Grocery delivery usually costs $3.99-$10 plus potential service fees. Free delivery options often come with memberships.
Instacart offers free first delivery but has service fees; Amazon requires a Prime membership; Walmart+ members get free delivery over $35; Kroger has various membership options for free delivery.
Types of Delivery
Options include grocery pickup at stores and home delivery, either through local stores, Amazon Fresh, or meal kit services.
Promotions & Seniors
Many retailers offer short-term free delivery promotions. Doordash provides free delivery for seniors aged 60 and above.
- What Does Grocery Delivery Usually Cost?
- Types of Free Grocery Delivery
- Which Grocery Delivery Services Offer Free Delivery?
- Free Grocery Delivery Promotions
- Free Grocery Delivery for Seniors
- Wrapping Up
What Does Grocery Delivery Usually Cost?
Grocery delivery typically costs between $3.99 to $10, with some services like Instacart adding a 5% service fee.
Free grocery delivery removes these fees, often available with membership programs. For instance, Walmart+ members get free delivery for orders over $35 with an annual membership of $99.
Consider using free trials to see if memberships are cost-effective for your shopping habits.
Types of Free Grocery Delivery
There are two main types of free grocery delivery:
- Grocery Pickup: Most stores, like Walmart and Kroger, offer free grocery pickup for orders over $35-40. Simply order online or through their app and have items brought to your car at a chosen time.
- Home Delivery: While some local stores or Amazon Fresh offer free delivery with a membership, meal kit services like Blue Apron provide free shipping on plans over $40/week. These kits also simplify shopping as they send pre-selected meals.
Which Grocery Delivery Services Offer Free Delivery?
Explore these popular grocery retailers that offer free delivery options.
Does Instacart Have Free Grocery Delivery?
Instacart provides your first delivery at no charge. However, a 5% service fee might still apply. To enjoy consistent free delivery, consider joining Instacart Express. This membership offers free delivery for orders over $35 and a lower service fee.
Does Amazon Have Free Grocery Delivery?
Amazon provides free grocery delivery for orders ranging from $35 to $50, depending on your location. Note that some areas might not have Amazon Fresh delivery. You’ll need an Amazon Prime membership to qualify for any grocery delivery.
Does Walmart Have Free Grocery Delivery?
Walmart introduced its Walmart+ membership, which grants free delivery for orders over $35, encompassing more than just groceries. The subscription options are $12.95 monthly or $98 annually. If you’re on the fence, a 15-day free trial lets you test its worth.
Does Kroger Have Free Grocery Delivery?
Kroger, one of the leading grocery chains, presents various solutions for customers seeking free grocery delivery:
This convenient service specializes in delivering dry goods, pantry essentials, and bulk grocery items right to your doorstep. Typically, customers can expect their orders to arrive within 1-3 days. The best part? If your order exceeds $35, the shipping is completely free, making it a practical option for those planning their weekly grocery shopping or bulk purchases.
Boost by Kroger Plus
Going beyond just delivery, Kroger has introduced its exclusive membership program, Boost by Kroger Plus. This program comes in two tiers:
- Standard Membership: Priced at $59 per year, this option offers free delivery on orders over $35 and guarantees that your groceries will be with you within 24 hours. Additionally, members can benefit from double fuel points, which can lead to significant savings at the pump.
- Premium Membership: For those who value speed, the $99 annual membership delivers your groceries in as rapid a timeframe as 2 hours. Like the standard membership, it also includes the double fuel points perk.
These initiatives by Kroger highlight their commitment to providing flexible and cost-effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of their customer base.
Free Grocery Delivery Promotions
Free grocery delivery promotions are an excellent way to save. While these offers tend to be time-sensitive, grabbing them when available can make a noticeable difference in your grocery budget.
1. Target/Shipt Free Grocery Delivery Promotion
Target has teamed up with Shipt for its same-day grocery delivery. Though the regular membership costs $99 a year, they provide a 4-week promotional trial. This means you can enjoy a month of free grocery deliveries before deciding on the annual subscription.
2. Aldi Free Grocery Delivery Promotion
Aldi collaborates with Instacart for their delivery needs. While they don’t have a membership program, they’ve put forth a promo code (ALDI20) that entitles you to three free deliveries. Remember, your order should be at least $35 and must contain a minimum of five different products.
Related: How Aldi delivery works
3. Safeway First Order Free Grocery Delivery Promotion
Safeway often rolls out various promotions, which you can find on their website. One of their current offers grants a $20 discount and free delivery on your first order of $75 or more. Simply use the code SAVE20 at checkout.
4. Walmart $10 Off Grocery Delivery Promotion
If you’re a Walmart shopper, combine their $10 off promo with their 15-day free Walmart+ trial for maximum savings. With an order over $50, you can avail of this $10 discount on your first delivery. Use the codes WOWFRESH or SAVETIME to activate the offer.
5. Amazon Prime Free Month of Grocery Delivery Promotion
Amazon Fresh provides free delivery for Prime members on orders above $35. If you’re not already a member, consider the 1-month free Prime trial to enjoy this and many other benefits.
Free Grocery Delivery for Seniors
Doordash has teamed up with over 2,000 grocery stores to waive delivery fees for seniors aged 60 and above. Serving every major U.S. city and even some smaller towns, Doordash’s reach is expanding. Eligible customers can shop from both chain and independent local grocery stores, enjoying free delivery without any minimum order constraints.
There are tons of different ways to get your groceries delivered for free. You can get free grocery delivery for short-term perks through promotional offers and trial periods.
Of course, getting a membership with your favorite retailer may be beneficial in the long run to get continuous free grocery delivery. Try out some of the promo codes above and explore the memberships we mentioned to see which plan works best for you!