If you’re interested in joining the 41,000+ people who drive for Grubhub, here’s what the delivery service requires of you:
- You must be at least 18 years old in all cities nationwide except Las Vegas, where you must be 21.
- You need a smartphone with a data plan.
- You need a valid US driver’s license if you drive a car, truck, or SUV for food delivery.
- You must have a state ID if you’ll deliver via bike.
- You need your own vehicle — a bike, scooter, or car.
Grubhub doesn’t require prior delivery experience to begin working on its platform as an independent contractor.
As a Grubhub driver, you don’t use the same version of the app as everyone else.
Instead, you should download the Grubhub for Drivers app, which is available for free in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.