Uber has expanded their rideshare services to include ride modes for all your needs.
You can book an Uber Pool to carpool with others to save money or request an Uber SUV to get the whole group from place to place.
They’ve also expanded to offer some extra perks with Uber Comfort.
Table Of Contents
- What Is Uber Comfort?
- What’s So Great About Uber Comfort?
- Where Is Uber Comfort Available?
- What Can a Rider Expect From Uber Comfort?
- What Can a Driver Expect From Uber Comfort?
- How Much Can Drivers Make With Uber Comfort?
- I’m an Uber Driver: Does My Car Qualify for Uber Comfort?
- UberX vs Uber Comfort: What’s the Difference?
- Uber Comfort FAQs
- Is Uber Comfort Worth It?
- Wrapping Up
What Is Uber Comfort?
Uber Comfort is the ride mode that transports you to your destination in a large, clean car with extra legroom.
Not only can you stretch out and relax, but you can also request a set temperature for ultimate comfort.
People who avoid Ubers because they don’t want to make small talk with the driver will love Uber Comfort’s quiet ride option.
You have a say in how much your driver talks without the awkwardness of saying it to their face.
What’s So Great About Uber Comfort?
Uber Comfort brings in a lot of the features that were only available with more upscale services like Uber Black SUV.
You’ll pay more for an Uber Comfort than you would a standard Uber, but you don’t have to pay as much as you would for the luxury options.
For a slightly higher cost, you get amazing benefits.
1. Reserve Advanced Rides
You can reserve rides up to 30 days in advance with Uber Comfort.
You can choose any day and time and have your travel taken care of.
Anytime you book a ride ahead of time, you get your price locked in, so this is a great deal.
2. Quiet Rides
Passengers who book a ride through Uber Comfort can request certain settings for their trip.
One of the biggest features is asking for a quiet ride.
You can still greet them to ensure you’re picking up the right person, but you don’t have to make conversation for the whole trip.
3. Uber Comfort Cars and Car List
Only certain cars are eligible for Uber Comfort because they must give the passenger a relaxing ride.
These cars should have more legroom and headroom than standard cars.
Some approved cars include the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Jaguar XJ, Lexus EG, and Porsche Cayenne.
You can find the full approved car list below.
4. Extended Uber Comfort Pick-up Times
Most Uber drivers only wait one or two minutes before they start charging you or cancel your Uber ride.
But with Uber Comfort, you don’t have to worry about that.
Your driver will wait up to 10 minutes for you to get to the vehicle.
Where Is Uber Comfort Available?
Uber Comfort is available in many cities across the United States and Canada.
Some cities include:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington, DC
The service is also available across the entire states of New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
What Can a Rider Expect From Uber Comfort?
Uber Comfort caters to the rider.
You’re able to book a spacious vehicle up to 30 days in advance, so you don’t have to worry about finding an available driver.
Since you can also specify your preferred temperature and conversation level, you know your trip will be relaxing.
What Can a Driver Expect From Uber Comfort?
Drivers need to keep their newer vehicles clean and have to check each passenger’s requirements before pick-up.
You want to make sure that you have the car at the right temperature before the passenger gets in so they won’t have to wait for it to level out.
If your passenger prefers silence, you need to respect their wishes.
It can feel awkward to sit in a car with someone and not say a word, but since it’s what they requested, you’ll have to push through the discomfort.
How Much Can Drivers Make With Uber Comfort?
For these minor troubles mentioned above, drivers will get paid more.
The ride itself costs more, so the driver’s base pay increases accordingly.
You’re held to standards similar to a professional driver, so you get paid as such.
Since the passengers are getting everything they want from the trip, it’s expected that they’d tip more.
You’re never guaranteed a tip when you’re driving for rideshare services, but ensuring that your vehicle suits your passenger’s needs makes it very likely.
Related: How much do Uber drivers make?
I’m an Uber Driver: Does My Car Qualify for Uber Comfort?
Vehicles on this type of service must meet the Uber car requirements set in place by the company.
At the base level, cars eligible for Uber Comfort must also meet the same requirements of an UberX vehicle.
