So you want to delete Postmates account. But how?
In this article, we will discuss how to delete your Postmates account.
There are three easy methods for doing so, and we will go over each one in detail.
We will also explain why you might want to delete your account and provide some tips for completing the process.
So, whether you’re ready to say goodbye to Postmates forever or just need to take a break from the service, keep reading for all the information you need.
Can You Delete a Postmates Account?
Yes, you can delete your Postmates account. However, it’s a permanent action. You can’t undo it after 30 days of initiating the process.
Reasons To Delete Postmates Account
There are four main reasons for deleting a Postmates account.
- Relocating: If you’re moving to an area that Postmates doesn’t service, you’ll most likely want to delete your account.
- No Longer Driving for Postmates: You’ll probably want to delete your account if you’re no longer driving for Postmates.
- Got Deactivated: The final reason for deleting your Postmates account is that you got deactivated from the service. Getting deactivated can happen for several reasons, such as not completing enough deliveries or getting too many negative customer reviews.
Whatever the case may be, if you’re no longer able to use the service, then it’s best to delete the account.
What You’ll Need To Delete Your Postmates Account
You only need two items to delete a Postmates account.
1. Postmates Account
The first and most obvious thing you need to delete your Postmates account is an active Postmates account.
Here’s an important distinction that’s important to understand:
When you delete a Postmates account, you’re doing it on the UberEats platform. It’s because Uber purchased Postmates.
So if your Postmates account details match an Uber Eats account, this process will delete accounts on both platforms.
2. Device To Access & Delete Your Postmates Account
The second thing you need is a device that can access the internet and has the Postmates mobile app installed.
After that, you can delete your account from any device, including a smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer.
How To Cancel Your Postmates Subscription
You need to cancel a Postmates subscription before deleting your account. For instance, you might pay for the Postmates Unlimited membership to save money on delivery charges.
Canceling will prevent Postmates from charging the payment method on file.
You don’t want to keep getting charged without a way to cancel it. So be sure to cancel it before deleting your Postmates/UberEats account.
Here’s how to do it.
- Open your Postmates app on your smartphone
- Go to your Profile section
- Click on “Manage Unlimited Membership”
- Click on the “Manage Plan” tab
- Select “Cancel Membership”
- Click on the confirmation message
You can also delete a Postmates membership subscription on a laptop or desktop.
- Visit Postmates.com
- Login to your account by clicking on the “Login” button
- Select “Profile” on the next page
- Select “Account Setting”
- Select the “Cancel Renewal” from your membership area
- Click the confirmation message shown by Postmates
How To Delete the Postmates App
Follow these simple steps to delete your Postmates app from your smartphone.
It’s impossible to give you a tutorial that will work on all phones. Every type of phone is a bit different.
However, the main steps include the following.
- Find your phone’s “Setting” app
- Scroll through the account settings until you find “Apps” or “Applications”
- Look for your Postmates or UberEats app
- Click on “Uninstall”
- Most smartphones will ask you to confirm your desire to uninstall the app. Click to confirm, and the app will disappear from your phone
How To Delete Your Postmates Account
To delete your Postmates account, follow these steps.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Customers
You can log in via a laptop, desktop, or mobile phone.
Let’s start with how to delete your Postmates account on a computer.
- Login to the Uber website. To login to your Uber account, enter your email and password
- Enter the verification code Uber will text to your phone
- Tell Uber why you want to delete your account
- Click to confirm that you want to cancel the account
Some customers will get a message saying Uber can’t cancel the account now.
If you see this message, click on the “Contact Customer Service” button to contact the Uber/Postmates support staff.
You can then cancel by following their feedback. You can also delete your Postmates account from the Uber app.
- Open the Uber app
- Select “Menu” from the top left section of the account
- Choose “Settings” and then tap on “Privacy settings”
- Select “Delete Account”
- Confirm your decision.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drivers
Uber doesn’t differentiate between customers and Postmates drivers when canceling an account.
Drivers can cancel their accounts by following the above steps.
How To Erase Your Data on Postmates
Uber doesn’t provide specific instructions on deleting data from the Postmates platform or the Uber platform.
Instead, it gives us a vague statement on its account deletion page.
In essence, it says the company deletes your account permanently after 30 days. After that, Uber says it may keep some user information as permitted by law.
Deleting your Postmates account is a process you can do in a few simple steps, regardless of what type of phone you have. You can also complete the process on a computer.
Do you have more questions about the delete Postmates account process? Ask us in the comments.
If you’re ready to delete your account, follow the above steps to get it done now.