- Book shifts in advance to secure desired times, especially during peak hours. Scheduling opens daily at midnight, with slots filling quickly.
- While you can dash anytime, “Dash Now” availability varies based on demand and driver numbers. Top Dashers have more flexibility but require a 95% completion rate.
- Gain early access to schedule six days in advance by meeting specific criteria, such as a 4.6 customer rating and 95% completion rate, enabling you to work during prime hours.
- Optimize earnings by working during rush hours (lunch and dinner times) and utilizing Early Access for prime time slots. Be adaptable and regularly check for available shifts.
Understanding the DoorDash Scheduling System
DoorDash scheduling system is a handy feature for all dashers. It allows you to book your shifts in advance.
That way, you can adjust your working hours according to your availability. Not to mention, it’s a great feature to make use of the busiest times and earn more money. But what about DoorDashing anytime?
Generally, after becoming a DoorDash driver, you can complete deliveries whenever you please.
However, the “Dash Now” feature isn’t always available. It can vary depending on the number of drivers and demand within your area.
Sure, Top Dashers can Dash Now regardless of demand. Still, you need to meet certain criteria to enjoy these benefits. This includes having a completion rate of at least 95%. That can be difficult to achieve if you’re a new Dasher.
To ensure a steady income, it’s best to book your shifts in advance. Typically, scheduling is available every day at midnight. You can log into your app and pick the desired time slots.
It’s worth mentioning that some areas fill up quickly, even when you open the app on time. That’s especially true during the holidays.
In that case, you’ll need to check later when additional time slots are available.
How to Set Your Schedule on DoorDash
Since DoorDash has real-time updating, the app will tell you when “Dash Now” is available. Otherwise, it’s best to schedule your trips to ensure a steady profit. The good news is that setting up your DoorDash schedule is as easy as pie.
Of course, make sure to meet the requirements to be eligible.
Generally, scheduling runs from 12:00 am Friday to 11:59 pm on Thursday every week. To qualify for this feature, maintain a high acceptance rate of at least 25%.
After you achieve this, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the DoorDash app and go to the Schedule tab. Alternatively, press “Schedule a Dash” if it’s available instead of “Dash Now.”
- In the “Available tab,” pick the day you want to dash.
- Choose your start and end times for the shift. If your preferred time isn’t there, check back later or try another starting point.
- Press “Save Dash” to confirm your selection.
How Many Schedules Can You Work for DoorDash?
The maximum hours you can work for DoorDash vary depending on your area. Generally, you can’t dash for more than 12 hours straight in a day. You need a six-hour break to continue using the app.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t schedule for more than 12 hours. For instance, you can choose several available slots and break your working day on multiple shifts.
Early Access Scheduling
If you dash in a busy area, you probably know the pain of missing out on the best shifts.
Even when you access the app on time, it can take a few minutes for your preferred slot to be full. Early Access Scheduling is here to turn the tables in your favor!
Through this feature, you can access the Dasher schedule six days in advance! That means you can reserve your spot at the busiest times and work during prime hours.
The best part is that using Early Access Scheduling is a breeze. Follow the same steps for selecting a slot on the app. However, instead of checking at midnight, this feature allows you to choose every day at 3 pm.
How Do You Qualify for Early Access Scheduling?
To unlock scheduling in advance, you need to meet a few criteria. These include:
- Customer rating of at least 4.6
- Completion rate of 95% or more
- 500 lifetime deliveries completed on the platform
Keep in mind that if you qualify during the week, your golden ticket to Early Scheduling won’t start until the following Friday.
Now, what if you didn’t make the cut? No worries! You can still access regular scheduling at 12 am, which provides a 5-day look-ahead.
Strategies for Selecting Time Slots
Although choosing your preferred time slots is a good way to start dashing, that doesn’t guarantee the highest earnings.
You need to leverage prime hours to increase your income.
As you might have guessed, lunch and dinner rush hours are the best times to drive with DoorDash. That’s usually between 10:30 am and 1:30 pm during lunch.
As for dinner, the rush kicks in between 4:30 pm and 8 pm. However, on the weekends, peak hours can extend to 9 pm.
Capitalizing on those bustling hours can help you complete more deliveries within a short period.
Make sure to hit the road 30 minutes before or after these time slots for maximum orders.
Now, since those crowded hours are in demand, booking a spot on the app can be challenging. Here’s a schedule hack to ensure you don’t miss those lucrative opportunities:
- Set an alarm for 2:59 pm each day.
- Open the app at that time.
- Go to “Schedule” and refresh every few seconds.
