At some point during the Shipt Shopper application, you’ll go through an interview. My suggestion is to not worry about this part – it’s easy to pass.
The Shipt interview questions pretty much fall in line with what you’d expect when getting interviewed by a basic, entry-level job. When answering these questions, remember that Shipt is in the customer service business.
You’ll likely be dealing with customers when shopping with Shipt, so try to frame your answers in a way that puts the customer first, and at the same time, presents unique solutions to problems.
To pass the Shipt interview, consider the following tips:
- Be Yourself and Honest: Answer questions based on your experience honestly. There’s no special phrase or trick to getting hired.
- Good Recording Quality: Ensure that your video recordings are audible and clear. This shows professionalism and attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service: Re-record your answers as many times as necessary. Watch your recordings and ask yourself if you would hire the person in the video for a job requiring good communication skills, excellent customer service, and time management skills.
- Use the STAR Format for Situational Questions: Practice answering situational interview questions using the STAR format:
- Situation: Describe the context within which you performed a task or faced a challenge at work.
- Task: Explain the actual task or challenge that was involved.
- Action: Describe the action you took to address the situation.
- Result: Share the outcomes or results of the action you took.
- Preparation: Take time to think about and prepare your answers before recording to avoid stammering or appearing nervous.
- Repeat the Question: Begin your answer by repeating the question to structure your response clearly.
- Appearance and Demeanor: Look professional, smile, and be friendly during your interview to make a good impression.
Remember, there is no guaranteed formula for getting hired, but these tips can increase your chances by demonstrating your suitability for the role.