That list states that vehicles:
- Should be newer than seven years
- Have four doors that passengers can open independently
- Seat four passengers, plus the driver
- Aren’t salvaged or rebuilt vehicles and have no cosmetic damage
- Pass an inspection by a licensed mechanic
To further qualify for Uber Comfort, vehicles should:
- Be clean on the inside and outside
- Have working A/C and heat
- Provide extra leg and headroom
Certain cities have additional requirements in terms of what vehicles can pass inspection.
You can find the necessary information on Uber’s city list.
Uber Comfort Car List
There are no compact cars on the Uber Comfort list because they don’t offer enough leg or headroom.
This list includes most makes and models of cars eligible for Uber Comfort.
The newer the model, the better.
View Uber Comfort car list
- Acura: ILX, MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX
- Alfa Romeo: Stelvio
- Audi: A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7, Q8, e-tron, S6, S7, S8, SQ5, SQ7, A6 Avant, A8 L, Q9, SQ8
- Bentley: Flying Spur, Bentayga, Mulsanne
- BMW: 5-series, 7-series, ActiveHybrid 5, Alpina B7, M5, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, 5-Series Gran Turismo, 7-Series 745e, 740i
- Buick: Enclave, LaCrosse, Regal, Regal Sportback, Regal TourX
- Cadillac: CT5, CT6, CTS, Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX, STS, XTS, XT4, XT5, XT6
- Chevrolet: Tahoe, Suburban, Blazer, Equinox, Impala, Trailblazer, Traverse, Malibu
- Chrysler: 300, 200, Aspen, Pacifica
- Dodge: Durango, Ram 2500, Caravan, Grand Caravan
- Ford: Expedition, Mustang Mach-E, Edge, Excursion, Explorer, Flex, F-150, Escape, Fusion, Fusion Energi
- Genesis: G70, G80, G90
- GMC: Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon XL Denali, Acadia, Acadia Denali, Terrain
- Honda: Pilot, Accord, Accord Hybrid, Clarity, Clarity Electric, Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, CR-V, CR-V Hybrid, Odyssey
- Hyundai: Equus, Genesis, Genesis G70, Santa Fe, Santa Fe Sport, Santa Fe XL, Palisade, Tucson, Tucson Fuel Cell, Kona, Kona EV, Kona Hybrid
- Infiniti: Q70, QX50, QX60, QX70, QX80
- Jaguar: XF, XJ, I-Pace, F-Pace
- Jeep: Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler
- Kia: K900, Sorento, Sportage, Telluride, Sedona, Sportage R
- Land Rover: Discovery, LR4, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar, Range Rover Vogue, Range Rover Evoque, Discovery Sport
- Lexus: ES, GS, GX, LS, LX, NX, RX, RXL, ES Hybrid, GS Hybrid, NX Hybrid, RX Hybrid
- Lincoln: Aviator, Continental, MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Nautilus, Navigator, Corsair
- Maserati: Quattroporte
- Mazda: CX-5, CX-9, MAZDA5, MAZDA6
- Mercedes-Benz: E-Class, G-Class, GL-Class, GLA-Class, GLB-Class, GLC-Class, GLE-Class, GLK-Class, GLS-Class, ML-Class, M-Class, S-Class, E-Class Wagon, EQC, E350e, GLC Coupe, GLE Coupe
- Mitsubishi: Outlander, Outlander Sport, Outlander PHEV
- Nissan: Armada, Murano, Pathfinder, Rogue, Quest
- Porsche: Cayenne, Panamera
- Subaru: Ascent, Legacy, Outback, Forrester
- Tesla: Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y
- Toyota: 4Runner, Avalon, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Sienna, Venza
- Volkswagen: Arteon, Atlas, Tiguan, Touareg, Passat, Passat GTE
- Volvo: S90, XC40, XC60, XC90, S90 Hybrid, XC40 Electric, XC60 Hybrid, XC90 Hybrid
UberX vs Uber Comfort: What’s the Difference?
UberX is the standard rideshare option, and Uber Comfort is a step up.
Understandably, they differ in certain ways but read on to find the specific differences between these two services.
1. Price Differences
Uber Comfort is slightly more expensive than UberX.
