- Grubhub allows real-time order tracking via app.
- Notifications update on order status; direct contact with driver possible.
- Issues? Contact Grubhub support for missing or late orders.
- Troubleshoot tracking by adjusting phone settings or contacting support.
- Does Grubhub Let You Track Your Order?
- How to Track a Grubhub Order
- Does Grubhub Notify You When Your Order is Delivered?
- Troubleshooting Grubhub Tracking Issues
- Frequently Asked Questions
Does Grubhub Let You Track Your Order?
Yes, Grubhub allows you to track your order in real-time. The service provides map tracking so you can see the exact location of your delivery and estimate how far it is from your address.
Whether the order has just left the restaurant or is a few minutes away, you can monitor its progress directly through the Grubhub app.
Related: How far does Grubhub deliver?
How to Track a Grubhub Order
When ordering from Grubhub and eagerly anticipating your meal, you have several convenient options to track your order’s journey to your doorstep:
- Map Tracking: Use the Grubhub app to view your order on a map, showing the driver’s location and progress towards your address.
- Grubhub Notifications: Receive text or email updates on the status of your food, including preparation, departure from the restaurant, and estimated delivery time.
- Contacting the Restaurant: If app notifications are not sufficient, directly contact the restaurant for the status of your order using the information provided in the Grubhub app.
- Contacting the Delivery Driver: Reach out to the driver via the contact details on the Grubhub app for real-time updates, especially if you face issues with other tracking methods.
Does Grubhub Notify You When Your Order is Delivered?
Yes, Grubhub sends out text messages or emails when your food delivery order is at your residence and delivered.
If you are not receiving any notifications via the Grubhub mobile app, you may need to turn off the “Do Not Disturb” feature or turn off any apps in the background of your mobile device.
You can also turn off “battery saver” mode or turn on your cellular data while ensuring WiFi is turned off.
What Happens If Your Grubhub Order Doesn’t Come?
If your Grubhub order doesn’t show up or it’s late, then you’ll need to reach out to Grubhub customer support by calling them via phone at this number: +1 (877) 585-1085.
Once you reach a customer care representative, explain the problem regarding your food delivery order. Let them know if it hasn’t arrived or if it arrived very late. Now, you can also request a refund.
The last step is just waiting until Grubhub sends you an email with an answer regarding your refund.
Troubleshooting Grubhub Tracking Issues
If something is going wrong with tracking your Grubhub food delivery order or your delivery is taking too long to show up, you may need to take some steps to troubleshoot these issues.
Below, we discuss the reasons your tracking notifications or mapping feature may not be working and how you can solve the problems.
1. Why Can’t I Track my Order?
Multiple things may go wrong and make it impossible for you to track your delivery order.
If you aren’t receiving any notifications, you may have the “Do Not Disturb” function on or the “battery saver” mode on. You’ll have to turn off both to ensure notifications start working.
If your map functionality isn’t working, then your Grubhub driver may have issues on their end. Grubhub drivers need to turn on their settings to align with the following:
- “Cellular Data” should be “On”
- “Location Settings” should state “Always”
- The “Background App Refresh” should say “On”
2. Grubhub Delivered to Wrong House
If you found out that the Grubhub driver delivered your food to the wrong house or residence, then you can take a few different steps to get your food to your home.
First, you should try to contact the driver to see if they can pick up your meal from the wrong address and deliver it to the right place.
If you can’t contact the driver, you’ll need to call customer support (877- 585-1085) and report the problem to get a refund.
3. Grubhub Says Delivered But Not Here
Grubhub users have sometimes seen the mobile app state that the driver delivered the food, but it was not at the door. Often, this might be because the driver left the food at the wrong address.
The solution is to try calling the restaurant to see if the driver picked up the food. If the driver picked up the order, then contact the driver to see what went wrong.
You can also get a refund from Grubhub.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Grubhub do refunds?
Yes, Grubhub will listen to your issue and then send you an email outlining whether you will receive a refund or not.
If the driver did not deliver your food or delivered it much too late, then you’ll get a refund. All you need to do is call +1 (877) 585-1085 to get a refund.
Can Grubhub leave food at the door?
During the pandemic, contact-free delivery has become a more common request among UberEats or Grubhub users. You can request that the Grubhub driver leave your food at the door, in your lobby, or in another part of the delivery location.