Uber and Lyft in the majority of cases.
Even when Uber’s surge pricing or Lyft’s Prime Time pricing multiplies your fares, there’s a good chance you can still beat the prices you get with Wingz.
Still, Wingz remains an affordable alternative to taxis and limos, whether you need to get to the airport or to your doctor’s appointment.
It’s also an incredibly reliable scheduled car service that may be worth it to avoid last-minute mishaps and to get peace of mind.
If you frequently use Wingz, you’re also paying for personal drivers that you’re familiar with, so you know the person who’s coming is someone you trust.
How to Sign up for Wingz
If Wingz has piqued your interest, we recommend signing up now. You can currently claim $5 off your first booking by following this step-by-step sign-up process:
Navigate to the signup page
Head to this referral link to get $5 off once you’ve activated your account.
Select account activation
Select “Sign-up to activate discount.”
Tap “Sign up here.”
Create an Account
Sign up with your Facebook account or by filling in your name, email, password, and phone number.
Claim a Wingz Promo Code
Once you’ve signed up, don’t worry if your account credits still say “$0.”
When you get a quote for your first ride, you’ll see your $5 discount automatically applied to your final price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you’re on the Wingz platform, you can depend on a reliable ride wherever the company is available.
Here are answers to some common questions about the platform that may still be on your mind:
How long will my Wingz driver wait for me?
For a basic Wingz pick-up at your house or in the city, your driver will wait up to 15 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time.
However, understanding that flights don’t always land as planned, Wingz gives you a full 30-minute waiting period for pick-ups from the airport.
Beyond these time frames, drivers are free to leave if they don’t hear from you.
Is Wingz safe to use?
This platform is actually safer than Uber and Lyft, as Wingz drivers are more thoroughly vetted that drivers for most on-demand platforms.
In addition to passing their background checks and vehicle inspections, drivers must also attend a formal training session and pass a DMV record check four times per year (every three months).
Of course, Wingz drivers are also required to have a valid license, auto insurance, and a registered vehicle.
Wingz drivers are actually so thoroughly vetted that only 5% of applicants are accepted to drive.
What payment methods can I use for my Wingz requests?
Wingz currently only allows users to pay with their credit card.
To save your payment information on the platform, tap on your “Account” tab on your desktop site.
Then, select “Payment Methods” and tap “Add a new Card.”
Do I need to tip my Wingz driver?
Much like Uber and Lyft, Wingz makes tipping optional for customers, though tipping remains highly recommended.
This is because rideshare is considered a part of the service industry, so a 15% tip should be considered the standard for an average ride.
As with most other rideshare services, you can tip and rate your driver once your trip is complete.
Schedule Your Guaranteed Pick-Up
When Uber and Lyft can’t give you the pick-up guarantee you need, scheduling a ride with Wingz may be the best route to take.
Even if you just want to always have a friendly face on your rideshare trips, Wingz is the platform that can help you out.
As the company expands to more and more cities throughout the United States, the extra reliable rides you need will become even more accessible.
If Wingz still isn’t quite what you’re looking for in a rideshare company, take a look at these nine rideshare app options to find the best match for you.