Requirements Every Spark Driver Must Meet
Spark delivery drivers are independent contractors, meaning they’re neither Walmart’s nor Spark’s employees.
To become a driver, you can sign up on the Spark driver platform after ensuring you meet the driver requirements, which include:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have valid automobile insurance
- Must have authorization to work in the US
- Must have an iOS or Android smartphone
- Need to consent to a background check
- Need to have at least one year of driving experience
In addition to these driver requirements, you’ll also need a clean and reliable vehicle. Thankfully, unlike Amazon Flex and Uber, Spark is more lenient with its vehicle requirements.
You can use whichever car you have, provided you register it so your orders match your vehicle size.
This also helps Walmart customers and associates recognize you when you show up for deliveries, improving your efficiency.