- Many food delivery services offer cash payment options, but availability varies by region and restaurant.
- Apps like Grubhub, EatStreet, DoorDash, and Delivery.com accept cash, but policies differ, and not all partner restaurants may offer this option.
- Uber Eats, a major food delivery service, does not accept cash in the U.S., but it does in some other countries.
- Cash payment for food delivery is convenient for those without digital payment access, but it requires exact change and in-person payment.
- Food Delivery Companies That Accept Cash in 2024
- Considerations When Paying With Cash
- Tips for a Smooth Cash-on-Delivery Experience
- Why Some Customers Prefer Cash Payments
- Comparing Cash Payments With Other Methods
- Regional Variations in Cash Payment Acceptance
- Wrapping Up
Food Delivery Companies That Accept Cash in 2024
What are the biggest food delivery businesses that have a cash payment option? Here are our top four recommendations:
|Food Delivery Service
|Notes on Cash Payment Policy
|Cash on delivery possible with partner merchants, usually pizza restaurants. Minimum cash amount may apply.
|Cash payment option available if the partner restaurant accepts cash delivery. Restrictions may apply.
|Cash payment accepted directly to the delivery driver. Exact change preferred.
|Cash option available after the first card payment transaction through the website.
|Does not accept cash payments in the United States. Accepts cash in some other countries.
DoorDash is a food delivery company with a wide selection of restaurants you can buy from. You may use it to order and track meals from food chains around you.
What’s great about DoorDash is it connects people over long distances. If you have a loved one in another state, you may order food for them using the online delivery service.
Usually, DoorDash doesn’t take cash, but you can use DoorDash Drive to make purchases from partner merchants.
Cash on delivery is possible with DoorDash Drive, as the merchants – usually pizza restaurants – have agreements with the app!
DoorDash Cash Payment Policies
Aside from the digital payment methods, you may use cash to pay for your meals using DoorDash Drive.
All you have to do is go to the restaurant’s website and select DoorDash Drive as the delivery option.
Don’t forget to check for the minimum cash amount. Some establishments will require you to order at least $7 worth of food before they accept cash as a mode of payment.
Grubhub is one of the leading apps in the food delivery industry. It offers various payment methods like Apple Pay, PayPal, gift cards, and Android Pay.
Yes, GrubHub has cash-on delivery services as well.
With Grubhub, you can track your food expenditures using the order history. Planning is possible with the pre-order option.
What we like most about Grubhubis its wide range of restaurant partners. It has tie-ups with 365,000 establishments across 4,000 cities. You can buy from grocery stores and food chains with a short delivery time!
GrubhubCash Payment Policies
For restaurants who’ll take cash, you’ll find a cash-on-delivery option upon checkout.
Note that the establishment does have the ability to restrict cash payments through Grubhub.
EatStreet is one of the best food delivery platforms because of its payment policies.
Instead of taking commissions from sales, it charges food chains a flat rate per month. For this reason, the app has plenty of benefits for restaurant partners and local businesses.
This app has flexible payment options. It accepts cash, credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay as forms of payment.
EatStreet stands out for its fair prices and fast deliveries on purchases made. The delivery fee is affordable, and you get high-quality service!
EatStreet Cash Payment Policies
The EatStreet cash payment terms are straightforward. All you have to do is present your payment to the delivery driver when he gets to your house.
It’s best to have exact change for your purchase. Remember to give cash tops to the drivers if possible.
Delivery.com is an app where you can buy food from restaurants and even do laundry! This site’s grocery delivery service is fast, and it has an extensive network across the country.
The app and website are easy to use. You can navigate them by typing a cuisine or by choosing a location. There are pickup, house delivery, and pre-order options.
One of the best features of Delivery.com is its group ordering. Here, you can make orders with your family, co-workers, or roommates. It’s an attractive option for large groups of people!
Delivery.com Cash Payment Policies
During your first transaction, you can only make card payments through the website. Once you complete a purchase, the cash option at checkout will become available.
This means you provide your card details before you can use the app.
Brett’s Take: Thoughts From an Expert
Most major food delivery chains do not accept cash payments, so finding a service that does might require looking at local or smaller restaurants.
From what I can tell, pizza places usually accept cash as well. I think this has to do with fairly standard, low-complexity pricing. Pizza shops also normally have drivers on hand that are used to taking cash, so this is nothing new to them.
