- Driver Perks: SuperShuttle drivers enjoy weekly payments, flexible schedules, and a 24-hour reservation service for steady bookings.
- Driver Requirements: Must be 21+, have a valid driver’s license with a clean record, good English proficiency, and strong people skills.
- Services Offered: Offer various rides like Shared Ride Shuttle, Black Car & SUV Service, and Non-Stop Shuttle for different traveler needs.
- Earning Potential: Average pay is around $18.12/hour, with earnings depending on hours worked and rides accepted.
- SuperShuttle Express: Airport Transportation for Leisure Travelers
- How SuperShuttle Works for Drivers
- Requirements to Become a SuperShuttle Airport Driver
- SuperShuttle Ground Transportation Services
- How Much Can I Earn As a SuperShuttle Driver?
- Final Thoughts
SuperShuttle Express: Airport Transportation for Leisure Travelers
SuperShuttle is a shared-ride airport transportation service that caters to the transportation needs of travelers headed to places within and outside the airport.
It’s a popular airport ride service that has dominated the niche, delivering affordable and comfortable transport.
To get a ride on SuperShuttle, passengers must make a reservation in advance on the SuperShuttle app or book a ride upon the arrival of their flight.
Depending on their transportation needs, budget, and destination, the passenger chooses any of the transport services on offer and gets assigned a shuttle driver.
How SuperShuttle Works for Drivers
If you’re interested in becoming a SuperShuttle franchisee by registering your vehicle on the platform, here’s a list of the most notable perks you’ll get to enjoy:
1. Enjoy Weekly Payments
Once you’ve registered and are successfully onboarded into the SuperShuttle franchise, your earnings are automatically sent to your bank account via direct deposit every week.
2. Work on Your Preferred Schedule
As a SuperShuttle driver, you’re an independent contractor. This means you can run your work schedule on your terms. You decide when you work, how long you work, and the way you’d like to operate.
3. Enjoy a Done-For-You 24-Hour Reservation Service
Worried about getting infrequent bookings? SuperShuttle has customer agents accepting bookings from travelers round the clock. While you focus on delivering excellent business, SuperShuttle will send travelers your way.
4. Don’t Stress About Grouping Travelers
SuperShuttle’s routing software and excellent GPS help effectively group passengers heading to similar routes. You don’t need to stress about making countless stops or merry-go-rounding the city to drop off groups of travelers.
5. Get Passengers Who Already Trust You
SuperShuttle has made a name for itself in the ridesharing world since it’s been in business for over 35 years.
This means you don’t have to work extra hard to build trust with your passengers. They already trust SuperShuttle and, by extension, they also trust you.
Related: Easy ways to get paid to drive
Requirements to Become a SuperShuttle Airport Driver
To start making trips and earning with SuperShuttle, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and positive references
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be dedicated to your business’ success
- Have excellent people and organizational skills
Note that the enrollment process takes about 16 – 20 days. Follow this link to begin your onboarding process.
SuperShuttle Ground Transportation Services
SupperShuttle is available in most of the major city airports in the United States, so you can offer rides on an airport closest to you.
These are the types of airport transportation services you can offer as a SuperShuttle operator:
The Shared Ride shuttle service is the most popular of all the SuperShuttle rides. It’s cost-effective for passengers as well as eco-friendly, a good choice for pocket-sensitive or leisure travelers headed in the same direction.
While doing this ride, you may need to make a few stops (usually not more than 3) to drop passengers off at their various destinations.
You should arrive two or three hours before the flight to pick up travelers heading to the airport.
To convey other travelers leaving from the airport to their destination, you must be waiting at the airport within 15 minutes of the scheduled pick-up time.
2. Black Car & Black SUV Service
The Black Car service or Black SUV service is an upscaled executive ride option provided by ExecuCar — a sister brand of SuperShuttle.
It’s a more private yet affordable service that offers travelers rides to and from the airport.
These vehicle options are more comfortable and luxurious and can be used for business or pleasure.
There are two pick-up options for travelers who booked a reservation for leaving the airport: Curbside rides and Meet-and-Greet rides.
- For Curbside rides, pick up the passenger from the curb when they arrive at the airport.
- For Meet-and-Greet rides, wait for the traveler with a sign at baggage claim. You must be dressed in professional attire. Upon arrival, you’re expected to assist the passengers with their luggage and escort them to the vehicle.
3. Non-Stop Shuttle or Express Ride
As the name suggests, you shuttle straight to your destination with no stops.
Travelers who book an Express ride typically have a busy or time-sensitive schedule, so they don’t take kindly to you making a few stops along the way.
Since it’s not a shared ride for groups of strangers, multiple stops are unnecessary in any case. This ride is mostly in high demand by family-sized groups, groups of tourist travelers, or people with lots of luggage.
How Much Can I Earn As a SuperShuttle Driver?
According to a popular job board, the average SuperShuttle hourly pay is about $18.12 in the U.S.
Like most independent businesses, your total earnings largely depend on how many hours you’re willing to put in and how many rides you accept.
SuperShuttle’s price model is different from other rideshare services in that your fee is designed with you and the passenger in mind.
It’s a decent rate that’s suitable enough to cover your business expenses while still allowing you to earn a fair profit.
SuperShuttle is an airport shuttling service that allows vehicle owners to earn a living from driving people to and from airports.
If you’re ready to start your shuttling franchise, visit the SuperShuttle website to fill in your details and sign up.
The company handles the booking and pays out weekly. All you should worry about is showing up on time for your travelers and delivering the best service you can!