From app issues to delivery problems, there are different scenarios where an Amazon Flex driver might need help.
Read on to learn more about common Amazon Flex issues and how to contact Amazon Flex.
We’ll also share the Amazon Flex phone number you can call to speak to a live person.
Table Of Contents
How To Contact Driver Support
Amazon Flex can help with problems linked to deliveries, blocks, or the app itself.
Here are a few examples of how support can help:
- Support can deliver immediate help during a route. You can speak with a live agent if you can’t find an address or need to stop driving due to extreme weather conditions.
- If you run into an issue with a package that won’t scan, reaching out to support is your best option.
- An agent can also help with logging your deliveries if the app crashed and lost your records.
- You should call support if there is a problem with your block, such as a time frame that doesn’t make sense for the route.
- You can also reach out to support to have someone update your account information if you move, change your name, or need to update your insurance information.
- Support can also help with issues linked to your account, whether you’re unable to log in or want to appeal a decision to deactivate your account.
What Is the Amazon Driver Support Number?
The Amazon Flex phone number is 888-281-6906.
You can call between 8 A.M. and 9 P.M. PT, which translates to 11 A.M. to 12 A.M. EST.
You can also request a callback with the app.
Press the ‘?’ help button in the top right corner of your screen and confirm that you’d like a callback.
How Long Does It Take To Contact Amazon Flex?
As long as you’re calling during hours of operations, you should be able to speak to a customer service representative within 10 minutes.
However, wait times can be longer if there is a widespread issue with the app.
Getting a response via email can take three to five business days.
How To Use Amazon Flex Email Support
You can also contact Amazon Flex support via email at [email protected].
It can take a few days to get a response via email, which is why you should use this method for issues like contesting a notice that you didn’t deliver a package.
It’s best to email support from the email address you used to register with Amazon Flex.
Make sure you include your name and details regarding a delivery block or packages, if applicable.
If you received a notice that you failed to deliver a package, send a screenshot of this notice.
How To Fix the Most Common Flex Account Issues
Depending on the issue you’re experiencing, you might be able to use the built-in tools in the Amazon Flex app to solve your problem.
However, it’s important to know when to call support to get things resolved.
Onboarding typically takes one to three weeks.
Once Amazon Flex orders your background check, you should get the results in two to five business days.
Getting started with Amazon Flex is mostly about waiting.
Contacting support won’t speed things up.
If too many drivers are applying in your area, Amazon Flex might put you on a waitlist.
Unfortunately, support won’t be able to tell you when an independent contractor spot will open up.
There are a few situations where you should call support during the onboarding process:
- You made a mistake when filling out the initial application, such as making a typo with your name or entering the wrong date of birth. It’s important that Amazon Flex has the correct information on file since the delivery platform will verify your identity.
- You should reach out to support if you’re running into technical issues with the app. For instance, some applicants run into issues when uploading their driver’s license.
- If Amazon Flex rejects you, you can call support to ask for a copy of the records they used to make this decision. You will also need to communicate with support if you want to appeal the decision, for instance, if there are inaccuracies in your background check or motor vehicle report.
- You should also contact support if onboarding takes longer than five or six weeks since waiting for more than a month is unusual.
Amazon Flex Account Issues
If you can’t log into your Amazon Flex account because you lost your password, tap on ‘Sign in with Amazon’ and select ‘Forgot password’.
You will then receive an email with a link to reset your password.
You should call support if you don’t have access to the email address Amazon Flex has on file for your account.
You should also reach out to support immediately if you believe your Flex account is compromised, for instance, if someone stole your phone while you had an active session on the Flex app.
The most common account issues arise when a delivery driver receives a notice that Amazon deactivated their Flex account.
Flex workers can be permanently or temporarily out of work.
Amazon Flex will deactivate your account if you’re inactive for 180 days.
You can also end up with a deactivated account if you fail to deliver too many packages.
Your best option is to email support:
- If you can’t work due to inactivity, ask support to reactivate your account. You might have to go through the hiring process again if you didn’t work for several months.
- If Amazon Flex claims that you didn’t deliver some packages, email support to explain what happened and provide proof that you delivered the Amazon packages if applicable. As a delivery partner, you need to maintain a certain quality standard, and Amazon Flex can deactivate your account if customers mark too many of your packages as undelivered.
For other issues, like your rewards not showing up in your account or problems with earning cash back with the Flex credit card, you should email support.
Amazon Flex App Issues
There are a few troubleshooting steps you should follow to fix app issues:
- Check your phone’s connectivity and turn mobile data off and on again.
- Restart the app and restart your phone.
- Check for updates and reinstall the app.
- Wait an hour or so and try again.
- Make sure your phone meets the app requirements.
If you run into recurring issues with the app, you should email support with screenshots of the problems you’re experiencing.
You will probably get a generic answer, but it’s important for the tech team behind the app to know about these issues.
You should call support if there are app issues that affect your ability to work:
- Reach out to support if the facial verification feature isn’t working and is preventing you from getting started on your block.
- Call support right away if the app crashes during a route. You’ll speak to a live agent who can take over and tell you where to go next.
- If you can’t scan a package or record a delivery, call support to have them record the delivery.
- You should contact support if the app crashes and loses your delivery data. Ideally, you should keep your own records of the deliveries you make, so you can share this information with support.
It’s crucial to contact support if you can’t record a delivery because of technical issues with the app.
If the app doesn’t record a delivery, Amazon Flex will assume you failed to deliver the package and will deduct a point from your rating.
Unfortunately, delivering packages isn’t always easy.
Drivers can run into a wide range of problems and should contact support for immediate help if they can’t make a delivery.
Here are a few situations where you should call support:
- Delivering a package seems unsafe, for instance, if you can see potential porch pirates waiting in the area.
- You don’t feel safe walking up to someone’s door, for instance, if there is a loose dog.
- You were involved in an accident during your delivery route.
- Bad weather is making it unsafe to keep driving.
- There is road construction or another issue causing significant delays in your route. It’s a common issue in busy cities like New York or San Francisco.
Note that you can tap the help button in the top right corner of the app at any time and select ‘Unable to deliver’ to indicate that you couldn’t complete a delivery.
As you gain more experience driving with Amazon Flex, you’ll learn to recognize the situations where you should use this option.
However, it’s best to contact support to ask if it’s acceptable to use this option, especially if you’ve never encountered this situation before.
If Amazon Flex notifies you of a delivery issue via email with details about a package that the customer claimed they didn’t receive, you should email support with more details instead of calling.
Delivery Location Issues
Some addresses are difficult to find, especially in rural areas or in multifamily complexes.
And sometimes, customers don’t use a complete address when placing an order on Amazon.
You should call support if you can’t find a delivery address.
The live agent will be able to see your location on a map and will provide you with directions.
You should also reach out to support if you’re running into issues with a delivery that is causing you to go over time.
Amazon will sometimes pay you for going overtime, but you need to contact support and ask if working overtime is reasonable in this situation.
As an Amazon Flex driver, it’s important to know when to contact support.
You should call the Amazon Flex phone number if you run into issues during your delivery route or can’t access your account.
In other situations, it might be best to send an email.