The Lyft driver bonus amounts vary by city and time of application, but we have seen these range from $10, all the way up to $1,000.
Let’s talk about how you can claim and use the bonus. Upon signing up, just enter the Lyft driver promo code from this page. After you reach a certain number of rides, your Lyft driver promotion will be applied to your account.
The Lyft driver promo code is the best way to increase your earnings. At sign-up, just enter the referral code from this page and after you reach a certain number of rides, it will be applied to your account.
Claiming a Lyft Driver Promo Code
Signing up to drive with Lyft is a straightforward process, if you have all the necessary documents on hand, and meet the vehicle and driver requirements.
Here’s how to sign up:
- Click the Lyft application link to start a new application and fill out all required fields.
- When asked for a Lyft driver invite code, input the code above.
- Conduct a vehicle inspection.
- Start driving. After reaching a set number of rides, you will receive your bonus.
A few things to keep in mind when claiming the bonus:
- Enter a valid Lyft driver promo code during your application.
- If you click on the Lyft referral code link above, the promo code will be automatically applied.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Lyft promo codes.
- Each driver must have their driver application approved within 30 days of submitting the application.
- The driver must reach a set amount of rides in the specified time period to receive Lyft’s new driver bonus.
- A maximum of two rides can be given to the same passenger and count towards the driver sign-up requirements to qualify for the bonus.
- Qualified drivers should see the bonus in their accounts within one to two weeks after the promotion ends.
The required number of trips used to be 30, but it now varies by city. Some can require as little as five rides and others up to 100. But don’t let this scare you. Because of high ride demands, you’ll meet the requirement and receive the bonus in no time.
How Do Lyft Driver Referral Codes Work?
Lyft offers a double-sided referral reward. When a new Lyft driver applies an existing driver’s promo code, both drivers earn a Lyft bonus — one for signing up, and the other for referring the new driver.
The referred driver will need to meet a few requirements to qualify for said bonus. Once that happens, the new driver will get the bonus via direct deposit, and the referring driver will see the bonus applied to their Lyft account within one to two weeks.
To refer new drivers to Lyft, head to Lyft and navigate to the “Driver Referrals” section from the menu, or click the “Earn Example amount” tab from the driver app. Add the email address of friends you would like to send an invite. Lyft will send them your referral link and guide them through the application process.
Referral Code Bonus
The Lyft driver promotions are at an all-time high. With so many $1000, $750, and $500 new driver bonuses being offered, many drivers are rushing to claim them.
The bonus amount offered to drivers varies by city and changes often due to passenger demand and the amount of drivers available in that city.
Through the driver portal or app, referring drivers can view the requirements to receive bonuses for referring applicants and vice versa. These requirements may change for different markets.
Referred applicants may receive communication from a referring driver with bonus requirements. However, please note that Lyft cannot control the final content of such communications and cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.
Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will send a confirmation email to both the referring driver and referred applicant with information about qualifying for the bonus.
Making the Most of Your Lyft Invite Code
In addition to the initial promotion, you can send the Lyft referral code out to your family, friends, or other people who may be interested in driving to earn some extra cash.
Print small business cards listing your Lyft driver invite code and leave them at bars. Most people use this method to get a $50 Lyft ride credit by referring new riders and getting them a free first ride, or for potential new drivers.
Share on Social Media or Your Blog
If you already have a blog with a decent amount of traffic, tell your website visitors about the attractive opportunities Lyft offers their drivers.
Word of Mouth
Since Lyft encourages engagement, your riders might be up for a conversation about becoming rideshare drivers.
Lyft and Vehicle Requirements
These requirements can vary by state, but the general guidelines are:
- 2005 or newer (vehicle age requirement is city-specific)
- Vehicle must have 4 external door handles
- Should have 5-8 seats, including the driver’s seat
- Total of 5 seat belts (7 total belts for Lyft Plus)
- Have in-state plates issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Pass a 19-point vehicle inspection
Lyft Driver Requirements
Lyft’s terms for new drivers require you to be:
- At least 21 years of age and should have held an active U.S driver’s license for at least a year before applying
- Undergo a DMV and criminal background check that screens a minimum of past 7 years of driver information and criminal history
- Carry a current auto insurance policy with driver’s name
- Own a smartphone of an Android 7 or higher or Apple that’s at least iOS 11
There’s also a DMV check and a criminal background check. Those criteria are:
- More than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Having a major moving violation
- A DUI or a violation involving drugs in last 7 years
- Felonies involving a vehicle or hit-and-run cases
Criminal Background Check
- Convictions for violent crimes, felonies, drug-related offense, sexual offense, or theft and property damage offenses
Driving for Lyft: Pros and Cons
Best Cities for Lyft Drivers
Thinking about using the Lyft referral code and start driving for Lyft? Here are some great cities to drive in if you’re starting out with the company.
Boston is one of the best cities to drive for Lyft because it is a popular destination for both business travelers and vacationers. Pick passengers up from the Boston Logan International and take them to places like Fenway Park, or pick shoppers up from Prudential Tower.
Ridesharing originated in San Francisco. Whether you are shuttling tourists from Ghiradelli Square to the Golden Gate Bridge or Chinatown or driving natives to catch a Giant’s game at the AT&T Park, Ridester has you covered with Lyft driver sign-up bonuses.
Visitors to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute of Chicago, and Grant Park all have to get home somehow, and Lyft is just the way to do it. With so much demand, you will surely keep your hands on the wheel.
New York City
Attractions such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Madison Square Garden keep tourists flocking into the city by the thousands. And if you are a local, take advantage of the traffic and use our exclusive Lyft driver promo code for a cash bonus.
Give a ride to people heading to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, the Dallas World Aquarium, or to the Pioneer Plaza to check out the cowboy and cattle statues.
The traffic in LA can’t really be considered a perk, but it gives plenty of opportunities for people who drive for Lyft. Nearby, there’s also a demand for drivers in Orange County, San Diego, and up north in Sacramento.
The city of brotherly love is always looking for qualified drivers, and a high demand of riders in the growing city means that there is a lot of work to go around for rideshare pros.
Colorado residents love taking Lyft, and they are offering competitive bonuses to get new people on the road in Denver.
Sin City has tons of tourists, always, and they’re all going to be looking for rides. While the city does have a strong taxi presence, there are always Lyft rides to go around for people who need to get around.
Visitors in our nation’s capital, as well as the 700,000 people who call the city home, need ways to get around, and many of them turn to Lyft. They offer exciting bonuses for new drivers to get on the road for Lyft.
Earn a Bonus By Signing Up With a Lyft Referral Code
Signing up with a Lyft referral code is a great way to earn extra money when you’re starting out as a Lyft driver. While the bonuses may vary by your location, and there may be different trip frequency requirements to hit that bonus, using a referral code can help you earn more quickly. Then, once you’re working with Lyft, using your own Lyft referral code can be a great way to earn additional money by signing up new drivers.