- Grab the entire slot that pops. For example, it could be from 6:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Edit the schedule to fit the hours you intend to work.
Managing and Adjusting Your Schedule
Life is unpredictable, and you may need to adjust or delete your schedule because of an unexpected event.
Luckily, you don’t have to worry about penalties. You can change your schedule to suit your needs within the app!
Here’s how to do this simple process in a few steps:
- Open the DoorDash app and navigate to the “Schedule tab.”
- Tap on the day you’ve booked.
- Select the Dash you’d like to edit.
- Select the new time you prefer.
- Click “Done” and then “Save Dash.”
- Alternatively, tap on “Delete” in the top right corner to remove this time slot.
Maximizing Earnings with Smart Scheduling
Sure, strategic scheduling during rush hours can help you get more orders on DoorDash. However, the peak hours alone won’t cut it. You need careful planning to increase your profit.
Here are a few tips to help you maximize your DoorDash earnings:
1. Leverage Promotions and Challenges
Lunch and dinner aren’t the only rush hours. The holidays are also an excellent time for Dashers to pick up many orders.
Even if there are no occasions, many users partake in DoorDash challenges and promotions. These events offer subscribers credit or discounts for fulfilling order quotas. Working during these periods can help you maximize your earnings.
2. Don’t Stay in a Single Spot
Standing outside a busy restaurant doesn’t mean more orders. Generally, drivers within a two- or three-mile radius of the pickup location have priority. Not to mention, Early Access or Top Dashers can keep these areas out of business for other drivers.
Instead, park near a strategic spot with multiple dining options, like a mall.
Don’t be afraid to take on multiple orders at once. You can choose “Add Order to Route” if a Dash is near your delivery location and increase your earnings!
3. Know Which Deliveries to Avoid
Being selective about your deliveries is a strategic plan to maximize your DoorDash earnings. As you know, not all orders are equal. As a rule of thumb, accept orders that pay at least $2 per mile and prioritize those exceeding $7.
Try to avoid time-consuming, low-paying, and declined orders. Among these deliveries are grocery runs or fast-food drive-throughs.
Aside from that, don’t be afraid to ditch orders. If you need to wait 20 minutes or more at the restaurant, it’s best to cancel the request. Don’t make it a habit, though, since that can lead to deactivation.
Balancing Flexibility and Consistency
DoorDash’s flexibility can be a double-edged weapon. While it offers your freedom, without strategic scheduling, you may not maintain a steady income.
The good news is that you don’t need to work a 10-hour shift to make a living as a Dasher. It’s all about smart scheduling. Here are a few tips:
- Begin by understanding the peak hours in your area. Usually, lunch and dinner are crowded, but mornings can be busy in some areas.
- Use Early Access to secure high-demand shifts in advance.
- Identify recurring patterns in your local market, and make sure to work those hours.
- Use other apps for deliveries from the same restaurant, especially during non-peak hours.
Common Scheduling Challenges and Solutions
Generally, DoorDash scheduling is crucial to earning a reasonable income on this app. Still, there are some drawbacks to this feature. These include:
- Early Access competition: Landing your preferred slot can be difficult even for Early Access members. Make sure to have a stable internet connection and open the app earlier than 3 pm to guarantee booking peak hours.
- Unavailable time slots: As a new dasher with a low completion rate, scheduling can be challenging. To increase your profile credentials, consider working during off-peak hours—at least until you become a Top Dasher.
- Unsteady income: Fluctuating order volume and varying tips can impact your income. To overcome this, schedule multiple shifts with a 30-minute break between every hour. That way, you can use other apps when you’re not dashing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Best Shifts for DoorDash?
The best shifts for DoorDash are typically centered around mealtimes. Mornings aren’t lucrative.
However, lunchtimes, between 11 am and 1 pm, are high in order volumes. Likewise, dinner hours from 5 pm to 9 pm witness high demand. Late hours can be profitable since customers usually tip more.
Why Can’t I Get Scheduled on DoorDash?
If you’re a new Dasher, you may not get scheduled because you haven’t completed your account yet. Ensure you’ve completed the signup process and set up your Red Card.
For seasoned Dashers, check the app again to see if additional time slots open or choose a different area.
Mastering your DoorDash schedule is your secret sauce for a steady gig and a reliable income! All you need to do is capitalize on peak hours to increase your orders. Leveraging the Early Access Scheduling feature is an excellent way to help you with that.
Aside from selecting time slots, staying flexible and making use of promotions, challenges, and holidays can help you maximize your earnings with the app.
The goal is to dash smartly. Take the time to schedule strategi