Since you’re getting a newer, larger car and have the chance to specify comfort preferences, you’re paying for these advantages.
Across most major cities like New York, it seems like the base fare is anywhere from $0.30 to $0.75 higher in Uber Comfort compared to UberX.
Per-minute and mile increases are typically 30 to 40% higher.
Uber is available in most cities in the United States.
More populated cities have more drivers, of course.
But even then the availability of specific ride modes can differ.
There are more UberX drivers because they only have to pass a bare minimum of requirements.
This isn’t to say that you won’t get a great rideshare driver, because everyone has to undergo a background check.
But you don’t know your driver’s average rating or car condition until they pull up in front of you.
There aren’t as many Uber Comfort drivers because they need to have a 4.85 driver’s rating after completing at least 100 trips.
These rideshare drivers also need clean, spacious, newer cars, so not as many vehicles apply.
3. Rideshare Wait Times
Unless you’re at an airport or want a ride to or from a popular event, you usually won’t have to wait long for an UberX driver to pick you up.
Everyone who drives for Uber’s ride-sharing service can pick up a passenger who books an UberX, even if they have a vehicle that qualifies them for more luxurious rides.
They want to have a passenger so they’ll take what’s available.
The pool of Uber Comfort drivers is already limited compared to Uber X, so you might have a longer wait time.
But with the opportunity to book an Uber Comfort up to 30 days in advance, you can ensure you get a driver.
Once you book the ride, your price is set and you know a driver will be available at that time.
4. Rider Preferences
Booking with UberX doesn’t give you much in terms of rider preferences.
You can determine where you’re picked up and dropped off, but that’s about it.
You don’t know what type of car you’ll get, how hot or cool it’ll be in the vehicle, or how chatty your driver will be.
Uber Comfort ensures you’re getting a ride in a newer car with a spacious interior so you won’t feel cramped.
You’re also able to request a temperature setting and conversation level with the driver.
Uber Comfort FAQs
You know the perks offered when you book an Uber Comfort.
But you might be wondering if you can get this Uber service in your area, and how to set your preferences.
Read on for the answers to these frequently asked questions.
Is Uber Comfort Available Everywhere?
No, Uber Comfort isn’t yet available everywhere.
Riders have this option in many cities around the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, the United Kingdom, and more.
You can check Uber’s site to see what ride modes are available in your area.
How Do I Make Requests to My Uber Comfort Driver Before a Ride?
Book the ride in the app and you’ll see “Ride Preferences.”
The options for temperature and conversation are in this section.
You can choose the temperature setting, like cool, warm, or no preference.
The quiet ride feature is under the section called “conversation.”
You can select “happy to chat,” “quiet preferred,” or “no preference.”
Is Uber Comfort Worth It?
There are a lot of good things about booking an Uber Comfort trip.
But is it worth it, for both passengers and drivers?
For Rideshare Users
Yes, Uber Comfort is well worth the price for rideshare users.
If you want a comfortable trip to your destination in terms of the car itself, you’ll get that with Uber Comfort vehicles.
The icing on the cake is being able to set your temperate and quiet levels.
Since they are held to certain standards, you’ll get experienced drivers when you book Uber Comfort trips.
You’ll feel like you’re getting a chauffeured car without paying much more than you would for a standard Uber.
For Uber Drivers
As long as you’ve driven 100 trips and have a rating of 4.85, you’re eligible for Uber Comfort.
Once your vehicle is approved, you can start picking up Uber Comfort riders.
Since these Uber riders are paying more for your upscale service, you can expect bigger tips, making it worth driving for Uber Comfort.
Uber continues to stay at the top of the rideshare game by offering a variety of services.
Uber Comfort is a great ride mode because it gives passengers a comfortable trip without charging too much.
If you want to ride in a spacious car with your exact preferences, booking an Uber Comfort is the way to go.
2 thoughts on “Uber Comfort: Car List, Pricing, and More”
How does a driver know he or she qualifies and when a comfort ride choice is selected?
Utopian tale. My car is not “spacious”. You must wait for the passenger to show up, up to 10 minutes. Most confort riders will not tip the driver. No worth it. I disabled it.