Considerations When Paying With Cash
Paying with cash instead of using digital transactions is convenient and simple. Still, you have to be mindful of this service.
What factors should a delivery recipient consider when making cash payments? Here are a few pointers!
- Safety Considerations: Paying drivers in cash isn’t a contact-free delivery option. Meaning, you may want to sanitize your hands as money may carry germs.
- Timely Payment: Paying in cash means your delivery guy can’t leave your food at the door. You must make sure you’re available to receive your food once it arrives.
- The Need for Exact Change: Not all drivers carry money around. There are times when you may not get change if you pay with cash for food deliveries.
- Cash Tips: If you’re happy with the service, consider giving a tip. The cash you give goes directly to your delivery guy.
Tips for a Smooth Cash-on-Delivery Experience
How can you have a smooth and hassle-free experience when paying with cash? Below are our top tips for every delivery recipient!
- Double Check Your Address: It’s always important to check your address so the delivery driver can find your house without issues. Mention your zip code and any landmarks in the area.
- Track the Delivery: You should track the location of the delivery person. Since you pay with cash, you must meet them at the door on time.
- Provide a Phone Number: Giving your delivery guy your phone number will help them find you.
- Have the Exact Amount: Paying for delivery with cash means you should expect to have the exact amount. Always use small bills to make it easy for the driver to give you change.
- Consider Tipping: Unlike online payments, the cash delivery option doesn’t automatically charge for tips. You may want to tip your driver if the delivery went smoothly.
Why Some Customers Prefer Cash Payments
According to the Pew Research Center, 59% of Americans still use cash for weekly purchases. What’s more, 14% say they never use credit cards or other digital payments.
So, why is this? There are several reasons why people still prefer cash payments over contactless delivery.
For one, some Americans have limited access to digital payments. The elderly may find it difficult to navigate cashless apps. Those with lower incomes also prefer cash as a form of payment.
Others believe that cash controls spending, as you have a finite amount in your wallet. It helps with easier budgeting and is a convenient option.
Another advantage of paying food delivery drivers with cash is privacy. You don’t need to provide your personal information when you use cash. There’s no need to worry about someone hacking your mobile wallet.
Finally, cashless payments are more costly. You have to pay for annual fees or transfer fees when you have a credit or debit card.
Because of this, cash-accepting delivery services are still a must when choosing a food delivery company!
Comparing Cash Payments With Other Methods
How does cash compare with other payment methods? Regarding convenience, cash-on-delivery services may not be as hassle-free as digital payment options.
Unlike online payments, you should have the exact amount on hand. Otherwise, you may not get a change from the delivery personnel. Cash does become more convenient whenever there’s a glitch in online payment methods.
In terms of safety, the cash option may be better than contact-free delivery. The reason for this is that mobile wallets like Android Pay and Apple Pay are vulnerable to hacking.
Scammers may take advantage of the personal details you provide to a delivery app. Plus, delivery services can gather and use your data without your knowledge.
Through cash, you can avoid issues like bad internet connection or app updates that prevent you from paying. It’s more available and safer compared to other methods!
Regional Variations in Cash Payment Acceptance
Nowadays, companies want to provide customers with various payment options. Most will accept your debit card, PayPal, Venmo, or Apple Pay. Yet, when it comes to cash on delivery, there are regional variations to consider.
One example of this is Uber Eats. Uber Eats is one of the biggest food delivery apps. It has a global reach and a vast selection of restaurant choices.
Uber Eats accepts cash in India, Vietnam, Japan, and Saudi Arabia. However, it doesn’t accept cash payments in the United States!
The reason for regional variations like this is the lack of traceability in cash payments. Some companies prefer to have control over the money. Cash payments also impede the workflow.
Since most Americans have digital wallets, there’s no problem with banning cash transactions.
Of course, in countries where not everyone has access to a mobile wallet, cash payment is preferable.
Cash payments are simple, safe, and convenient. There are some considerations you must make, but overall, paying with cash is hassle-free.
Because of regional variations, some delivery apps only take online payments. Still, there are places with food delivery that accept cash.
Companies such as Grubhub, EatStreet, DoorDash, and Delivery.com will accept cash payments. You can check these cash-accepting delivery apps to access an array of restaurants.
We hope you found a service that best fits your preference in this article, and we’ll see you on the next one!