- Uber Monthly Pass offers discounts on rides, Uber Eats orders, and priority service for a monthly fee.
- Benefits include reduced fares on rides, free delivery on Uber Eats orders over $15, and more.
- Available in eligible U.S. cities, excluding California due to legal disputes.
- Cost is $24.99 per month in the U.S., with varying fees in other countries.
- What is Uber Pass?
- Is the Monthly Uber Pass Worth It?
- Uber Monthly Ride Pass vs. Other Programs
- How to Sign Up for Uber’s Monthly Pass
- Is it Easy to Cancel Uber’s Monthly Pass?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Uber Pass?
Uber Pass is a monthly subscription service available in eligible U.S. cities, offering benefits for both Uber rides and Uber Eats.
It provides discounts on various Uber rides, including 10% off UberX and similar services, 15% off premium rides like Uber Comfort, and benefits such as free shipping on Uber Eats orders over $15, priority airport pickups, and a more flexible refund policy.
The service also includes quicker customer service response times and automatically renews every month, but can be canceled at any time. Additionally, customers will not have a limit on the number of rides that they can use per month.
In the United States, the Uber customer pays $24.99 per month for an Uber Monthly Pass. In other countries, the Uber Pass subscription fee varies.
Uber Pass aims to offer value similar to Amazon Prime, enhancing the user experience for frequent users of Uber’s ride-sharing and food delivery services.
Is the Monthly Uber Pass Worth It?
The value of the Monthly Uber Pass largely depends on your usage patterns of Uber rides and Uber Eats orders.
If you frequently use Uber for rides or regularly order food through Uber Eats, the Uber Pass could offer significant savings, potentially outweighing the monthly subscription cost of $24.99.
The pass is especially beneficial if you find yourself using Uber services daily, as the discounts on rides and food deliveries can accumulate to surpass the subscription fee by the end of the month.
However, the Uber Pass may not be worthwhile if your lifestyle doesn’t align with its benefits.
For instance, if you work from home and seldom need to travel, spending around $25 monthly primarily for food delivery services might not be justifiable.
Similarly, if your use of Uber rides and Uber Eats is infrequent, the cost of maintaining the subscription could exceed the benefits you receive, making it advisable to consider canceling the pass.
Additionally, it’s important to consider factors like your typical spend on Uber rides, alternatives like public transport costs, and whether the pass covers surge pricing, as these could influence the pass’s value to you.
Uber Monthly Ride Pass vs. Other Programs
The Uber Ride Pass is part of the Uber Monthly Subscription that protects the ride prices of Uber customers.
Whether they experience unexpected external events, such as weather, traffic, surge pricing, or other interruptions, the cost of their Uber ride won’t be affected.
The Uber Ride Pass is valid in several eligible cities across the United States.
It offers a flat fixed rate up until a limit distance, and it discounts the longest rides.
An Uber Ride Pass costs $24.99 a month and covers UberX service or UberPool service in eligible U.S. cities, most of which are major cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Austin, and more.
Ride Pass vs. Uber Rewards
Compared with the Uber Ride Pass, Uber Rewards lets you earn 2 points for every eligible money you spend on an Uber service, including UberX, Uber XL, Uber Green, Uber WAV/Assist, Uber Comfort, Uber Select, Uber Pet, and Uber Connect Trips.
Plus, you can earn 3 points for every eligible money you spent on Uber Black and Uber Black SUV trips.
Ride Pass vs. Uber Credit Card
Compared with the Uber Ride Pass, Uber Credit Card is designed for very loyal Uber customers.
If you spend a heavy amount of time per week riding with Uber or ordering through Uber Eats, then the Uber Credit Card allows you to earn and redeem rewards easily.
However, the card feature is limited in redemption choices, making it less beneficial to those who hardly use Uber.
How to Sign Up for Uber’s Monthly Pass
Signing up for Uber’s Monthly Pass is a straightforward process that can be done directly through the Uber app on both iPhone and Android devices.
Follow these steps to subscribe:
- Open the Uber App: Launch the app and log in to your account.
- Access Menu: Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner.
- Locate Uber Pass: Search for “Uber Pass” or “Ride Pass” in the menu. If it’s not there, it might not be available in your area.
- Ensure App is Updated: The latest version of the Uber app is required to sign up.
- Select and Purchase: Tap “GET A PASS,” review the details and terms, and ensure your preferred payment method is selected.
- Confirm Purchase: Tap “Buy” to confirm. Note: If you have an Uber Eats Pass, you may need to unsubscribe from it first.
- Enjoy Benefits: After confirmation, you can start using the benefits of your Uber Pass immediately.
Remember, the availability of the Uber Pass may vary by location, and terms can change, so it’s always a good idea to check the latest information in the Uber app or on the Uber website.
Is it Easy to Cancel Uber’s Monthly Pass?
Cancelling your Uber Monthly Pass is straightforward. Just follow these steps to stop the auto-renewal of your subscription:
- Open the Uber app on your device.
- Tap on “Account” to access your profile options.
- Select “Uber Pass” to view your subscription details.
- Look for the “auto-renew” option and toggle it off.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Confirm your decision by clicking “disable”.
Once you’ve done this, your Uber Pass will not renew after the current billing cycle ends. However, you can still enjoy your Pass benefits until this period is over.
Important Tip: Uber suggests cancelling at least 48 hours before your next scheduled payment to avoid being charged for another month, as refunds are not available once a payment has been processed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why was I charged for an Uber Ride Pass?
You were likely charged for an Uber Ride Pass because the ‘auto-renew’ feature was enabled, automatically renewing the subscription for another billing period.
To resolve this, use the ‘Contact Support’ button found at the bottom of the Uber app’s menu, though there may be a wait time.
Why am I getting charged $24.99 for Uber?
If you encounter a charge of $24.99 USD from Uber, it is likely for the Uber Monthly Pass subscription.
I have a monthly pass with Uber and I selected a destination. Can I change it afterward?
Yes, with an Uber Pass, you can change your trip’s final destination anytime before the driver ends the trip. After initially setting a destination, simply tap ‘Enter’ in the destination bar and type in the new address to update it.