Have you ever found yourself craving a coffee when you’re stuck at work or can’t get to your favorite coffee shop for another reason?
The next time you need a mid-morning pick-me-up or late-night caffeine fix, you can order Starbucks via DoorDash.
Here’s what you need to know about ordering Starbucks on DoorDash.
Is Starbucks on DoorDash?
Yes, DoorDash recently partnered with Starbucks to offer delivery for the coffee chain.
DoorDash is currently working on expanding this service on a national scale.
It’s possible that Starbucks delivery might not be available yet for your city, but DoorDash will roll out this feature later in 2023.
Which Delivery Apps Have Starbucks?
DoorDash isn’t the only food delivery app where you can get Starbucks.
As the largest coffee chain in the U.S., Starbucks has always been a lucrative partner for delivery apps.
Uber Eats was the first food delivery service to partner with Starbucks in 2018.
This partnership has been profitable for Starbucks, with the coffee chain reporting an increase of more than 200% in delivery sales during Q4 2020.
Coffee isn’t the only menu item proving to be popular on Uber Eats.
Starbucks recently ended its exclusive partnership with Uber Eats and announced that it would also offer delivery through DoorDash.
DoorDash is one of the most popular food delivery services, with over 390,000 restaurants and grocery stores available.
Are you wondering if Grubhub delivers Starbucks? Unfortunately, the answer is no.
However, if you need a caffeine fix, this delivery app has partnerships with a few other coffee chains.
You can order from Tim Horton’s, Dunkin’, and thousands of local coffee shops.
In fact, coffee orders increased by 100% on Grubhub in 2021.
Which Delivery Service Is Best for Starbucks?
Uber Eats and DoorDash charge similar delivery fees.
DoorDash typically charges $1.99 to $5.99 per order, even though delivery fees are as high as $6.82 when attempting to order from a nearby Starbucks.
Uber Eats charges $0.49 to $7.99 per order.
The best delivery service for Starbucks depends on your location and on whether DoorDash offers this service in your location.
As of February 2023, you can order Starbucks via DoorDash in Texas, Georgia, Florida, Northern California, and a few other markets.
How Long Does Starbucks Take to Deliver?
It depends on the time of day, how busy your local Starbucks store is, and whether there are any nearby delivery drivers when you place your order online or via an app.
The average time for a Starbucks barista to complete an order is three minutes, and your DoorDash driver will typically take 30 to 40 minutes to bring you your coffee.
How Much Does DoorDash Starbucks Cost?
You can expect to pay $12 to $17 for a breakfast sandwich and a beverage.
The menu prices are higher compared to what you would pay in stores for some items, but pricing aligns with what Uber Eats offers.
The cost of an order can vary because of the way DoorDash calculates delivery fees based on your location.
When you order from DoorDash, the app charges different fees:
- There is a service fee based on the total amount of your order. This fee starts at $0.60. It shouldn’t be more than a few dollars unless you place a large coffee order for several people.
- The delivery fee accounts for the bulk of what DoorDash charges. It can range from $2 to $5, but we’ve found that it can be higher. You can qualify for a $0 delivery fee if you are a DashPass member.
- In some cases, DoorDash will charge a small order fee of $2.50. You’ll likely pay this fee if you place an order for a single beverage.
- You’ll also have to tip your dasher, pay taxes, and pay any additional fees required by your state.
Are the Prices Higher on DoorDash?
The prices are higher compared to ordering from Starbucks in person since you’re paying delivery fees, and some menu items cost more online.
However, prices are similar to what you would pay on Uber Eats.
Since DoorDash and Uber Eats are the only delivery services that partner with Starbucks, there aren’t many options available if you want to look for the cheapest delivery apps.
Both services offer a membership that includes free delivery.
So depending on the app you use the most, subscribing to DashPass or Uber One will help you save on Starbucks coffee deliveries.
What to Remember When Making an Order
There are a few things to keep in mind when placing an order on DoorDash:
- Starbucks isn’t available in every city yet.
- Make sure to select the nearest Starbucks store to avoid additional delivery fees.
- It can take up to 40 minutes to get your food, which means some items might not be piping hot.
- Don’t forget to tip your dasher!
Notifications Are From the App, Not Starbucks
The DoorDash app will keep you updated through notifications.
You’ll receive a confirmation that the store has received your order and will be able to track the progress of your driver.
However, the DoorDash app doesn’t show you notifications from the Starbucks store.
If there is an issue at the store, you’ll get an update from your dasher once they get there.
Menu Many Not Be Up-to-Date
DoorDash doesn’t always have up-to-date menus.
It might take a few days for new items to appear in the app.
How to Order DoorDash Starbucks
Ordering Starbucks on DoorDash is easy:
- If you don’t already have the DoorDash app, install it on your phone.
- Create a DoorDash account and enter your delivery address.
- On the homepage, use the search field to look up ‘Starbucks’ or ‘coffee.’
- Look for the closest Starbucks location in the list of results and tap on it.
- Select the menu items you want and tap on the checkout button at the bottom of the screen once you’ve added everything you want.
- A checkout screen will appear with your order total. Click Continue, review your DoorDash Starbucks order, and tap Place Order.
Starbucks is a new addition to DoorDash, and it will likely become a popular delivery option as it continues to roll out across the country.
Prices are similar compared to Uber Eats, but DoorDash can be the best option if the app has more drivers in your area since it will lower the delivery fees.